The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I was speaking to lads at footy today. And they all were saying Arsene could do no more the previous window and no good CBs or DMs were out there. And he will lead them to a title soon LOLZ!

its worrying fans would say that, i'll be honest even though Arsenal usually pull fourth out the bag I really don't see it this year they may get lucky seeing as other teams have stuttered but it's hard to see Liverpool staying this pants especially if they get sturridge fit and firing, and United are looking ominous not at their best yet but are getting the job done, also spurs and everton will most likely turn things round and you also have 2 wild cards by the looks of it in Toon and Saints may not come top 4 but will have a say in the run in. City and Chelsea will probably get 1st and second but third and fourth are up for grabs could be a step to far for arsenal looking really vulnerable.

its worrying fans would say that, i'll be honest even though Arsenal usually pull fourth out the bag I really don't see it this year they may get lucky seeing as other teams have stuttered but it's hard to see Liverpool staying this pants especially if they get sturridge fit and firing, and United are looking ominous not at their best yet but are getting the job done, also spurs and everton will most likely turn things round and you also have 2 wild cards by the looks of it in Toon and Saints may not come top 4 but will have a say in the run in. City and Chelsea will probably get 1st and second but third and fourth are up for grabs could be a step to far for arsenal looking really vulnerable.
Yes truly worrying. I think they will struggle also, don't know what that would mean to the club if they do? But I know there wages are high and ticket prices the same. Not sure how some of there players would feel also?

Yes truly worrying. I think they will struggle also, don't know what that would mean to the club if they do? But I know there wages are high and ticket prices the same. Not sure how some of there players would feel also?

TBF I think like United most would stay they all have good deals so I would think it would be dwon tot he club if they stayed or not but you never know. I seriously think the fans would be ****** I know a few gooners and they are in the wenger out brigade, they are greatful to all he has achieved but they just think its time for a change. I do have another friend though who wants wenger to stay on

just out of interest gooners who frequent this thread where do you all sit on the wenger out? \I know 6 arsenal fans and its 5-1 in favour of him going. It does feel as if the noises are getting bigger is that true or is it just media/social media bollocks? (just curious)

TBF I think like United most would stay they all have good deals so I would think it would be dwon tot he club if they stayed or not but you never know. I seriously think the fans would be ****** I know a few gooners and they are in the wenger out brigade, they are greatful to all he has achieved but they just think its time for a change. I do have another friend though who wants wenger to stay on

just out of interest gooners who frequent this thread where do you all sit on the wenger out? \I know 6 arsenal fans and its 5-1 in favour of him going. It does feel as if the noises are getting bigger is that true or is it just media/social media bollocks? (just curious)
Yeah would be fine for 1 season out I guess like Utd even though I think we are financially better. Yeah would like to know the same I know 9 Gooner fans and its 7 want him gone and 2 say after all he has done not a chance.

Once half our team comes back from injury in the next 3-4 weeks, we will eventually pick up form. Looking at the quality of the team, it's our best in 6 years. I'm not at all worried about champions league spots. I'm disappointed to be 13 points behind Chelsea. Considering our 11 player injury list (more than United), Liverpool are abysmal. United also have the benefit on no UCL football. They aren't doing great in comparison. Everton were no where near 4th last season and overhyped when they won 3-0. We had a cushion of 7 points at the end. Spurs shouldn't even be in the equation. Too much money wasted on underperforming players.

Once half our team comes back from injury in the next 3-4 weeks, we will eventually pick up form. Looking at the quality of the team, it's our best in 6 years. I'm not at all worried about champions league spots. I'm disappointed to be 13 points behind Chelsea. Considering our 11 player injury list (more than United), Liverpool are abysmal. United also have the benefit on no UCL football. They aren't doing great in comparison. Everton were no where near 4th last season and overhyped when they won 3-0. We had a cushion of 7 points at the end. Spurs shouldn't even be in the equation. Too much money wasted on underperforming players.
Wont make a bit of difference if your CM and Defence leaks like a sive! And Utd have had way bigger injury problems during the season than Arsenal so far and we are doing good considering. I think you will be lucky this year that's for sure!

Arsenal have had more injuries for longer periods of time. Look it up. We have more ATM. We look like a completely different team without Arteta. Remember that we finished last season joint with Chelsea on league clean sheets (16). We have had worse injury problems easily and we are playing in the champions league. Walcott has only played 20 min since January, Diaby out for over a year, Debuchy 4 months, Giroud 3 months, Wilshere 3-4 months, Arteta 1.5 months, Ramsey 1 month, Koscielny one month, Gibbs has missed over a month, Monreal has missed a few games, Ospina is out for 3 months, Ozil is out for 4 months, Sanogo has missed large chunks of the season and Diaby is nowhere to be seen and Szczesny has disappeared of the face of the earth.

That's more than enough to disrupt any teams for and it aint even Christmas! Remember that United aren't in the Champions League.

[TABLE="class: injuries full stacktable large-only seperate"]
[TR="class: first"]
[TD="class: team"][/TD]
[TD]Jack Wilshere[/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Ankle/Foot Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Ankle Ligament Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]28/02/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: condition"]None[/TD]
[TD="class: capital status"]n/a[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mesut Ozil [/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Knee Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Lateral Knee Ligament Sprain - LCL Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]01/01/2015[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mikel Arteta[/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Calf/Shin/Heel Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Calf Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]21/12/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: capital status"]50%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Theo Walcott [/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Groin Strain[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]13/12/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: capital status"]75%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]David Ospina[/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Thigh Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Quadriceps Strain[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]13/12/2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mathieu Debuchy[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Ankle Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]09/12/2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alexis Sanchez [/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Other[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Fatigue [/TD]
[TD="class: return"]06/12/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: condition"]Late Fitness Test[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tomas Rosicky[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Thigh Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]No Return Date[/TD]
[TD="class: capital status"]Ruled Out[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Nacho Monreal [/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Ankle Ligament Injury[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Calum Chambers [/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Suspended[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Sending Off - Two Yellow Cards[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Abou Diaby [/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Calf Strain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Yaya Sanogo [/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Calf Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: capital status"]Ruled Out
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: injuries full stacktable large-only seperate"]
[TR="class: first"]
[TD]Daley Blind[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Medial Knee Ligament Injury - MCL Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]01/01/2015[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Phil Jones [/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Shin Splints[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]20/12/2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jesse Lingard [/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Knee Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]20/12/2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Luke Shaw [/TD]
[TD="class: return"]14/12/2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Angel Di Maria[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Hamstring Strain[/TD]
[TD="class: return"]14/12/2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marouane Fellaini [/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Upper Back/Neck Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Neck Injury [/TD]
[TD="class: return"]08/12/2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rafael [/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Groin Strain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jonny Evans [/TD]
[TD="class: capital status"]100%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wayne Rooney [/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Knee Injury[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tom Thorpe[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Broken Ankle[/TD]
[TD="class: condition"]Currently Being Assessed[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Anderson [/TD]
[TD="class: reason"]Other[/TD]
[TD="class: further"]Lacking Match Fitness[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

At the end of the day we can talk injuries till pigs fly home. But it all comes down to Wenger lack of movement in the transfer window in key areas season after season. Fergie was the same when coming to buy CMs for some reason, like Arsene with DMs/CBs.

The thing is, our injury problems are long term and our squad should be big enough to cope with them or we should change something (we already hired a physio, german I believe, and it's not helping so far, maybe it's down to training methods or overplaying players?).
Oh, and I can't wait for Ozil to come back to be played on the wing, with Welbz and Ox benched.

At the end of the day we can talk injuries till pigs fly home. But it all comes down to Wenger lack of movement in the transfer window in key areas season after season. Fergie was the same when coming to buy CMs for some reason, like Arsene with DMs/CBs.
Btw Szczesny has been injured since we played you and Koscielny was slightly injured and couldn't start at Soke for this reason. Fergie wasn't apprehensive when it came to buying cm's. Looking at the cm's that he'd had down the years, I don't see why Fergie wouldn't have bought one. It's very hard finding the new Viera or Petit. 2 seasons ago, we had about 5-6 centre backs and a few were offloaded. Last season, we had nearly no injuries. Arteta has played the holding midfield role well since Song imo. The problem is that his legs have gone. Arsene Wenger had even admitted in the summer window that we need a new DM and said that we will replace Vermaelen. He got the chequebook out in the summer and splashed out over 80 million quid on players. This is why it's near impossible that he was reluctant to spend. I heard reports from more reliable sources such as the Guardian, The Telegraph and David Ornstein of failed persuits for various reasons. I very much recommend David Ornstein's Twitter page. He's a BBC Sport journalist and everything he says is spot on - very reliable. We had a failed 24 million bid for William Carvalho and a failed 20 million bid for Lars Bender which I think was confirmed by their manager. Nastasic and Manolas also snubbed us asthey wouldn't have gotten first team football. One other factor to me comig to this conclusion is the poor quality of cb's available. Lovren was 20 million and has proved to be poor so far. The best Barca could do was Vermaelen and Mathieu. United could only sign Rojo for 14 mill (best deal imo). The only top quality defender to move was Benatia to Bayern. I seriously doubt that after saying that we will replace Vermaelen and that we need a DM, he would totally ingnore it despite proven attempts to sign them. I think Fergie was also in a similar boat. The debt slightly crippled him also. Until United signed Di Maria, Arsenal had a higher record teansfer fee. United only bought a 30 million player every 2-3 summer windows. David Ornstein pretty much confirmed that we pushed for defensive cover. Check his Twitter page, you would be suprised with how spot on he is.

Sorry I don't think Arteta has ever been a very good holding CM hence why you aways tend to leak a lot of goals on the break. If you had bids rejected for players bid more or move onto different targets, don't tell me Arsenals scouts could only find 2 DMs after all there scouts reports were filed for however long they were searching for, could of easily paid Carvalho release clause why not get Song back or go for Blind or Fernando Reges,Khedira. You cant tell me any excuse for not signing a CB non what so ever they would of got football with all the injuries and competitions your in, its called rotation. Why not buy another good young CB like Chambers or promote from within? I have a few Gunners mates and there all fed up of scratching there heads every season paying top dollar for tickets and seeing clueless work in the transfer market failing to sign key back up in key positions. Money should be no option according to a lot of journos now the stadium is paid for. TBH you did not even need Sanchez yes I know you cant really turn a player like that down, but if your saying funds were tight money should of been spent elsewhere. You already had lots of attacking options. It must come down to 3 things poor Wenger poor Scouting poor Academy/Youth recrutement.

India @IndieAfc Follow All that started with soneone apparently saying if you support Wenger you need a punch. **** me its **** times for us

India @IndieAfc Follow In the car and getting out of here. That will be the last away game I attend. Fans punching each other over different views so so sad

India @IndieAfc Follow I swear I'm never going to Arsenal away again. Watching our fans attack each other is scaring me. Just want to get home now

Mr Saváge @thesavagegooner Follow Fist fights between arsenal fans after the game, absolute joke. Absolutely disgusting to see our own fans punching each othe

7uFY7AFF_normal.jpeg
Mr Saváge @thesavagegooner Follow @18DialSquare86 yea, honest man. Group of people fighting over Wenger. This has gone too far

Was a big dust up after the game between Arsenal fans who want Wenger gone and Wenger to stay, is more tweets like this just cant be arsed to post them all.

Back