The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I would not mind a summer transfer window that consists of Sanchez, Remy, Khedira and Debuchy. Mandzukic is too much like Giroud for my liking and Porto will be asking high prices for Martinez. I understand he has a RC but I still think that is way too much to pay for him.

Khedira isnt exactly what we need. Would rather Schneiderlin.

A guy just posted a photo on instagram with a photo of Debuchy and saying "Welcome to Arsenal! Mathieu will be a Gunner after the World Cup" and Debuchy liked it and replied with ";)"

Take that for what it's worth...

Heavily linked with Debuchy, for £12m with transfer to be confirmed after World Cup.
Good player, but i'd still rather get Aurier, Debuchy will soon be 29 and Aurier is more versatile.

12m for Debuchy considering his age would be us getting fleeced. Lets ***** some money at Aurier and actually see what occurs with the lad. The only downside is if other clubs come in and try to turn his head withr ridiculous offers, such as PSG, and we can't compete with the oil money for 'promising players' especially.

Khedira isnt exactly what we need. Would rather Schneiderlin.

Supposedly we've bid £23.8m for him now.

I assume it's so that Suarez isn't in a "one horse race" position, so that Real can pump some money out, and open up talks. Perhaps if Sanchez is getting his head turned away from his supposed London bias that we might be able to turn it back by reducing the pressure on him to be a makeweight by Barca. I can see few other reasons to not put that £20m towards Schneiderlin otherwise unless we've been told he isn't for sale anywhere near that price.

To be fair, Debuchy has done excellent at Newcastle and in fact was one of the highest rated RB's in all of Europe last season. Also he is France's starting RB over Sagna. I don't mind spending the cash on him. Aurier is a promisingly RB who had his best season last year but we need a proven RB that has been playing good for years.

Also regarding Sanchez rumor has it he will sign for Arsenal over Liverpool. Would be a great signing if true. You just know we have to have a big name signing for the July 10th Puma kit reveal.

Thing is, he's nearly 28, and 12m is a lot. Plus I can't think of a single player who Newcastle has sold who hasn't been for a vastly inflated fee. I understand Wenger wants to steady the ship, but I really didn't have Debuchy on the radar, is he a marauding fullback or more of a solid defensive type? As it seems he does most of it 'well', but isn't stand-out. Perhaps I just want Aurier pinging proper crosses in for Giroud and finally have a few headers scored for Arsenal ;)

He's actually July '85, so nearly 29. He often breaks forward, offers width to the team and send crosses. Had a good season in Newcastle. I have no problem with him as a player, but he seems to be a stop gap. Aurier is young, wants to play for the team (big plus for me), (probably) is quite cheap and versatile. He's alredy international, has over 100 appearances in Ligue 1, so you hardly can tell he's inexperienced. So whereas I would be pretty happy with Debuchy, why not get Aurier?

Last edited:
Supposedly we've bid £23.8m for him now.

I assume it's so that Suarez isn't in a "one horse race" position, so that Real can pump some money out, and open up talks. Perhaps if Sanchez is getting his head turned away from his supposed London bias that we might be able to turn it back by reducing the pressure on him to be a makeweight by Barca. I can see few other reasons to not put that £20m towards Schneiderlin otherwise unless we've been told he isn't for sale anywhere near that price.

Suarez seems to be off to Barca and Real are getting Falcao. Real seem to be selling Khedira to make space for Kroos.

Khedira seems like a very good fit for Arsenal. Habitually underrated, that man.

Great player, Kheidira. Would take him at Liverpool to slot in alongside Gerrard. Would be great for ****

It's pretty much official that Debuchy's joining sometime in the near future.

Last edited:
Jonker's been busy since starting this month getting new players for our youth starting with Ben Sheaf from WHU and now getting Hugo Keto from HJK.

Wonder why Micah Richards wasn't on the list of Right backs we would potential get to replace sagna

Schneiderlin would be a decent transfer if we can get him

Back