The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
15 years old forward from Czech club Viktoria Plzen. We've been linked with him over a year, but there were issues about his age and I think he's gonna join us when he' 16.
BTW Plzen are known for developing talents for the past few years, although none of their players made it after transfer, but we're talking about older players.

Ah, I see.
I'm honestly just surprised we haven't brought in any random French youth yet.

Thank you Arsene. Unexpected, really.

Loved the way Santi Cazorla played today.

I don't see a place in the squad for Ozil currently, Cazorla's been immense for the last 2 months. Today he showed he's also defensively capable. Next guy who should get more praise is Coquelin, little harsh in the tackle, but considering this guy played in championship month ago, WOW. He keeps it simple, he's there simply to break up play, and he does it well. Maybe he's not lost cause after all, at least as a backup.

I don't see a place in the squad for Ozil currently, Cazorla's been immense for the last 2 months.

I think people forget how immense he was in La Liga. He single-handedly won Villareal so many games and dragged them into a CL spot.

I think people forget how immense he was in La Liga. He single-handedly won Villareal so many games and dragged them into a CL spot.
Agree, he was the best outside Barca/Real La Liga had to offer. Shame what went down in Villareal, they had so many talented players, they could've been what Atletico is now.

You have to wonder why this style of play and type of performance took so long to produce - Fantastic display from Arsenal with Giroud and Cazorla brilliant

I don't see a place in the squad for Ozil currently, Cazorla's been immense for the last 2 months. Today he showed he's also defensively capable. Next guy who should get more praise is Coquelin, little harsh in the tackle, but considering this guy played in championship month ago, WOW. He keeps it simple, he's there simply to break up play, and he does it well. Maybe he's not lost cause after all, at least as a backup.

Plenty of games coming up and we need all the players to climb the table, FA cup and maybe have a better run in CL for a change. Good chance to give players like Özil and Walcott a game next weekend against Brighton.

Coquelin has been great and seems to get better every game. He also commands other players which is refreshing.

Another one who has looked good is Bellerin. Tough decisions for Wenger in summer when Jenko's also coming back.

And people seem to forget how good he was in his first season with us. Last season was bit one to forget, but nice to see him back to his best.

I am glad Wenger is finally showing some faith in Coquelin. I still think we need some better quality in that position as well, but Coquelin is a step up in terms of back up in case of injury on Flamini. In fact, Coquelin should keep the first team place until someone better comes in.

I am glad Wenger is finally showing some faith in Coquelin. I still think we need some better quality in that position as well, but Coquelin is a step up in terms of back up in case of injury on Flamini. In fact, Coquelin should keep the first team place until someone better comes in.
Best case scenario for me - in the summer, sell Mikel and Flamini, retain Coquelin, bring first choice DM about 28 years old, when he'll be too old it's time for Bielik to step up, I'm quite sure he'd be ready by then.

Best case scenario for me - in the summer, sell Mikel and Flamini, retain Coquelin, bring first choice DM about 28 years old, when he'll be too old it's time for Bielik to step up, I'm quite sure he'd be ready by then.

Need to sort out Coq's contract, has 5 months left now. I think Wenger will keep Arteta around as rumours are going that 1-year extension was agreed before his injury. Flamini's contract also up, but Coquelin is perfect internal replacement so no problem letting him go.

Thanks for clearing the contract situations, wasn't really sure about that, I only knew about Coquelin. Keeping Arteta is okay, as long as he's gonna play just a minor role, similar to Rosicky this year. Speaking of him, his contract is alsu up I believe. Not sure what to do with him, he's our longest serving 1st team player if I'm not mistaken, and last few matches showed he's still a good player and his workrate is great, but he's not getting any younger and the likes of Zelalem, Crowley and Maitland-Niles are approaching age when they need to play some 1st team matches, and I won't be overstating if I say that our loans last couple of years have mostly worked out badly.

Back