The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I still just don't think he would have the same success at Arsenal.
If we're going to bring in a replacement manager, I want the replacement to be someone who's tactically flexible. Guardiola has no "Plan-B" tactic.

Not entirely true. Pep has about a million tactics, his problem is that he's a bit too dogmatic at times and refuses to change his style of player. It's one of the reasons Jose > Pep.

The Express reckon Ancelotti is our top target if Wenger does take the contract.

Aiming a tad high, there.

It really isn't as simple as 'Oh he had great players, that's why he won'.

Isn't it? Rijkaard won a bunch of trophies with that Barca squad, and his managerial ability was so respected that his next gig was in Saudi Arabia and he's now working in some shithole in Florida.

Isn't it? Rijkaard won a bunch of trophies with that Barca squad, and his managerial ability was so respected that his next gig was in Saudi Arabia and he's now working in some shithole in Florida.

In a sense, he didn't win trophies purely because he had great players. Pep is an excellent tactician himself and be brought many of those players to another level (Messi, Busquets etc.) and got maximum out of others like Puyol and Xavi. Many managers have inherited great teams and still not been successfull

Many managers have inherited great teams and still not been successfull

Its one thing to inherit great team, its another thing to inherit a team with best midfield of our generation and best player in entire history of football. Rijkaard is a tool and he locked Champions League and 2x La Liga. They also had assistant of Pep's assistant manage them for most of 2012/2013 and they still locked the La Liga title. How much evidence do you need that a donkey could manage that squad and probably still do reasonably well.

In a sense, he didn't win trophies purely because he had great players. Pep is an excellent tactician himself and be brought many of those players to another level (Messi, Busquets etc.) and got maximum out of others like Puyol and Xavi. Many managers have inherited great teams and still not been successfull

*****, I could've slapped a team sheet together and thrown them out on the pitch and they'd have won.

Now just remember though, I'm not saying that Guardiola's a bad manager, I'm simply saying that the success of that Barcelona was mostly due to arguably the best midfield partnership ever, as well as one of the best players of all time. (Yes, I'm talking about Bojan, guys)
I just feel like Pep is constantly overrated.

Wow that goal looked eerily familiar to the goal Abel Hernandez scored against us. -__-

Welbeck is in scoring form on FM15. I'm still in pre-season but he has gotten at least a goal a game. Giroud's been poor though. He got a hat-trick against Vitesse but after that has been ineffective. My best game so far has been beating Feyenoord 5-1 with ten men.

Starting XI: Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Sanchez, Welbeck
Subs: Rosicky, Podolski, Walcott, Ramsey, Martinez, Campbell, Bellerin

We've been dominating the possession and had 78% in the first ten minutes, but we don't seem to be going anywhere with that possession.

Back