The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Thanks for clearing the contract situations, wasn't really sure about that, I only knew about Coquelin. Keeping Arteta is okay, as long as he's gonna play just a minor role, similar to Rosicky this year. Speaking of him, his contract is alsu up I believe. Not sure what to do with him, he's our longest serving 1st team player if I'm not mistaken, and last few matches showed he's still a good player and his workrate is great, but he's not getting any younger and the likes of Zelalem, Crowley and Maitland-Niles are approaching age when they need to play some 1st team matches, and I won't be overstating if I say that our loans last couple of years have mostly worked out badly.

I think Rozza said once that he might want to return to Prague at some point. He's one of my favorite players and will be sad to see him leave, but this summer might be the time for him to leave as I think he can still play for another 2-3 years at a bit lower level.

According to various Spanish news outlets we've triggered Gabriel Paulista's RC which stands at 20 million euros and now only have to sort the work permit.

IF this deal is actually happening and goes through will be interesting to see if it's all for our transfer window.

According to various Spanish news outlets we've triggered Gabriel Paulista's RC which stands at 20 million euros and now only have to sort the work permit.

IF this deal is actually happening and goes through will be interesting to see if it's all for our transfer window.

Another Koscielny-like defender according to some. The work permit issue will be much more interesting though given that he's never ever played for Brazil at any level.

Another Koscielny-like defender according to some. The work permit issue will be much more interesting though given that he's never ever played for Brazil at any level.

Heard that Chelsea had same problem with Willian as he hadn't also played in enough international games to automatically qualify for visa, but succesfully argued that because of high standard of Brazilian side he would've played the needed amount of international games had he been of another nationality.

Gabriel Paulista at Villarreal this season.

[video=youtube;1lL6fF4dQ2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lL6fF4dQ2g[/video]

Has been good this season but im sure I read he wont be sold this window and wont be cheap in the summer. As we are interested as well.

Now I know most Arsenal fans don't like Stoke but personally I think Begovic and Shawcross would be perfect for you. Shawcross would add steel at the back, plus he's a leader and you've been missing both of those attributes since the invincible days.

Now I know most Arsenal fans don't like Stoke but personally I think Begovic and Shawcross would be perfect for you. Shawcross would add steel at the back, plus he's a leader and you've been missing both of those attributes since the invincible days.

**** no especially for Shawcross

We already have better in those positions.

So that's Gabriel signed with Campbell going the other way on loan. According to SSN fee around 11 mil which is a quite good price and leaves us with money to spend as Wenger has been saying our window might not end here.

Last edited:
Szczesny, Chambers, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey, Rosicky, Özil, Walcott and Giroud starting against Brighton.

Subs: Martinez, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Coquelin, Ox, Cazorla and Sanchez.

Expected to see some youngsters, but no. Wenger going in with strong team.

Szczesny, Chambers, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey, Rosicky, Özil, Walcott and Giroud starting against Brighton.

Subs: Martinez, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Coquelin, Ox, Cazorla and Sanchez.

Expected to see some youngsters, but no. Wenger going in with strong team.

I was looking at that back line and I thought Wenger has gone mad, but then I counted only 10 players so I assume the one missing is Koscielny. :D However, I too expected more youngsters, at least at bench. Hopefully Akpom will be involved.

I was looking at that back line and I thought Wenger has gone mad, but then I counted only 10 players so I assume the one missing is Koscielny. :D However, I too expected more youngsters, at least at bench. Hopefully Akpom will be involved.

Ox was supposed to be on bench, but was replaced by Akpom. Hopefully we can give him a 15-30 minutes in 2nd half.

Cant get complacent now. 2-0 is not safe as certain side showed last night.

Back