The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
the rumour goes that benitez want's to by edin hazard from Chelsea and let ronaldo go for 107 miljoen euro.
and want's to by back morato and most important.
DOESN'T WANT TO USE BENZZZZ!!!

If we were to sign Cech, one of Scheiderlin/Vidal/Kondogbia and one of Benzema/Lazacette/Higuain then there isn't really much more we could ask for, I doubt we'll get a player for all three positions though.

the rumour goes that benitez want's to by edin hazard from Chelsea and let ronaldo go for 107 miljoen euro.
Who's has €107 million? That's probably Arsenal and United's whole budget for the summer.

Based on reliable sources, sky sports and Wenger himself, he's definitely out for a keeper and holding midfielder. If we had any interest in Dybala, I think Wenger will go for Higuain. He lost out on him a few seasons ago.

Who's has €107 million? That's probably Arsenal and United's whole budget for the summer.

Arsenal have twice that just laying in bank. Other clubs not so much, but transfers rarely are paid in a single lumb sum.

manchester united manager louis van gaal will get around 275 miljion euro's to spend this summer!!! :-P()

gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Arsenal charged by the FA for breaching agents' regulations over transfer of Calum Chambers. #SSNHQ

If the rumours are to be believed regarding Cech and potential signings of a DM (Scheiderlin, Kondogbia) and a ST then I fully believe Arsenal will be the team to beat

They are that close

If the rumours are to be believed regarding Cech and potential signings of a DM (Scheiderlin, Kondogbia) and a ST then I fully believe Arsenal will be the team to beat

They are that close

I think Chelsea are the team to beat, but if we do get Cech, Schneiderlin/Kondogbia/Vidal and striker who's better than Giroud then we are pretty close. Personally I feel we are much closer than people think even without signings assuming we can start the season with fit squad, which just isn't going to happen.

I think Chelsea are the team to beat, but if we do get Cech, Schneiderlin/Kondogbia/Vidal and striker who's better than Giroud then we are pretty close. Personally I feel we are much closer than people think even without signings assuming we can start the season with fit squad, which just isn't going to happen.

Add a solid CB too, and Chelsea and Arsenal are probably on the same level.

They are that close

Mind you, they are still rumors though. With Arsene you never know what he has up his sleeve. Cech seems to be a strong possibility. But yeah, I agree with you that we'd be a formidable outfit if we managed to get those three signings.

Add a solid CB too, and Chelsea and Arsenal are probably on the same level.

I don't think we need one. Koscielny is up there as a best CB in the league and Gabriel will be a great CB for us. He has now had 6 months to settle and with a solid preseason behind him I think he will take first 11 place from Mertesacker. Mertesacker and Chambers will provide us with solid backups. As long as Koscielny is fit we have no problems.

Mind you, they are still rumors though. With Arsene you never know what he has up his sleeve. Cech seems to be a strong possibility. But yeah, I agree with you that we'd be a formidable outfit if we managed to get those three signings.

Yeah rumours only still, but I think Arsene is ready to take the team to next level before clocking out. With those three signings we wouldn't only have good chance of Premier League, but I think we would be far more competive in CL as well though bit short still unless some of our players could manage Ramsey-esque rise in quality.

Our centre backs are good, but they lacked protection. Since Coquelin came to the team, we conceded just 10 goals in the last 17 PL matches. We were especially vulnerable to counter attacks, this danger is lowered, but I think it's still there because Mertesacker is slow and our fullback are usually high on the pitch. I still think we look fragile sometimes, but it has more to do with defensive coaching than quality of players. We don't look as solid as Chelsea, Atlético or even Soton when we have to defend, but still we don't concede much.

Chelsea have a very good squad, without doubt - I just think a few additions in the correct places and Arsenal are one of the best in the league

That's true... I can imagine it is quite frustrating that the need for a GK, DM and ST especially has been evident for a number of years and little done about it

Our centre backs are good, but they lacked protection. Since Coquelin came to the team, we conceded just 10 goals in the last 17 PL matches. We were especially vulnerable to counter attacks, this danger is lowered, but I think it's still there because Mertesacker is slow and our fullback are usually high on the pitch. I still think we look fragile sometimes, but it has more to do with defensive coaching than quality of players. We don't look as solid as Chelsea, Atlético or even Soton when we have to defend, but still we don't concede much.

This. With another holding midfielder, the defence is fairly solid. I don't think a defender will be priority, but if there is money left and the right player available, it could be useful.

Just need another centre back to cover injuries really, as Gabriel, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Chambers is a bit short in number. You don't really want to have to play a full back in the centre again, as Monreal did last season (admittedly before Gabriel arrived), or move Bellerin infield either as he's been a revelation at full back.

Debuchy, Bellerin, Chambers, Gibbs, Monreal, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gabriel is probably a little short, unless you have a bright youth prospect that Wenger will trust. Just look at United last season, we had to play Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Evans, McNair, Blackett and even Carrick at centre back last season. I think one more wouldn't hurt.

That's true... I can imagine it is quite frustrating that the need for a GK, DM and ST especially has been evident for a number of years and little done about it

Well, the GK problem only became apparent last year, didn't it? Szczesny won Golden Glove the year before, after all, and it looked like they've secured in the GK department for years to come.

Debuchy, Bellerin, Chambers, Gibbs, Monreal, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gabriel is probably a little short, unless you have a bright youth prospect that Wenger will trust. Just look at United last season, we had to play Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Evans, McNair, Blackett and even Carrick at centre back last season. I think one more wouldn't hurt.

The thing is, Chambers struggled to make a match squad in the second half of the season. Wenger isn't gonna change and rotate (to defend him, almost no manager rotates CB's unless they have to) and I'd hate to see another player sitting on the bench taking salary. If there's money left, spend it elsewhere, maybe on some youngsters that'll play in U18 or U21.

Back