The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
If these reports are true these news will more than make up for boring TDD.

BREAKING: @MailSport say Arsenal striker @cakpom has signed a new 4.5 year deal, shunning interest from @LFC & @BVB.

According to @EurosportCom_FR, Francis Coquelin's new contract at @Arsenal is worth €50,000 (£37,700) a week. #AFC

When Welbz is back fully I'd be open to sending Chuba on loan. There were some late interest in him from Premiership and Championship clubs on TDD.

Wow Villa have scored the fewest goals in any league of English football this season. They were shocking today got everything wrong and abandoned the only thing that has worked for them in big games in the past.

What, hanging back and hoping for a lucky goal? Aye better than just having a high line and yet not pressing I guess...

Poach benteke?

He'll be expensive as ****.

Wont be cheap just signed new big deal. Also not been great since his injury and not sure he is what you need.

He's been pretty good considering he's essentially their only attacking player who is doing anything and has literally no support at times.

If these reports are true these news will more than make up for boring TDD.

BREAKING: @MailSport say Arsenal striker @cakpom has signed a new 4.5 year deal, shunning interest from @LFC & @BVB.

According to @EurosportCom_FR, Francis Coquelin's new contract at @Arsenal is worth €50,000 (£37,700) a week. #AFC

When Welbz is back fully I'd be open to sending Chuba on loan. There were some late interest in him from Premiership and Championship clubs on TDD.
Yes was a bit poor LOL. Good for Arsenal to get these 2 tied down. Akpom looks a talent, looks very much the same as a young STR we have coming through called Ashley Fletcher. And Coq just needs to play more games and stop being in and out the team, only then will he be a good player.

What, hanging back and hoping for a lucky goal? Aye better than just having a high line and yet not pressing I guess...

He'll be expensive as ****.

He's been pretty good considering he's essentially their only attacking player who is doing anything and has literally no support at times.
I think hes good mate. And don't get good support most the time, but like was said on MNF last night his movement has been poor since back from injury and not even been holding the ball up or making any decent runs. Needs to do more for me.

Benteke, on recent form would be a waste of money, when we have a fully fit squad it is going to be difficult to decide who to drop, Giroud has been fantastic since his return, and his hold up play allows the wide players and attacking midfielders to attack as a unit, Welbeck, Walcott, Sanchez, even Akpom all look like they going to be able to do a job if needed in striker role, if we decide to sign a striker for me he has to be better than current options and Benteke isn't for me. Looked disinterested and lacking a first touch in the match on Sunday. For me still need someone to replace Arteta and Flamini, Schneiderlin looking hopeful for the summer.

5-0 a quality result against any Premiership side, even more so when you consider no Sanchez, Welbeck, Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlain, Debuchy or Gibbs in the starting line up. Loving Ospina at the moment, we feel safe again, in much the same way we did when Fabianski kept goal last season. Sczeszny is the other player needing replacing, no longer can we blame youth, he may only be relatively young but played at highest levels for a few years now, De Gea the reason why United above us, Sczezny the reason we below them.

Last edited:
Arsenal very lucky so far imo. Goal was offside, Spurs should of had a peno and have been the better team with the better chances. Ospina looks loads better than Woz and Ozil looks in good touch after returning.

Sthap with the Match Engine hax guys! *Quit -> Replay game*

Arsenal very lucky so far imo. Goal was offside, Spurs should of had a peno and have been the better team with the better chances. Ospina looks loads better than Woz and Ozil looks in good touch after returning.

We should've had 2 penos and I think he was on line with Dier for the goal.

We should've had 2 penos and I think he was on line with Dier for the goal.
Na his foot was past the offside line and ahead of Diers foot. 2 wrongs don't make a right with the penos :) Think Spurs still been the better side.

That's brave. I hope you realise if Liverpool get dicked on by Everton there will be pretty solid spam of Lukaku pictures all over the Liverpool thread. And I won't delete them, because you'd deserve it. ;)

oh no what will i do

Looking likely that Santi Cazorla is on his way to Atletico Madrid in the summer.

Back