The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Welbeck is a much more-rounded striker than Sanogo, offers a lot to a man and would be great for Arsenal IMO.

He's perhaps not the most lethal, but then again he still scores goals and hasn't been playing in his favoured position regularly.

Only problem is... United know it... you'll be getting fleeced for every penny now if you want a deal.

Welbeck is a much more-rounded striker than Sanogo, offers a lot to a man and would be great for Arsenal IMO.

He's perhaps not the most lethal, but then again he still scores goals and hasn't been playing in his favoured position regularly.

Only problem is... United know it... you'll be getting fleeced for every penny now if you want a deal.

£16mil apparently. Not the best price, but could have been much more.

Will be good for the british core here and I think there's lot of improvement to come from him.

£16mil apparently. Not the best price, but could have been much more.

Will be good for the british core here and I think there's lot of improvement to come from him.

Actually that's good I reckon, I expected much better from United for a England international and knowing you're desperate, also probably our biggest rival for top 4.

Actually that's good I reckon, I expected much better from United for a England international

I kinda wish that still meant something. Jay Bothroyd is an England international, after all.

and knowing you're desperate, also probably our biggest rival for top 4.

Cute, you think you're still pushing for top four! ;)

I kinda wish that still meant something. Jay Bothroyd is an England international, after all.

Err.... what?

Welbeck has a very strong all round-game, lacking the lethal finishing yes but he's never consistently played as a striker on a regular run of games.

Will offer a lot to Arsenal I think, big improvement over Sanogo, Arsenal are desperate, no need for us to sell to them regardless, when we consider the Vermealen situation.

I expected £20m minimum, maybe I have high standards but when you consider what other players have gone for this window, £16m seems not bad for Arsenal on final night of transfer window for him.

I expect us to yes.. no reason why that shouldn't be expected.

Your defence and midfield say hi.

Our midfield isn't a weakness anymore. Daley Blind won player of the year in Dutch League playing a Defensive Midfield role. Herrera and Carrick and Di Maria is as good as anything in this league. Apart from Chelsea.. maybe.

Btw if Gerrard gets injured... you've got... Emre can. Or.. Joe Allen.

Last edited:
The club have eighteen minutes to get a Welbeck deal done, if that's really all this window is going to amount to.

This gonna be a long long season for us. Hello Europa League.

I expect us to yes.. no reason why that shouldn't be expected.

In all honestly, you should be pushing for the title. Top 4 should be a given now. Anything less would be a massive failure. **** if you fail to win a trophy this season then that would be a failure as well considering the players you brought in and the money you spent

In all honestly, you should be pushing for the title. Top 4 should be a given now. Anything less would be a massive failure. **** if you fail to win a trophy this season then that would be a failure as well considering the players you brought in and the money you spent

Don't think title should be expected, players have come in all over the place so for them to gel and a new manager with new philosophy all in one season.. is expecting bit too much.

I'm not okay with this roster.. We are not title contenders with it.. 2 and a half CB's?? Flamini and Arteta as DM's?? Welbeck? Really??

Back