The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Chambers has been man of the match every game this season. But, Mertesacker is back now and his partnership with Koscielny last season was up there with Cahill and Terry. With Arteta injured, Chambers could play CDM. The only thing is that Özil is back now so Wilshere will either be dropped or put in the Arteta role. Wilshere needs to prove himself and Chambers has been on fire. What do you's think?

Ox hasn't had consistent starts with us yet. I can't blame him when he hasn't had an opportunity to get in form. I remember when walcott was in same boat...then it all clicked and he started banging in goals.

TBH I don't trust Wilshere in deeper position and I'm not sure with Chambers, has he ever played there? According to wiki, Debuchy used to play in midfield, so maybe Chambers as RB and Debuchy in midfield?
Big issue right now is striker. Sanogo really needs a loan, he gets into good positions but looks very unexperienced, can't hold the ball, and "his balance and pace remind me of myself after about 20 Jaeger Bombs running from the cops", and there's nothing to say about Giroud. Which one winger/striker would you start insted of him? I'd go for Theo, supported by Ox - Ozil - Sanchez, with Sanchez - Ox and Theo - Sanchez swapping positions and with Campbell as 2nd option on the left and right.

TBH I don't trust Wilshere in deeper position and I'm not sure with Chambers, has he ever played there? According to wiki, Debuchy used to play in midfield, so maybe Chambers as RB and Debuchy in midfield?
Big issue right now is striker. Sanogo really needs a loan, he gets into good positions but looks very unexperienced, can't hold the ball, and "his balance and pace remind me of myself after about 20 Jaeger Bombs running from the cops", and there's nothing to say about Giroud. Which one winger/striker would you start insted of him? I'd go for Theo, supported by Ox - Ozil - Sanchez, with Sanchez - Ox and Theo - Sanchez swapping positions and with Campbell as 2nd option on the left and right.

Chambers was converted from CM to RB last summer. Played there for youth, but apart from that not to my knowledge. For me Sanogo has been better so far this season than Giroud. Apparently lost his passport and didn't travel because of it. Agree that he could do with a loan, but if we were to send him we'd need to buy a new striker.

Against Everton I'd go with Rambo - Flamini with Cazorla in #10 slot with Ox on left and Sanchez on right. Sanogo up top. Özil probably not ready to start and better save him for Besiktas game. If not Cazorla then Rosicky.

Ox hasn't had consistent starts with us yet. I can't blame him when he hasn't had an opportunity to get in form. I remember when walcott was in same boat...then it all clicked and he started banging in goals.

Looked great in that AV opener last season, but injury interrupted. Needs to avoid injuries. I think Wenger might be slowly building him up now to fitness and thats why he has played so little.

Chambers has been man of the match every game this season. But, Mertesacker is back now and his partnership with Koscielny last season was up there with Cahill and Terry. With Arteta injured, Chambers could play CDM. The only thing is that Özil is back now so Wilshere will either be dropped or put in the Arteta role. Wilshere needs to prove himself and Chambers has been on fire. What do you's think?

None of our midfielders has been great so far, but Wilshere is bit unfairly targeted. Against Everton he'll play Ramsey role with probably either Chambers or Flamini behind him.

Good to know about Chambers, thanks for the info.
Sanogo could do with a run of games, I've seen him a few times before he joined us and he looked really good, I think it's obvious that he's unexperienced and is not fully fit and he needs to play, otherwise he may end being 24 and playing in Championship if he won't prove himself. It's just I don't think he should be regular for any team challenging for CL spots and title.

Good to know about Chambers, thanks for the info.
Sanogo could do with a run of games, I've seen him a few times before he joined us and he looked really good, I think it's obvious that he's unexperienced and is not fully fit and he needs to play, otherwise he may end being 24 and playing in Championship if he won't prove himself. It's just I don't think he should be regular for any team challenging for CL spots and title.

Yeah I think he could be useful for lower table sides. Not as a starter, but would get more minutes and hopefully improve. While he's not great he can make nuisance out of himself.

Ox and Gibbs have nominated Andre Marriner for the ice bucket challenge. The others they nominated are Raheem Sterling, Anthony Joshua and Bacary Sagna.

Ox and Gibbs have nominated Andre Marriner for the ice bucket challenge. The others they nominated are Raheem Sterling, Anthony Joshua and Bacary Sagna.

Yeah saw that! The Jose Mourinho one is hilarious! :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Rumours doing the rounds that Juventus will open talks for Podolski next week according to Di Marzio and that he isn't in today's squad because of the impending exit.

As much as I'd be sad to see Poldi go, this might mean we're actually chasing another forward which can only be good news.

Rumours doing the rounds that Juventus will open talks for Podolski next week according to Di Marzio and that he isn't in today's squad because of the impending exit.

As much as I'd be sad to see Poldi go, this might mean we're actually chasing another forward which can only be good news.

Yeah, but only thing with Juve is that they talk much, but do little on transfers. Don't think they can even afford the fee we are asking or his wages.

Why, IMO, it wouldn't be a big loss. Like, at all. The Ox, Santi and Campbell can all play there. Even Sanchez, from what we've seen in the last 30 of the Palace game. Podolski: Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics | wearethenorthbank.com | wearethenorthbank.com

Yeah I think Ox and Santi will nail the left side down for this season Campbell getting odd game and probably coming off bench. Can't really see how Lukas would get game time he wants if he stays. I think he was also the only one of the germans to get left out of trip to Everton.

Szczesny, Debuchy, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere, Özil, Chamberlain, Özil and Sanchez starting.

Bench: Martinez, Bellerin, Koscielny, Rosicky, Cazorla, Campbell and Giroud.

God you guys look shockingly easy to play againt, and still looks like same problems as last season. Who is breaking up play who is pressing the ball? No midfield enforcer! Ozil again not doing his defensive duties. And Sanchez as STR is never going to work! Never worked at Udinese never worked at Barca and there is a reason he never plays there for Chile. By the way I do actually like watching you guys and have not come on here to bash, coz you actually play some nice stuff.

Back