The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The Ozil case is a really odd one, I thought he'd thrive in this league but maybe he suits a more direct team.

Disappointing though, I think the bigger questions are why you didn't invest more in the summer, at least get a Defensive Mid in if nothing else.
Well, La Liga is much less physical. It was obvious today that he can be bullied off the ball really easy. Another thing, he's played out of position and he doesn't get enough rest.
On the pitch he looks like 17 y/o talent, glimpses of magic, but overall ineffective and off the pace.

Out of all the managers in the PL, is there any less intimidating than Wenger? Difficult to be propa 'ard when you're a spindly old French man.

The lifetime of watching B grade action movies had taught me that you never want to push someone with appearance of crazy scientist. He may have a Death Ray or a cluster bomb with deadly viruses hidden under the bench for all you know.

Last edited:
Lets say that the article is correct, and Khedira snubed Chelsea. Why on earth would he want to come? To warm the bench? Matic and Fabregas are nailed in the first team, and Ramires + Mikel aren't exactly **** players either. I seriously doubt we were even in the race for him.
If he does join Arsenal, you finally have a proper CM.

The lifetime of watching B grade action movies had to time that you never want to push someone with appearance of crazy scientist. He may have a Death Ray or a cluster bomb with deadly viruses hidden under the bench for all you know.

I'm sure that he would have some insanely deadly weapon concealed under his jacket. The thing is, it would be 80% finished and have a paperclip instead of a trigger because Wenger refused to subject himself to this "inflated market".

Lets say that the article is correct, and Khedira snubed Chelsea. Why on earth would he want to come? To warm the bench? Matic and Fabregas are nailed in the first team, and Ramires + Mikel aren't exactly **** players either. I seriously doubt we were even in the race for him.
If he does join Arsenal, you finally have a proper CM.

Personally feel he would be an upgrade to Mikel. However, he has had two knee surgeries in a short span of time and nearly always gets injured every season so I am not too sure I want Chelsea to be paying him the huge wages that he is apparently demanding. Would still take him though

Personally feel he would be an upgrade to Mikel. However, he has had two knee surgeries in a short span of time and nearly always gets injured every season so I am not too sure I want Chelsea to be paying him the huge wages that he is apparently demanding. Would still take him though

He may be better, but the point was that he wouldn't join another team where he would be in the same situation as he is now. At Arsenal he would be in the first team 100%.

He may be better, but the point was that he wouldn't join another team where he would be in the same situation as he is now. At Arsenal he would be in the first team 100%.

Still think he would play quite often at Chelsea tbh if he remains fit

Out of all the managers in the PL, is there any less intimidating than Wenger? Difficult to be propa 'ard when you're a spindly old French man.

Wenger's actually pretty ******* stacked for a 64 year old.

BzMHS_wCUAAW2_b.jpg

In addition to Khedira, we're in the market for yet another creative midfielder. We've been scouting Marcelo Brozovic from Dinamo Zagreb, and are also apparently interested in Isco.

Back