The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I won't argue your case, you most likely know more about Arsenal than I do. The things I mentioned were in the media, I did not make it up.

The truth most of the times, is between the lines. If he had the money and didn't use it, he's responsible for the draught. If he didn't, then he should be credited for keeping the team competitive at the highest level.

Media for the most part aren't really trustworthy. Their job is to create news so that papers are sold and clicks generated, but as you said in most of the stories there's truth in there amidst the spin and easiest way is just go to the source and actually listen to what is said in press conference.

I personally think that Wenger could have done better in some of the transfers and also could have been more ruthless with his players like we are seeing now. There were also many occasions where injuries killed our season like was it 2007-08 with Rosicky and Eduardo getting injuries, but can't think of a manager who realistically could have done better job with the resources he had and really now we see how he does with the huge resources at his disposal.

Bellerin is making Wenger's job much easier with games like these. Kept Hazard in check well and for me should start next season as first choice.

Bellerin is making Wenger's job much easier with games like these. Kept Hazard in check well and for me should start next season as first choice.
Good player. Agree with lads in studio you need 3 top quality players in summer or your gonna be nearly men again.

Good player. Agree with lads in studio you need 3 top quality players in summer or your gonna be nearly men again.

More important is to have our best players fit from the start. That was one of biggest contributors to our slow start and we'd be much closer to Chelsea otherwise, but still getting 2-3 top class players would improve the squad and is a must as others will also invest heavily.

Rumours gathering in Spain that RM will pay out Casillas remaining contract which will in turn pave way for a free transfer to Arsenal with De Gea replacing him at RM.

Rumours gathering in Spain that RM will pay out Casillas remaining contract which will in turn pave way for a free transfer to Arsenal with De Gea replacing him at RM.
Even if that does turn out to be true, you would be better off with Ospina! Having watched every Real Game this season he is poor and far far away from the keeper he was!

Even if that does turn out to be true, you would be better off with Ospina! Having watched every Real Game this season he is poor and far far away from the keeper he was!

Yeah I think so too. Ospina is quite underrated and has been really good for us this season. Casillas has lost his confidence and move away might help, but still I doubt he will be as good as he was. Still I think he'd be better to have around than Szczesny.

Yeah I think so too. Ospina is quite underrated and has been really good for us this season. Casillas has lost his confidence and move away might help, but still I doubt he will be as good as he was. Still I think he'd be better to have around than Szczesny.
Yeah I like Ospina and think he will be even better next season. Cas would be good No2 though on a free like Valdes.

Yeah I like Ospina and think he will be even better next season. Cas would be good No2 though on a free like Valdes.

I still would prefer Cech or Lloris (just for Sol mk.2), but those would cost 10-14mil and eventhough we have lot of cash to spend it would allow us to concentrate on more crucial positions like a striker and I've been trying to think who could be a good striker for us who is available, but no idea for that. Defensive midfielder and a defender are both easy.

Arsenal have extended the contract of 20-year-old midfielder Jon Toral.
Toral has been on loan at Championship side Brentford this season, where he has made 34 appearances – 10 from the start – for Mark Warburton’s side and scored six goals.
The Arsenal contract which Toral signed in February 2012, on turning 17, was due to expire at the end of this season. Arsenal had an option to extend it for another year, and they have recently exercised that option.

Arsenal have extended the contract of 20-year-old midfielder Jon Toral.
Toral has been on loan at Championship side Brentford this season, where he has made 34 appearances – 10 from the start – for Mark Warburton’s side and scored six goals.
The Arsenal contract which Toral signed in February 2012, on turning 17, was due to expire at the end of this season. Arsenal had an option to extend it for another year, and they have recently exercised that option.
Benik Afobe case I think. He will be loaned next season with possible transfer in Jan for some cash and buy back clause, he has talent but he's been unlucky with injuries and can't really see a place for him in the squad, ****, we need to get rid of even more players.

I still would prefer Cech or Lloris (just for Sol mk.2), but those would cost 10-14mil and eventhough we have lot of cash to spend it would allow us to concentrate on more crucial positions like a striker and I've been trying to think who could be a good striker for us who is available, but no idea for that. Defensive midfielder and a defender are both easy.

Are you thinking first choice or back-up striker?

Are you thinking first choice or back-up striker?

Well that depends really. Giroud does really well against 90-95% of teams, but the 5-10% remains a problem. Where to get the goals and well a marquee striker would be ideal.

Well that depends really. Giroud does really well against 90-95% of teams, but the 5-10% remains a problem. Where to get the goals and well a marquee striker would be ideal.
I don't know really, because Giroud is in this area where he's not in worlds' best category, but he's very good and we'd need to blow a lot of money for a little improvement, not to mention Giroud's helping defensively - "big name" striker probably wouldn't work as hard as him.

I don't know really, because Giroud is in this area where he's not in worlds' best category, but he's very good and we'd need to blow a lot of money for a little improvement, not to mention Giroud's helping defensively - "big name" striker probably wouldn't work as hard as him.

Yeah and maybe the main question is who could we realistically get who's better than Giroud? Can't really think of a one player who'd be available, straight off better than Giroud and wouldn't blow away our whole transfer budget.

Sanchez with two goals again last night taking his total tally to 24 this season. That's amazing coming mainly from left flank and considering it's his first season in a new country. Most bizarre thing is that he wasn't even on top 3 for Player of the Year voting...

I'd love for us to sign Lacazette. He looks the real deal. I have to say though, Giroud is unique to our style. He's almost tailor-made for us. His hold-up play is excellent and for someone so large and clunky, his creativity and touch are superb as well. (His defensive contribution is another plus). I really think Giroud is capable of leading us for a title charge but maybe what we really need is another Sanchez-like player on the other flank who can score. (Reus and Griezmann come to mind).

Giroud also makes great dummie runs. Shows how much other teams respect him.

I'd love for us to sign Lacazette. He looks the real deal. I have to say though, Giroud is unique to our style. He's almost tailor-made for us. His hold-up play is excellent and for someone so large and clunky, his creativity and touch are superb as well. (His defensive contribution is another plus). I really think Giroud is capable of leading us for a title charge but maybe what we really need is another Sanchez-like player on the other flank who can score. (Reus and Griezmann come to mind).

Lacazette might be available after Euros in 2016. Lyon President already said they are not entertaining offers for any of their talented youngsters like Lacazette or Fekir.

Personally I think there's still more to come from Chambo on the right and I really hope he can stay fit for longer period and start to convert chances better as thats his only downside atm. Though if somebody like Reus were available we should sign him without a doubt.

Giroud also makes great dummie runs. Shows how much other teams respect him.

Yeah Rambo's goal yesterday again shows it. Good example of the work Giroud does which most of times goes unappreciated.

Back