The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I do think Arsenal will just stand still with Wenger in charge, that's just my opinion. He just never seems to learn and nothing really changes playing style wise, which for me is a must against some teams. Just trying to walk the ball in the net wont get th job done a lot of the time, teams will just sit narrow. Also his failings in the market is like groundhog day.

Arsenal's defensive problems in the last match were for once actually a product of player rather than system. Individual mistakes, like Mertesacker going to sleep and allowing Hernandez to head in and a whole host of Arsenal defenders dicking around for Diame's goal. That won't happen every week. I wouldn't read huge amounts into it.

Well done, for your sarcastic response when it wasn't needed at all.

When did I ever mention being an expert? Being an *** again I see, ban me for it if you want, I don't care.

THE BANTERBUS STOPS FOR NO MAN #360GETREKT

Well done, for your sarcastic response when it wasn't needed at all.

When did I ever mention being an expert? Being an *** again I see, ban me for it if you want, I don't care.
Don't mind GC, he's hitting puberty :D

Arsenal's defensive problems in the last match were for once actually a product of player rather than system. Individual mistakes, like Mertesacker going to sleep and allowing Hernandez to head in and a whole host of Arsenal defenders dicking around for Diame's goal. That won't happen every week. I wouldn't read huge amounts into it.

Perhaps you're right for this game, but their squad is paper thin in some key areas, it really is quite scary when you consider they are in CL as well as Premier League I don't really understand the logic behind it.

Don't get me wrong it's hard to get a squad which is solid in every area but when you look at their defence, midfield and striker options there is a reason to worry in each section of the team. Apart from no.10's ^.^.

Perhaps you're right for this game, but their squad is paper thin in some key areas, it really is quite scary when you consider they are in CL as well as Premier League I don't really understand the logic behind it.

Don't get me wrong it's hard to get a squad which is solid in every area but when you look at their defence, midfield and striker options there is a reason to worry in each section of the team. Apart from no.10's ^.^.
In all honesty Ozil and Sanchez were really the last area they needed strengthening.

True, instead of appealing for the foul Mertesacker should have made a challenge on Diame. But it was a clear foul on Flamini. I haven't got an explanation for the second goal. Complete lack of concentration by the BFG.

We're after Andre Silva, a forward from the Porto B squad. Chelsea are apparently also interested. We're also being linked with Ipswich Town left back Tyrone Mings. In other news, it's being reported Monaco are set to offer a three-year contract worth £28m to Wenger.

Last edited:
We're after Andre Silva, a forward from the Porto B squad. Chelsea are apparently also interested. We're also being linked with Ipswich Town left back Tyrone Mings. In other news, it's being reported Monaco are set to offer a three-year contract worth £28m to Wenger.
I think Arsenal would benefit from him leaving tbh. Even though he has been class for you guys!

No idea who would replace him though. There's nobody available. I'm not saying he's going to leave, in it's almost a certainty that he won't. Just saying I can't think of anybody with the talent and reputation that's immediately available.

Pep Guardiola

LOL you're suggesting to replace a man who has an issue with being incredibly stubborn in his ways with Guardiola, a man who is also incredibly stubborn with his tactics.
Best idea ever.

LOL you're suggesting to replace a man who has an issue with being incredibly stubborn in his ways with Guardiola, a man who is also incredibly stubborn with his tactics.
Best idea ever.

Difference being that one of them actually wins trophies consistently

Difference being that one of them actually wins trophies consistently

Yes, Pep does. At clubs with a full line-up of already world-class players.
His success with Barcelona was thanks to Messi, Xavi and Iniesta being in their prime. And his job at Bayern is honestly the easiest job in the world. All he did was take over a Bayern side fresh from winning the Treble the previous year. And he honestly made them play worse (in the Champions League at least).
So your "oh he wins trophies consistently" argument really means nothing if you look at the clubs and the players he inherited.

Yes, Pep does. At clubs with a full line-up of already world-class players.
His success with Barcelona was thanks to Messi, Xavi and Iniesta being in their prime. And his job at Bayern is honestly the easiest job in the world. All he did was take over a Bayern side fresh from winning the Treble the previous year. And he honestly made them play worse (in the Champions League at least).
So your "oh he wins trophies consistently" argument really means nothing if you look at the clubs and the players he inherited.

It really isn't as simple as 'Oh he had great players, that's why he won'. Countless managers in history have inherited great teams yet failed to achieve anywhere near the level of success that he did. Read Ballage's book on him and you will get a better idea of just what he achieved at Barcelona. I do agree with you to a certain extend in regards to Bayern but fact is that his record speaks for itself. I wouldn't dismiss him as easily as you are doing

It really isn't as simple as 'Oh he had great players, that's why he won'. Countless managers in history have inherited great teams yet failed to achieve anywhere near the level of success that he did. Read Ballage's book on him and you will get a better idea of just what he achieved at Barcelona. I do agree with you to a certain extend in regards to Bayern but fact is that his record speaks for itself. I wouldn't dismiss him as easily as you are doing

I still just don't think he would have the same success at Arsenal.
If we're going to bring in a replacement manager, I want the replacement to be someone who's tactically flexible. Guardiola has no "Plan-B" tactic.

I still just don't think he would have the same success at Arsenal.
If we're going to bring in a replacement manager, I want the replacement to be someone who's tactically flexible. Guardiola has no "Plan-B" tactic.

Klopp isn't looking like he is going to have a great season at Dortmund, he may decide to leave. Diego Simeone is a fantastic option as well

The Express reckon Ancelotti is our top target if Wenger does take the contract.

Last edited:
Back