The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Klopp,Carlo,Simeone why do they have to have proven top club record. Wenger is clearly lost just sat in dugout the hole game yesterday, making same mistakes in window and tactically season after season. Sorry to say there are no good managers out there is not true, don't have to be a big name.

None of them are realistic though, they are not going to drop their club to come running to Arsenal.

Pelligrini hasn't been great with City, Koeman has done poorly a former clubs and Pochettino has bee managing since 2009 with a sacking.
WTF Pell won the league with City and the other 2 have proven you can come in without having to have a big name/cv.

None of them are realistic though, they are not going to drop their club to come running to Arsenal.
Why they have all said they want to manage in the Prem and Carlo has said he wants to return. To say there are no managers out there is rubbish!!

Why they have all said they want to manage in the Prem and Carlo has said he wants to return. To say there are no managers out there is rubbish!!

Ancelotti won't drop Real Madrid for Arsenal... especially considering how they're doing atm.

Klopp won't leave Dortmund on a sour note like at the moment, he will want to turn it around somewhat even to consider leaving, even though he has recently said he's still happy there and has turned down more tempting offers than Arsenal to stay at Dortmund.

Simeone is still doing a project at Atletico.

None of them are viable right now, doesn't matter how you look at it, sacking Wenger is only going to solve something if there is a definite solution and right now there isn't.

Ancelotti won't drop Real Madrid for Arsenal... especially considering how they're doing atm.

Klopp won't leave Dortmund on a sour note like at the moment, he will want to turn it around somewhat even to consider leaving, even though he has recently said he's still happy there and has turned down more tempting offers than Arsenal to stay at Dortmund.

Simeone is still doing a project at Atletico.

None of them are viable right now, doesn't matter how you look at it, sacking Wenger is only going to solve something if there is a definite solution and right now there isn't.
Was said on Sunday Supplement last week or week before Klopp is not 100% happy atm with how the club is dealing with its transfer situation loosing there stars every year, so could easily leave at the end of the season.

If Carlo wins a couple of trophies this season, I can easily see him return to the Prem as he has stated many times he wants to.

Simeone is doing a project, but I don't think you can say he wont leave as they will never really challenge the top 2 again. And if the financial package is right. Has also said would like the chance to work in the Prem.

On top of that someone else mentioned some very good mangers over achieving in Europe in there respected leagues atm. Hey if they wanna stick with Wenger and be happy with a trophy every 9 or so years, and see him make the same mistakes year after year that's great. I will sit back and just LOLZ away :)

can i ask why is only man u fans posting in this thred like wtf has it go to do with us just leave it to there fans

can i ask why is only man u fans posting in this thred like wtf has it go to do with us just leave it to there fans

People are free to post wherever they wish as long as they follow the rules.

Arsense Wenger earns twice as much as Enrique (Barca manager) and a third more than Ancelotti. The wages alone would tempt. What's not attractive about the job? 1 or 2 players away from challenging at all fronts with a young, top quality squad and plenty of £ to spend. When Ancelotti's contract ends, he'd take the job in a heartbeat. Same with Guardiola.

Arsense Wenger earns twice as much as Enrique (Barca manager) and a third more than Ancelotti. The wages alone would tempt. What's not attractive about the job? 1 or 2 players away from challenging at all fronts with a young, top quality squad and plenty of £ to spend. When Ancelotti's contract ends, he'd take the job in a heartbeat. Same with Guardiola.
I was making that point :) it was zzezzy that said he would not be interested!

But the situation was now, not when one managers contract might end and what they might do.

Theatreof Dreams, I think you've been very harsh on Wenger in terms of the trophy every "9 or so years" thing. Before last year, Wenger had spend -40 million net on transfers, keeping the team in the Champions League from 2006 to 2013. How's that failure? The stadium debt was particularly crippling. Keeping the team in the champions league, paying off a 500 million debt in 8 years is godsend. Commercially were way behind United due to deals being taken longer than usual. For example our kit, shirt sponser and stadium deal were taken for longer than usual so the 500 million quid debt could be paid with a specific time frame. This prevented the risk of financial problems should money in footbalk lower (instead it flooded in). This is why Arsenal's revenue has increased by a good 70-80 million in the past year or 2. With the new Puma kit deals etc, revenue should significantly rise above 302 million next year and we shall soon be of level financial footing as United in a few years, turning us into a financial powerhouse. Stan Kronke gets plenty of stick for no reason. He owns 5 other sports teams in the US, owns 3 stadiums/arena's and regularly visits home games at Arsenal. He hasn't taken a penny out of the club or stuck any debt after spending 730 million quid out on his own pocket for about 80% of shares. He has pretty much safeguarded the clubs future.

I just cant see how any fan can support Arsenal or be happy with just getting in the top 4 every year, maybe years of not winning much fans have come to not expect anything else. As for your transfer money why buy Ozil or Sanchez when you needed a DM/CB for years, don't tell me the money was not there. And I was not being harsh I was saying what a shed load of my Arsenal friends have been telling me for seasons now.

I just cant see how any fan can support Arsenal or be happy with just getting in the top 4 every year, maybe years of not winning much fans have come to not expect anything else. As for your transfer money why buy Ozil or Sanchez when you needed a DM/CB for years, don't tell me the money was not there. And I was not being harsh I was saying what a shed load of my Arsenal friends have been telling me for seasons now.
We have needed a cb since this summer, not seasons. I can admit that we needed a holding midfielder last season due to Arteta ageing and the fact that his legs are fone. Last year, we won a trophy and advanced compared to other years. I would say that this is the first year where we are realistically underachieving. Before 2013, the money was not there, however that changed since we bought Ozil. I would be very frustrated if we finished 4th, however teams aren't built in a season. This summer, 4 first team players left as well as needing replacing. We signed five in the summer as well and bringing back Joel Campbell. It's very hard to get more than 6 in during the summer window, particularly if you look at the quality we have signed. One area in which we are underachieving, is our league form. I can see why Arsenal fans are frustrated with 4th every year, however if you consider how financially crippled Arsenal have been in the past, it's a miracle that we have been in the champions league for so long! I expect to see a proper challenge for the title and the Champions league next year. There shouls be no excuse for no defensive cover in the next 2 windows and I know that we will complete our squad by the summer.

We have needed a cb since this summer, not seasons. I can admit that we needed a holding midfielder last season due to Arteta ageing and the fact that his legs are fone. Last year, we won a trophy and advanced compared to other years. I would say that this is the first year where we are realistically underachieving. Before 2013, the money was not there, however that changed since we bought Ozil. I would be very frustrated if we finished 4th, however teams aren't built in a season. This summer, 4 first team players left as well as needing replacing. We signed five in the summer as well and bringing back Joel Campbell. It's very hard to get more than 6 in during the summer window, particularly if you look at the quality we have signed. One area in which we are underachieving, is our league form. I can see why Arsenal fans are frustrated with 4th every year, however if you consider how financially crippled Arsenal have been in the past, it's a miracle that we have been in the champions league for so long! I expect to see a proper challenge for the title and the Champions league next year. There shouls be no excuse for no defensive cover in the next 2 windows and I know that we will complete our squad by the summer.
Ok mate. I guess we will see, I cant see a title challenge coming buts that's just me as Chelsea and City will improve and we will invest heavily again in Jan most probs and defo the summer. If Wenger knew you would be struggling due to lack of DM then he should of adapted his style of play to stop making you so easy to attack against. I can only see this year going the same as the rest come Jan you will have another blip like most seasons drop off further from the top and go out in the next round of the CL.

Ok mate. I guess we will see, I cant see a title challenge coming buts that's just me as Chelsea and City will improve and we will invest heavily again in Jan most probs and defo the summer. If Wenger knew you would be struggling due to lack of DM then he should of adapted his style of play to stop making you so easy to attack against. I can only see this year going the same as the rest come Jan you will have another blip like most seasons drop off further from the top and go out in the next round of the CL.
The blip has already started! A fancy us for the quarters of the UCL at least anyway. We have adapted due to the lack of a true dm. Arteta doesn't get enough credit. Our defence is a mess without him. A bit like Carrick at United. We have played a 4-1-4-1 to pack the midfield and protect the defence a bit better.

I think Arteta works beacause of Kos. He's very aggresive in tackling and pressing, very proactive, which hides the lack of DM. He's the one who deserves credit. Arteta is not a true DM. He's a good player and I respect him, because he plays out of position and is very thin and old yet he's our best DM, but he shouldn't be anywhere near first 11. Just compare him to Matic.

Back