The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Balotelli's never going to hit his potential, he hasn't got the mentality to do so. He probably would like to move, but no one wants to take the risk on him, especially Wenger. More chance of him going QPR than Arsenal

Who do you guys think we will sign then? It will either be Balotelli or Benzema for me.

Wenger withdrew from commentary job tonight as he was meeting agents. Confirmed by Lizarazu.

Edit: Confirmed as Sanzhez's agent.

Last edited:
You'll sign some French kid from second league on free and.... meh, I give up.

Who do you guys think we will sign then? It will either be Balotelli or Benzema for me.

Benzema's not happening. Balotelli might but I don't think he'd be that good. Not a huge amount of great strikers around for Arsenal to pick from at the mo.

I don't think Balotelli is a good idea. He's just walking on the pitch most of the time, then he gets frustrated. As someone said, half his goals are from free kicks and penalties. Also he will cost us at least 25 mil and he'd be on high wages. Really bad idea, i'd rather have Giroud/Campbell(although I consider him more of a winger)/Walcott than Balotelli.

For me
Obvious options - Mandzukic or Bony
Unusual - Doumbia - he has crazy goal scoring record for CSKA, but had some back troubles and is unproven in top league

Spanish TV have said that Arsene Wenger met with Alexis Sanchez's agent in Brazil this evening after Chile's game against Netherlands.

Spanish TV have said that Arsene Wenger met with Alexis Sanchez's agent in Brazil this evening after Chile's game against Netherlands.

Yeah Lizarazu said that Wenger withdrew from his duties as commentator due to negotiations with of then unknown players agent.

Jackson Martinez, who was another possibility, is going to be offered a contract extension at Porto.

We're also being linked with a 23 year old goalkeeper playing for Molde, Orjan Haskjold Nyland.

Last edited:
France right-back Bacary Sagna has dismissed suggestions that his recent move from Arsenal to Manchester City was motivated by greed, insisting it was only to do with personal ambition.
Sagna, 31, left Arsenal on a free transfer at the end of last season after seven years at the club and promptly signed for the Premier League champions on a three-year contract.
"I'm going to clear everything out, because I keep reading (claims) I left for money, I'm greedy, whatever," he said after France's 0-0 draw against Ecuador.
"All I want to say is I stayed in Arsenal with the same contract since 2008. I never asked for (more) money, so people who think that it's for money, it's not. I just wanted to change and boost my career, and I think it was about time."

Back