The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
What a fantastic signing Sanchez is for arsenal. Can't wait to see him in the premier league in all honesty even if he is playing for a rival ;)

Sanchez takes No.17 from Nacho Monreal and will have 'Alexis' on the back of his shirt.

View attachment 360655

EDIT: Monreal will now wear No.18, while Gibbs has been confirmed as new No.3 replacing Sagna.

Last edited:
Just heard the news! All that transfer bullshit from last few years has been blown out of the window.

Walcott, Sanchez, Ramsey, Ozil in the same team. Very hard to stop that attack when Walcott and Sanchez makes the run and Ozil plays beautiful killer passes. Not to mention Ramsey is superb too when it comes to off the ball movement.

Quality signing, no need to focus on another striker though, Wenger needs to focus on a second keeper (Ospina looking possible) a right back (Debuchy all but confirmed) a left back to replace Monreal, and a cb to replace Vermaelen who is probably off elsewhere. A defensive midfielder should complete a good squad. If we take Campbell back and once Walcott is fit we will have at least 5 who can play up front. We are looking like a solid team not just one centred around one or two players.

I think Ospina is a good first-choice keeper let alone back-up.

Yeah looks like we are reinforcing across the field really well. Only position really with no rumours a CB, but I have no doubt we will sign someone if (when) Vermaelen goes.

Yeah looks like we are reinforcing across the field really well. Only position really with no rumours a CB, but I have no doubt we will sign someone if (when) Vermaelen goes.

Just out of interest why are you interested in entertaining offers for Vermealen when you need to reinforce that area? At one point when he was injury-free, people were hailing him as one of the best. Don't quite get it.

Just out of interest why are you interested in entertaining offers for Vermealen when you need to reinforce that area? At one point when he was injury-free, people were hailing him as one of the best. Don't quite get it.

Loyal player and I think he deserves to play day in day out which wont happen with us. Would prefer him to go to Juve who are another team interested rather than Utd though.

Loyal player and I think he deserves to play day in day out which wont happen with us. Would prefer him to go to Juve who are another team interested rather than Utd though.

We're out of CL.. we're not a threat to you ;)

I like Sami Khedira he's a real good player, not sure he's the defensive midfielder you really need though. Lars Bender on the other hand... would be a great buy, big fan.

I don't see Vermaelen leaving. In fact heard a couple places we were about to offer him a new contract. I wouldn't mind Ospina as our back up GK. Khedira, Debuchy, Ospina, Sanchez would be an amazing transfer window for us. And remember Arteta was not a DM when he first signed for us. Wenger could probably move him deeper like he did with Arteta.

We're out of CL.. we're not a threat to you ;)

I like Sami Khedira he's a real good player, not sure he's the defensive midfielder you really need though. Lars Bender on the other hand... would be a great buy, big fan.

You'll be fresh without european games ( unless you go through the friendly ideas which I've read about Milan etc... ) so you'll be a threat if you manage couple more signings and LVG gets better start than what he usually does.

Arteta wasn't a DM when signed, but has been among the best in Prem for us. I believe Sami could work well for us. Think Bender will stay put as he indicated earlier after his below par season.

I don't see Vermaelen leaving. In fact heard a couple places we were about to offer him a new contract. I wouldn't mind Ospina as our back up GK. Khedira, Debuchy, Ospina, Sanchez would be an amazing transfer window for us. And remember Arteta was not a DM when he first signed for us. Wenger could probably move him deeper like he did with Arteta.

But will he accept? Doubt it really.

Arteta wasn't a DM when signed, but has been among the best in Prem for us.

Arteta was really defensively sound in his last few seasons at Everton too. You guys moved him back but you didn't really change his game all that much. That process started after he got injured and was forced to play more centrally.

Arteta was really defensively sound in his last few seasons at Everton too. You guys moved him back but you didn't really change his game all that much. That process started after he got injured and was forced to play more centrally.

Can't remember he was as good for Everton as for us especially in 11-12 and 12-13 seasons, but yeah you might be right. Didn't really follow Everton or Arteta before he became our player.

Just seems you're taking some of Sami Khedira's main qualities away if you make him into a defensive midfielder.

Just seems you're taking some of Sami Khedira's main qualities away if you make him into a defensive midfielder.

well we don't need pure dm for majority of our games and I think many of those attributes could well be used in more defensive way.

Back