The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Good lord. Palace have been through some dark times but we've never started punching each other over managers. Very sad.

Don't think you meant to post that three times so I deleted the others. :)
Whatever your opinion on what's happened this season and Arsene Wenger at the moment, we can all safely agree that ArsenalFanTv is a joke.

The personal abuse I've been seeing and getting from people having different opinions is rediculous. Why can't people have rational conversations about these things. I don't take that Claude guy seriously.

3 things guaranteed on earth. Death, sacked Premier League managers and idiots on Twitter.

The personal abuse I've been seeing and getting from people having different opinions is rediculous. Why can't people have rational conversations about these things. I don't take that Claude guy seriously.
I agree 100% mate it is sad really. I just think passion takes over rational a lot of the time. Was same with us and Moyes.

IMO, Moyes needed more time. I understand why he was sacked though. I have no problem when people have other opinions. I can see both sides of the coin in this situation.

IMO, Moyes needed more time. I understand why he was sacked though. I have no problem when people have other opinions. I can see both sides of the coin in this situation.
Just your opinion mate. Who would you like to replace Wenger when he eventually leaves?

The same with Wayne Rooney really. He got 17 league goals and 10 league assists last season in 27 games, yet he still gets hate because he plays for United and he's English. That's a world class return, particularly if you consider United finishing 7th. Same with Phil Jones. He's United's best defender imo. Rarely makes a mistake and a solid tackler. Because he's young, English, plays for United and other players such as Young and Smalling have been poor, he gets dragged down with them.

Just your opinion mate. Who would you like to replace Wenger when he eventually leaves?
Ancelotti if he's available, maybe Guardiola and I'm really not sure about others. Arsene Wenger would be near impossible to replace. Jurgen Klopp has done well at Dortmund but I'm still not sure about him. Same with Simeone. It would be interesting to see if Klopp gets Dortmund out of this mess and if Simeone keeps Atletico competitive. Arsene Wenger would take Dortmund from the foot of the table to top 4. I'm sure of it. One thing that Wenger can't be faulted for is resilience.

Ancelotti if he's available, maybe Guardiola and I'm really not sure about others. Arsene Wenger would be near impossible to replace. Jurgen Klopp has done well at Dortmund but I'm still not sure about him. Same with Simeone. It would be interesting to see if Klopp gets Dortmund out of this mess and if Simeone keeps Atletico competitive. Arsene Wenger would take Dortmund from the foot of the table to top 4. I'm sure of it. One thing that Wenger can't be faulted for is resilience.
Ancelotti would be good shout likes to play good footy and has said would like to return to the prem. Not sure about Simeone not really an Arsenal type manager and is very controlling within the club, not sure Arsenals top dogs would like that or fans like his style of play. I rate Klopp but has a hand behind his back all the time. Guardiola only has his sights set on managing Utd as stated in his book, can see him replacing LVG at the end of his 3 yr contact.

I actually think Simeone is made to manage in the prem if you look how he has atletico playing I dont think they would look that out of place in the prem.

I agree with that. A very English style. This caught out teams in La Liga imo. I think Arsenal would be better suited in La Liga imo. I buy pretty much every managers autobiography or biography. I read a biography about Arsene Wenger's managerial career and this team is completely different to his Monaco and older Arsenal ones. At Monaco, he had a physically imposing team and played with 2 holding midfielders. The 2004-06 team was the same. Arsenal set a champions league record en-route to the final with 10 games without conceding. Now the emphasis is in attack and the average size of the players is 5 foot 9.

I think that the style is fine. As Arsene Wenger said, “On the whole I am very satisfied. We might be able to do a little more, people say that we lack a physical presence in midfield, one profile at a Vieira or Petit, it’s true that this is what we need". A holding midfielder is needed. Then next, we need to sort out the injuries. 11 injuries at once is abnormal. Last season we had 13 out at one stage. People don't give us credit for our squad depth, however the team we played at Stoke was great considering the injuries.

Maybe what is needed tbh. NEW manager NEW style of play!

But realistically, who the **** is there? Jurgen Klopp gets touted around everytime but would he walk away from Dortmund on a sour note considering all the good he's done before it, can't see it, plus he's turned down more tempting offers than Arsenal in their current situation.

Apart from that, can't think of anyone really.

But realistically, who the **** is there? Jurgen Klopp gets touted around everytime but would he walk away from Dortmund on a sour note considering all the good he's done before it, can't see it, plus he's turned down more tempting offers than Arsenal in their current situation.

Apart from that, can't think of anyone really.
There is always someone and this is the boards job. Arsene wont live forever.

There is always someone and this is the boards job. Arsene wont live forever.

Yeh but who is this 'someone' and would it even be beneficial to chop Wenger now and replace him with someone not certain to do any better or with even a proven record at a top club - I can't think of literally anyone. Only one who slightly seems doable is Roberto Martinez but he's only had 1 season at Everton and I don't think he's a guy who's going to tighten their defence anymore, or even focus on it for that matter.

Yeh but who is this 'someone' and would it even be beneficial to chop Wenger now and replace him with someone not certain to do any better or with even a proven record at a top club - I can't think of literally anyone. Only one who slightly seems doable is Roberto Martinez but he's only had 1 season at Everton and I don't think he's a guy who's going to tighten their defence anymore, or even focus on it for that matter.
Klopp,Carlo,Simeone why do they have to have proven top club record. Wenger is clearly lost just sat in dugout the hole game yesterday, making same mistakes in window and tactically season after season. Sorry to say there are no good managers out there is not true, don't have to be a big name.

I'd have no problem to sacrifice one season to experiment. Of course, Ancelotti would be a dream, and Klopp or Simeone are also great, but I'm not sure they are realistic.
Talking about proven - Carlo was sacked from Juve before he went to Milan, Klopp was at Mainz and his job was not stellar and Simeone was nobody.
Few names - Frank De Boer, Remi Garde, Paco Jimenez (he's doing amazing job with Rayo Vallecano), Thomas Tuchel (again great job with Mainz, currently out of job, there were some problems because he wanted out but club won't let him), Christophe Galtier.
First two are relatively proven, other three are massively overarchieving with their clubs for several seasons, no one hit wonders. Especially Paco, Vallecano's squad is terrible, every summer a lot of players leave and he must practically build a new team, yet they are doing well.
Sure, my dream is Ancelotti, but I'd be happy to give a chance to some not well known.

I'd have no problem to sacrifice one season to experiment. Of course, Ancelotti would be a dream, and Klopp or Simeone are also great, but I'm not sure they are realistic.
Talking about proven - Carlo was sacked from Juve before he went to Milan, Klopp was at Mainz and his job was not stellar and Simeone was nobody.
Few names - Frank De Boer, Remi Garde, Paco Jimenez (he's doing amazing job with Rayo Vallecano), Thomas Tuchel (again great job with Mainz, currently out of job, there were some problems because he wanted out but club won't let him), Christophe Galtier.
First two are relatively proven, other three are massively overarchieving with their clubs for several seasons, no one hit wonders. Especially Paco, Vallecano's squad is terrible, every summer a lot of players leave and he must practically build a new team, yet they are doing well.
Sure, my dream is Ancelotti, but I'd be happy to give a chance to some not well known.
Exactly I don't get this proven stuff. Im sure Pellagrini,Pochettino,Keoman have not had stellar records at top clubs. All those you mentioned are all good managers also in there own rights!

Exactly I don't get this proven stuff. Im sure Pellagrini,Pochettino,Keoman have not had stellar records at top clubs. All those you mentioned are all good managers also in there own rights!
Pelligrini hasn't been great with City, Koeman has done poorly a former clubs and Pochettino has bee managing since 2009 with a sacking.

Back