The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Hammered or beaten 1-0 made no difference a loss is a loss, if we had had cover for giroud so he hadn't needed to play every match it could be argued three goals could have won us the title, changing three draws into three wins (obviously the two home draws against Chelsea and city would have to be two of them).

The big losses were embarrasing shambolic performances (with the exception of the go for it attitude at the Etihad), however last season was down to fine margins and we didn't have the players to rotate our strike force which we now may have. What we need is more goals, that is how city an Liverpool were the top two, we need to not be afraid to drop the likes of ozil (insert any of our higher earner here) if they arent playing well, and change the formation up (go two up or for a three at the back approach (which chambers could allow us to do)if the match calls for it.

Would a solid dm made us better- well yes there are better players out there, but 7 points is how many points man united have dropped already this season. Three games made the difference between the league and no champions league for us. It isn't that big a gap

I agree other teams have strengthened,(an injury for Diego costa would be ideal at the moment) Liverpool aren't as much of a thret this season as they have Europe, they played over ten games less than the rest of the top 7 last season with the exception of Everton and I think that will tell this season. We have a hard run coming up which will tell us exactly how thin or strong our squad is. Maybe I am just an optimistic supporter but I will never apologise for that. I'll criticise when we have performed badly or failed to qualify for Europe and so on. We have strengthened a team that won the fa cup last season, I for one am looking forward to this season.

Shambles to be honest.

Win the FA cup, use Ozil and Sanchez as a springboard to a proper DM, CB and Welbeck up front and I'd be over the moon.

Penny pinching £2m on Manolas and not willing to spend £25m-30m on Schneiderlin - both players we could have easily got and need - will cost us a chance of winning the league. As for scraping a FA cup or league cup again, it's very doable, but we shouldn't be relying on City and Chelsea to **** it up, we should be grabbing games and winning them.

Shocking.

It all looks as if Arsene realized he has a war chest few years too late. After season after season of bad judgement in the market, looks like Chelsea, City and United finally got their **** together.

It's the same every year. We have great squad, a lot of young players who are already internationals, versatile players allowing very fluid display, players with great pace, 2 great goalkeepers, but we lack in some key areas and we never go that extra mile. I think if I should pick Wenger's biggest flaw, it would be that he never learns from his mistakes and does them again and again. I think it is time for complete staff overhaul, we already started in youth levels and medical staff, but we must go further. You can see that the coaching is not good, both offensively and defensively. I do not think we are currently in bad shape, but for a few years I fell we need fresh blood, modern manager with current approach and ideas.

Just ******* stop with playing Ozil Out wide and have alexis/Ox/Walcott on the wings. enough of Santi out wide. He's a good impact sub at this point.

Totally agree, Cazorla or Ozil best central attacking mid at club but neither strong enough out wide. For me when squad fully fit one definitely doesn't get in the starting line up.

Wenger's biggest issue for me isn't transfer policy, or relying on youth, but more his reluctance to change tactics. We play same formation against hull, Barcelona, Chelsea or Wigan. There has to be occasion where we benefit from two up, or playing narrower, or using more pace, or stocking the defence.

For or me with a fully fit squad line up is:

sczeszny, debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Oxlade chamberlain, Walcott, Sanchez and Giroud. 4,3,3

subs: Ospina, chambers, Flamini, Cazorla, rosicky, Ozil, Welbeck

turns out out I would opt for pace and Ozil and Cazorla only make the bench with ox taking their place because of his willingness to shoot

Totally agree, Cazorla or Ozil best central attacking mid at club but neither strong enough out wide. For me when squad fully fit one definitely doesn't get in the starting line up.

Wenger's biggest issue for me isn't transfer policy, or relying on youth, but more his reluctance to change tactics. We play same formation against hull, Barcelona, Chelsea or Wigan. There has to be occasion where we benefit from two up, or playing narrower, or using more pace, or stocking the defence.

For or me with a fully fit squad line up is:

sczeszny, debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Oxlade chamberlain, Walcott, Sanchez and Giroud. 4,3,3

subs: Ospina, chambers, Flamini, Cazorla, rosicky, Ozil, Welbeck

turns out out I would opt for pace and Ozil and Cazorla only make the bench with ox taking their place because of his willingness to shoot
Good team that and good players to impact off the bench! But Ramsey and Wilshere and Ox is very lightweight in CM. Wenger should of got a Bender,Schniederlin,Sandro type player.

I would be tempted to switch out one and use Flamini or chambers in dm role when we needed a bit more bite in there, I rate Flamini but only when Arteta not in the squad. They cancel each other out as unsure how to play together

I would be tempted to switch out one and use Flamini or chambers in dm role when we needed a bit more bite in there, I rate Flamini but only when Arteta not in the squad. They cancel each other out as unsure how to play together

Disagree with putting chambers there. Pick a position with him and keep him in that position preferably cb. If we **** about with him and move him about like Phil Jones it will just delay his development.

Disagree with putting chambers there. Pick a position with him and keep him in that position preferably cb. If we **** about with him and move him about like Phil Jones it will just delay his development.

Yeah at tops play him as RB when Debuchy can't in big games like Dortmund away as Bellerin isn't ready for those.

Agree with picking a position and sticking with him if possible, and he has looked fairly decent so far, but he isn't a centre back for me, just my opinion and time will tell, but at the moment he rushes into tackles far too quickly, when they come off they look spectacular, but in every match so far there has been an occasion where he has missed altogether and resulted in leaving a large space for the opposition to move into, (notably On Lukaku in the build up to Everton's second).

Not saying he won't ever be one of our first choices, I mean with the squad being so light in defence he has to be at the moment, but certainly hope he is having it drilled in that he needs to, where possible, stay on his feet.

I've read the original article in polish - its a completely fabricated story. Can't even be attributed to translation error, its just pure and utter bullshit. One less website in my reading routine I guess.

Well, it is Goal.com.

Back