The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I'm not saying this because it ****** us a few times, but thinking that away goal has more weight is stupid. I may as well say that I want home goals rule, and it's gonna force the home teams to attack but in the end it's just as stupid as away goals rule. This season this is the first time Monaco lost by 2 goals at home in all comps. You'd think it's impressive performance. Vice versa, it's the first time this season we lost by 2 goals at Emirates, so another person is gonna say that is an impressive performance and they're also right.

Only thing this rule does is create confusion and controversy every year. Ditch this rule, let the football and not numbers decide who is gonna go through.

General questions... Would anyone actually replace Wenger at the end of the season?

Who would you pick tho? Other then Carlo Ancelotti which wouldn't happen there is nobody i would be confident in doing a good/better job straight away.

Not at home :P

That's the point though. The actual tie was a draw. And pens are bullshit, but its even more bullshit to be out of the competition without even losing a game, like in Chelsea's case.

Its just a fossil rule from the days when logistical challenges for away teams were a lot bigger. Teams often had to travel by bus, couldn't book a decent hotel, they were given some sketchy food by the locals, **** like this.

Nowadays, when we have superteams like United that can be worth more money than small African country, can you even imagine someone giving them ****** food on purpose? The entire hotel chain would be ripped apart in courts. They travel with their own planes, they have their own cooks, they have best hotels, they probably travel with their own ******* bottled water. The disadvantage of playing away is simply not there anymore.

Good god Chambers is terrible at RB.. his positioning is horrible and he's slow as ****.. move him to either CDM or CB.. Bellerin has shown to be superior

Good god Chambers is terrible at RB.. his positioning is horrible and he's slow as ****.. move him to either CDM or CB.. Bellerin has shown to be superior
I think it shows more as he's more adventurous lately, doing some good forward driving runs. But I agree he's slow and his positioning is bad at times (as is Gibbs's), he doesn't suit our playing style very well. He could be useful in games where we need to defend deep and he's not gonna go forward as much.

Bellerín is the exact opposite, with his crossing and pace he fits great in the team. It's only 2 weeks til Debuchy comes back tho so someone is gonna sit on the bench.

I think it shows more as he's more adventurous lately, doing some good forward driving runs. But I agree he's slow and his positioning is bad at times (as is Gibbs's), he doesn't suit our playing style very well. He could be useful in games where we need to defend deep and he's not gonna go forward as much.

Bellerín is the exact opposite, with his crossing and pace he fits great in the team. It's only 2 weeks til Debuchy comes back tho so someone is gonna sit on the bench.

i personally think Chambers will forever be too slow to be a RB especially when Arsenal play a high line, leaving that flank open for counters.. that's why i like Bellerin, while his positioning may be bad at times he has the pace to make it up for it.

Gabriel on the other hand seems to be a fantastic grab. him and Kos look awesome together, even if there's not much physicality between them.

Alexis Needs a long rest and Giroud is awesome, so is Wellbeck, not to worried about his lack of goals, i think he's been playing well

i personally think Chambers will forever be too slow to be a RB especially when Arsenal play a high line, leaving that flank open for counters.. that's why i like Bellerin, while his positioning may be bad at times he has the pace to make it up for it.

Gabriel on the other hand seems to be a fantastic grab. him and Kos look awesome together, even if there's not much physicality between them.

Alexis Needs a long rest and Giroud is awesome, so is Wellbeck, not to worried about his lack of goals, i think he's been playing well
I guess we'll see where Chambers ends up. He was playing as DM in youth teams if I remember correctly, but in my opinion he's best at CB, as he showed in a few games he played there for us. As DM I feel he isn't exactly what we need.

Not sure what are we gonna do with all the RB's we have when Jenko comes from loan, I can see Bellerín going on season long load and season after that getting rid of Debuchy who's gonna be 31. I think that people want to see Jenkinson gone, but he's still young, english and he has the potential.

Agree about Gabriel, I thought he'd be a decent backup but with Merts declining (or not at his best) he might be a regular starter next season. Welbeck needs to work on his finishing, looks like it's not in the leg but in the head, he either shoots straight at goalkeeper or bombs it wide.

Almost confirmed the signing of Maxi Romero from Velez, 16 years, striker. He's gonna stay with us for another 2 years. If his development goes like it's suposed to be, you got a **** of a player. At 16 he's already training with the first team and was on the bench a couple of times. Last year he was the top goalscorer in all argentinian youths and with 15 years he played and scored in his debut in a reserve match. 6M Euros.

Almost confirmed the signing of Maxi Romero from Velez, 16 years, striker. He's gonna stay with us for another 2 years. If his development goes like it's suposed to be, you got a **** of a player. At 16 he's already training with the first team and was on the bench a couple of times. Last year he was the top goalscorer in all argentinian youths and with 15 years he played and scored in his debut in a reserve match. 6M Euros.

If the fee is any indicator then he must be a talent. 6mil for a player yet to even debut for first team. Will be following his progress.

Is there any indication that he will play for first team this season?

This semester seems complicated, maybe a local cup games, but the next semester he certainly will.

Back