The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
How can our players play possession football when they're constantly misplacing short pass? -_-

Not sure how to put this, so I'll just put it: Ospina doesn't look like a goalkeeper oO)

And then Welbz had a few good chances too.

Didn't I read somewhere that Arsenal were going to play him in his natural position and he was going to be the next big thing?
No??

Maybe I just imagined it.

Today's main team in training - Szczesny; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Ramsey, Cazorla; Chamberlain, Ozil, Welbeck; Giroud
It probably doesn't mean anything and it was some kind of special "we need a goal" situation, because I can't imagine playing againts MU with 3 attacking mids and 2 strikers without defensive midfielder.

WHAT a great passing move for Giroud's goal! I must say, Ozil and Ramsey linked up brilliantly there.

Some strike that was from Giroud. Lot of people don't really rate him but he gets the job done.

I think the reason why people don't rate Giroud that highly is because of our history of having amazing strikers.
Ian Wright, Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Robin van Persie, Eduardo (before he got injured).
Giroud may not have the best technical ability, or an amazing goal-scoring record, but he brings a lot to the table for us.

I think the reason why people don't rate Giroud that highly is because of our history of having amazing strikers.
Ian Wright, Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Robin van Persie, Eduardo (before he got injured).
Giroud may not have the best technical ability, or an amazing goal-scoring record, but he brings a lot to the table for us.

I think he's got pretty good technical ability, and he showed that today. The only thing he really lacks for me is an x-factor, and maybe some pace. Very good at those typical Arsenal combinations though.

I think Giroud is underated and that's coming from a Utd fan. Has good strength, Heading, Technique and boy can he finish.

I think Giroud is underated and that's coming from a Utd fan. Has good strength, Heading, Technique and boy can he finish.

Yeap and he's improving all the time. As mersk put it above if he had more pace he'd be one of the best around, but still a really good forward.

Really good solid win. Starting to believe we could catch up City at this pace. Chelsea will go on to win the title and I feel City will drop a bit once it becomes impossible for them to catch Chelsea and we could overtake them.

I think it's about playing style, if you were used to see pacey, technically great strikers scoring great goals, making runs and now you're looking on someone completely different, it's not easy to proceed. The thing is he's important to the system and he's also good scorer, yes, he misses a couple of chances when he has his day off but this season in EPL he has a goal every 105 minutes. I also like how he has developed since he arrived, his touch and passing are much better, he's a better goalscorer and I think also better in the air. He lacks only big games contribution.

Now today's match. I only saw the second half but I think the performance was very good. Kos, Coquelin, Chambers, Ramsey and Giroud all played well, Monreal too. We created good chances and were good defensively, the tempo was quite high and we had a lot of movement, two things our game often lacks.

I think it's about playing style, if you were used to see pacey, technically great strikers scoring great goals, making runs and now you're looking on someone completely different, it's not easy to proceed. The thing is he's important to the system and he's also good scorer, yes, he misses a couple of chances when he has his day off but this season in EPL he has a goal every 105 minutes. I also like how he has developed since he arrived, his touch and passing are much better, he's a better goalscorer and I think also better in the air. He lacks only big games contribution.

Now today's match. I only saw the second half but I think the performance was very good. Kos, Coquelin, Chambers, Ramsey and Giroud all played well, Monreal too. We created good chances and were good defensively, the tempo was quite high and we had a lot of movement, two things our game often lacks.

His big game contribution is also on the rise. I think he has scored in almost every big game this season.

Giroud is improving slowly because he sits the freezer between the games to avoid any risk to his hair.

Biggest european win ever if we pull this one off? I'd say so, though the Inter win all those years back was pretty special. Should be a cracking game. COYG!

Back