The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
If Sanogo and Welbeck ever end up on the pitch at the same time i can see them colliding and ending up in a terrible twisted mess of legs, akin to a tangled headphone cable ;)

Gangly.

I'm actually fine with this signing. Just a shame we didn't sign another defender or DM. Welbeck could be for us like Sturridge was when he left Chelsea for Liverpool. You never know.

Would take an half decent striker so ... Welcome Welbeck

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm actually fine with this signing. Just a shame we didn't sign another defender or DM. Welbeck could be for us like Sturridge was when he left Chelsea for Liverpool. You never know.
Sorry nut Welbeck will never be like Sturridge goal wise. The only think they have in common is pace and power and good technique. Welbs no matter how much I like him and wanted him to stay will never be a goal scorer LVG,Yorke,Redknapp,Meulesteen nearly everyone in football has said this! His record is about a goal every 6-7 games. **** better than Sanogo I suppose.

That's about as much as he is though. Half decent. And even that's overestimating him in my opinion.

Better than Sanogo. But Wenger should start Campbell more and not just have as a sub.

Better than Sanogo. But Wenger should start Campbell more and not just have as a sub.

Defo has more to his game than Sanogo. Don't think Wenger rates Campbell after hearing his agent was trying to force a move to Benfica.

Sorry nut Welbeck will never be like Sturridge goal wise. The only think they have in common is pace and power and good technique. Welbs no matter how much I like him and wanted him to stay will never be a goal scorer LVG,Yorke,Redknapp,Meulesteen nearly everyone in football has said this! His record is about a goal every 6-7 games. **** better than Sanogo I suppose.

Maybe, but still when comparing to other Prem strikers he has good GPG ratio so far for his age and he will only improve this. Thierry is soon back training with us so could take Welbeck under his wing ;). More I got to think about this happier I am with this signing. Welbeck, Sanchez, Walcott and Özil could prove to be lethal foursome on counter.

Out: Fabianski In: Ospina Verdict: Improvement
Out: Sagna In: Debucby Verdict: Improvement
Out: Vermaelen In: Chambers Verdict: Potential to be massive improvement. Now considering Vermaelens form Improvement.
Out: Park In: Sanchez Verdict: :)
Out: Lord Bendtner In: Welbeck Verdict: Improvement

I'd give our transfer window a 7/10 or at tops 7½. Would have been over 8 with DM signing.

Maybe, but still when comparing to other Prem strikers he has good GPG ratio so far for his age and he will only improve this. Thierry is soon back training with us so could take Welbeck under his wing ;). More I got to think about this happier I am with this signing. Welbeck, Sanchez, Walcott and Özil could prove to be lethal foursome on counter.
Will be good signing no dout and give you some versatility, but will never be a goal scorer.

Certainly have never rated Welbeck but he is a gunner now and will get behind him and give him the benefit of the doubt at least until he has played and showed us what he has to offer. I don't expect him to bang in thirty plus goals a season, but like Giroud last season and several players the previous season can see him, Giroud, Sanchez, Cazorla And Walcott assuming he stays fit banging in 15+ goals a piece.

Injuries are going to be where we succeed or fail again.

Welbeck has played 118 games scored 26 gls and only 8 assists

But how many of those games as a starter or as a CF? Doubt that many.

Last season he scored 9 in 15 starts, 6 in 6 games when playing as a CF, 30% conversion rate and converted 70% of clear cut chances. That's pretty solid.

Certainly have never rated Welbeck but he is a gunner now and will get behind him and give him the benefit of the doubt at least until he has played and showed us what he has to offer. I don't expect him to bang in thirty plus goals a season, but like Giroud last season and several players the previous season can see him, Giroud, Sanchez, Cazorla And Walcott assuming he stays fit banging in 15+ goals a piece.

Injuries are going to be where we succeed or fail again.
How longs Walcott out for mate?

The difference between Welbeck for United and for arsenal will be that we are going to have to play him in his preferred position regularly, United have been forced to play him out wide a lot because of formation and the better players they have in the central role, Sturridge and hodgsons formation has seen him pushed to the wider roles as well. We have a decent number of attacking midfielders and players who can perform in the wider roles and so we have to utilise him up top through the centre. Fingers crossed it is all we can do.

Walcott October return, he is probably our most natural finisher and his pace is devastating, made some massive impact when played in last few years but that injury killed our season last year

But how many of those games as a starter or as a CF? Doubt that many.

Last season he scored 9 in 15 starts, 6 in 6 games when playing as a CF, 30% conversion rate and converted 70% of clear cut chances. That's pretty solid.
Yes not bad. But to think he is gonna be a goal or assist machine is not going to happen. And when all your players are fit he wont start that many games anyway. He will never be the next Henry :) Good solid player yes.

Back