The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Similarity in naming is purely accidental, I was professing my love for tyton, which polish word for tobacco ;)

Tyton-the-goalkeeper is wank, good shot stopper but can't control the box for ****, to the point that there's jokes in Poland that he nails his feet to the line before every game.

Seen quite a few reports saying you have an agreement in place with Jackson Martinez. Just need to agree fee with the club.

Footballing was inspired yesterday. On to the final!

If we didn't add anyone this summer I wouldn't mind. The team we have now has gelled and are talented and will make another run at the title.

Maybe another defender or if a world class player of any position comes available.

Footballing was inspired yesterday. On to the final!

Maybe another defender or if a world class player of any position comes available.

I feel like we are in the same position chelsea were at, at the beginning of the season. A strong squad that you can only really improve with world class signings. They did it with costa and fabregas and i think we need to do the same.

Do you guys think we need cover for Alexis? I hope Podolski, Campbell and Wellington will all be sold.

That leaves us with Alexis, Welbeck, Ox and Ozil. Now, Ozil is wasted there, Welbeck may play there, but he's not really suited to play on left and offers next to nothing against teams sitting deep. Ox may be a good option, but I'd like him to be a first choice on the right.

My biggest concern is the lack of width this season. I think we need a left footed winger, in case Alexis is injured or we need different option. And no, Podolski or Campbell are not good enough.

Do you guys think we need cover for Alexis? I hope Podolski, Campbell and Wellington will all be sold.

That leaves us with Alexis, Welbeck, Ox and Ozil. Now, Ozil is wasted there, Welbeck may play there, but he's not really suited to play on left and offers next to nothing against teams sitting deep. Ox may be a good option, but I'd like him to be a first choice on the right.

My biggest concern is the lack of width this season. I think we need a left footed winger, in case Alexis is injured or we need different option. And no, Podolski or Campbell are not good enough.

I'd like Fekir or Lacazette from Lyon. Both can play all across the frontline. Only problem that Lyon intend to keep both for another season.

Also Bellarabi fron Leverkusen or Firmino from Hoffenheim could do well.

I'd like Fekir or Lacazette from Lyon. Both can play all across the frontline. Only problem that Lyon intend to keep both for another season.

Someone who can offer something different than Giroud up top would be nice. Saying that Arsenal lack width is rediculous. Chamberlain, Walcott, Cazorla, Alexis, Welbeck, Rosicky and young Serge Gary can all do a job out wide. I don't see where Bellerby would fit in either. Firming wouldn't even make the bench over Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Alexis etc.

Seen quite a few reports saying you have an agreement in place with Jackson Martinez. Just need to agree fee with the club.

Unfortunately, these reports are from Metro, Caughtoffside, Dailymail etc so the 'reports' are most likely made up. He's a very similar player to Giroud and doesn't offer any more. Porto said that if anyone wants him, they would be powerless to stop teams to pay the 27 million release clause, sparking numerous 'reports' by the reliable caughtoffside and co. I don't see why Porto would sell him for any less either. If we'd have wanted him, we would have signed hin instead of Welbeck at deadline day.

Stats don't lie. Fabianski has looked quite dodgy when I've watched him, though. Happy with Ospina's performances; Szczesny going to find it hard to get back into the team.

Lastly, Ospina doesn't even match Szczesny in ability imo and Petr Cech would be a great signing. Firstly, he's too short and he can't catch. He's terrible when balls are in the air and has gotten bailed out by the defense once too often. The first hint was Nathan Clyne's goal in the COC. The shot was from a few yards outside the box, straight down the middle and he reacts too slowly and can't reach the ball. The next was away at Spurs, when he couldn't reach the Ball at a corner, flapped at it and gave Kane a tap in at the far post. The Kondogbia goal at the Emirates at have been deflected, however it was again, straight down his throat. The late Carrasco goal in that game should have been a routine save. A too keeper like Cech would have held that and I'd even expect Szczesny to! The shot was weak and hit across goal from an unfavourable angle, with little pace. The Gomis header a week or two ago is another example of poor reflexes and a lack of height. Lastly, Sunderland's goal at the set piece shows why he's not good enough for a top 6 team. You can't have a keeper being 'bullied' and out jumped by an attacker with his arms outstretched.

I was thinking about Fekir the other week. I like him, he can pass, shoot, has pace. I'm just not sure how'd he cope with PL, but honestly I've seen him just a few times.

Someone who can offer something different than Giroud up top would be nice. Saying that Arsenal lack width is rediculous. Chamberlain, Walcott, Cazorla, Alexis, Welbeck, Rosicky and young Serge Gary can all do a job out wide. I don't see where Bellerby would fit in either. Firming wouldn't even make the bench over Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Alexis etc.

Cazorla and Rosicky CAN do a job, but are not a wide players, every other player is right footed. You're gonna say it doesn't matter, but it does. Look at Alexis, instead of providing width, he cuts inside too much and the midfield is packed. We are struggling against teams defending deep and compact (even if we don't struggle, we don't destroy them. We win by 2-3 goals margin, but we used to smash poor teams 5-0 - it has nothing to do with winger, just off topic).

In that case we don't have anyone to offer something different, someone who can beat his man and send good passes/crosses or simple disrupt the defense. Ox is probably the only one who does this, but like I said I believe he should be no.1 on the right wing.

Pretty clear on 0marty point. With bellerin and theo or ox or even ramsey on right you will see them dribble to byline and try to go around the defender. Haven't seen that anywhere near as often on left especially after Pods left.

Firstly, the Arsenal team is probable the most ambidextrous in the league. Oxlade-Chamberlain is just as good on his left peg and Santo Cazorla has been playing on the left side for virtually his whole career, as he was known as a winger before joining. Arsene Wenger has played with a left sided inside forward for only God knows how long! Walcott is another one that's fairly strong on his left peg. I do agree that we do lose width when some personal play.

Cazorla is aging and doesn't have pace for wing. This is a evidence by the long string of games playing as deep laying playmaker.

One good option could be El Shaarawy. Back from his injury and had a good game against Torino not long ago. Predominantly right footed, but has a decent left leg as well. His brother/agent has been making noises that he'd like to see El Shaarawy play in Premier League and he likes us.

Milan are in better position now with the new investor, but could still be tempted especially if they keep Menez.

One good option could be El Shaarawy. Back from his injury and had a good game against Torino not long ago. Predominantly right footed, but has a decent left leg as well. His brother/agent has been making noises that he'd like to see El Shaarawy play in Premier League and he likes us.

Milan are in better position now with the new investor, but could still be tempted especially if they keep Menez.

I'd like to keep him at Milan but I have to admit he would fit in at Arsenal perfectly.

If he can stay fit and get a decent run of games again he is a great player

Arsenal haven't had width on the left for at least a decade. I have a biography of Arsene Wenger from an old membership pack and I remember it quoted somewhere that he always has a left sided player that cuts inside. El Shawaary realistically isn't going to play many games for Arsenal. Walcott and Chamberlain are strong on their left sides and don't forget the young Serge Gnabry, plus Arsene Wenger plays with inside towards on the left side, so it ain't happening. You said that we should sign El Shawaary because of his strong left, however I literally just said that Chamberlain, Walcott and Gnabry have strong lefts.

Arsenal haven't had width on the left for at least a decade. I have a biography of Arsene Wenger from an old membership pack and I remember it quoted somewhere that he always has a left sided player that cuts inside. El Shawaary realistically isn't going to play many games for Arsenal. Walcott and Chamberlain are strong on their left sides and don't forget the young Serge Gnabry, plus Arsene Wenger plays with inside towards on the left side, so it ain't happening. You said that we should sign El Shawaary because of his strong left, however I literally just said that Chamberlain, Walcott and Gnabry have strong lefts.

Gnabry I think will go on loan. He needs consistent playing time and is too good for U21's. If this season is anything to go by Wenger will likely start next season with Ox as #1 RW. Theo if he stays will play as striker.

Have seen how El Shaarawy plays? By defination he is inside fwd, but for me he mixes it up more than Sanchez for example.

For many of our recent games it hasn't been about width that much, but about pace with Ramsey playing in RW.

Back