The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
We need striker that's better than Giroud not someone who's on his level or even maybe level below. Net spend still around 30m and if I remember right there was around 200m in bank start of summer so no reason why we can't go big with striker signing. Unless Real were waiting for Di Maria money to arrive to get Falcao I think they would have signed him already. Go big for him and we'd be ready for title push.

We need striker that's better than Giroud not someone who's on his level or even maybe level below. Net spend still around 30m and if I remember right there was around 200m in bank start of summer so no reason why we can't go big with striker signing. Unless Real were waiting for Di Maria money to arrive to get Falcao I think they would have signed him already. Go big for him and we'd be ready for title push.

Or get Cavani....or Jackson Martinez.

I really really would love for Wenger to splash out on a world-class striker but I just can't see it happening. At best we'll sign a stop-gap solution like Remy or Eto'o.

Or get Cavani....or Jackson Martinez.

I really really would love for Wenger to splash out on a world-class striker but I just can't see it happening. At best we'll sign a stop-gap solution like Remy or Eto'o.

Yeah didn't Jackson Martinez just sign a new deal where his RC was dropped to 30m euros? I think PSG said Cavani's staying.

Homegrown Restrictions – Arsenal must sell before they buy | Arsene Wengers Magic
Vermaelen is off, and Ryo will probably be sold/loaned out, not sure on Coquelin, he's HG, but we can also register Ox and sell/loan out Coquelin. That leaves us with 2 places in the squad. We need CB,DM and striker, so we either need to sell someone or buy versatile DM who can also cover CB (with Chambers used both at CB and RB and Bellerín as 3rd choice RB).

No problems with HG rules.

GK: Szczesny (HG), Ospina, Martinez (HG)
DEF: Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Chambers (HG/U21), Gibbs (HG), Monreal.
MID: Arteta, Flamini, Diaby, Ramsey (HG), Wilshere (HG), Ox (HG), Rosicky, Özil, Cazorla.
FWD: Giroud, Sanogo (U21), Podolski, Sanchez, Campbell and Walcott(HG)

If Podolski is sold we can sign 3 new players and there's always the option not to register player like Diaby to the playing squad if needed. Didn't count players like Ryo or Coquelin who will leave.

Jackson Martinez aint world class and has poor technique. 8 players registered must be hg or you lose 1 place for each non hg under 8. This means that 1 non hg player (most likely foreign) player can be signed and 2 more hg. This means that William Carvalho is or most likely option as he can play cb as well and Podolski must stay until Giroud is fit.

Jackson Martinez aint world class and has poor technique. 8 players registered must be hg or you lose 1 place for each non hg under 8. This means that 1 non hg player (most likely foreign) player can be signed and 2 more hg. This means that William Carvalho is or most likely option as he can play cb as well and Podolski must stay until Giroud is fit.

What you on about? We have 8 HG players ( 9 if you count in Coquelin ) on the squad. All of the 3 if signed can be non hg.

Now I'd never wish for a serious injury on any of our players but in this case I'm secretly pleased since this should force Wenger's hand and hopefully we end up signing another striker (something I've been saying since the start of the window and even after Alexis' arrival).

At this moment in time I think I'd take anyone.

Christ man have some standards. Even Cedric Bakambu is the nice looking but shy girl who doesn't usually go out on nights like these but her friends were going so she did too. In this analogy Nikola Zigic is the fat chick who's vomited down her dress and passed out on a sofa.

Christ man have some standards. Even Cedric Bakambu is the nice looking but shy girl who doesn't usually go out on nights like these but her friends were going so she did too. In this analogy Nikola Zigic is the fat chick who's vomited down her dress and passed out on a sofa.

I haven't got a reply for that. That's brilliant.

Starting XI: Szczęsny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Özil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Flamini, Sanchez

Can't find the subs.

Back