The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Walcott October return, he is probably our most natural finisher and his pace is devastating, made some massive impact when played in last few years but that injury killed our season last year
Cheers mate. Has seem years LOL since he played last:) devastating player for you guys.

Yes not bad. But to think he is gonna be a goal or assist machine is not going to happen. And when all your players are fit he wont start that many games anyway. He will never be the next Henry :) Good solid player yes.

No not expecting him to be. What I think he will be is a solid good player (8/10 or just maybe a 9). Really hope he gets a good start.

No not expecting him to be. What I think he will be is a solid good player (8/10 or just maybe a 9). Really hope he gets a good start.
Have defo got a good player that will give his all and offer something to the team, and off the bench.

Certainly have never rated Welbeck but he is a gunner now and will get behind him and give him the benefit of the doubt at least until he has played and showed us what he has to offer. I don't expect him to bang in thirty plus goals a season, but like Giroud last season and several players the previous season can see him, Giroud, Sanchez, Cazorla And Walcott assuming he stays fit banging in 15+ goals a piece.

Injuries are going to be where we succeed or fail again.

At least you're not one of the 'I ALWAYS RATED HIM' band. Think that's a good analysis of the situation.

Despite all the protestations of fans who wanted big named dm, striker, etc and so on, we finished 7 points ahead of fifth and only 7 points off winning the title last season, it's fairly hard to argue that the squad isn't stronger with the new additions brought in, which is all anyone can really expect from a team.

I'll take it. Welbeck hasn't had a fair shake with manc or national team. He offers EPL experience and another dimension compared to giroud. If he is a Rosicky type player I'm cool with that, if he scores 20 goals I'll be delighted.

Making my champs league fantasy team was just wondering is rambo still banned or was it just one game?

Wenger must have made some kind of pact with the devil b4 the invincible season, I mean, Giroud, Arteta, Ospina, Gibbs, Kos with problems and now head injury. Gnabry injured, early march, apparently his knee, it too long now and Wenger said he's far so might be quite serious.

Despite all the protestations of fans who wanted big named dm, striker, etc and so on, we finished 7 points ahead of fifth and only 7 points off winning the title last season, it's fairly hard to argue that the squad isn't stronger with the new additions brought in, which is all anyone can really expect from a team.

We stayed 7 points behind because we got hammered by every big team.. because we have no Holding Mid. We needed a physical presence there, Arsenal is the smallest, Lightest team in the BPL and you can see that in a lot of games where they just get bullied..

Sure, your squad's better, but the major problems - the ones which lose you matches and drop you points - remain unaddressed. More to the point, you may have strengthened but others have strengthened more. Chelsea, for example, have strengthened massively. City have made good additions across the board and lost very few, and those that they have lost (Negredo) have been covered by the revitalisation of others (Jovetic). Even Liverpool absorbed the loss of the best non-Messi/Ronaldo player in the world last year by going out and strengthening their problem positions. Arsenal haven't done that, and now you're stuck with Yaya Sanogo up front and Mathieu Flamini as your lone defensive midfielder.

Back