The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
It's gonna be fun seeing damola and mike argue, since none of them backs off or changes their opinion :)

BTW this whole discussion brings an interesting question. If Jack's injury problems will continue for a 2-3 seasons, would you want the club to sell him?

No he isn't. Unlike Rakitic, he isnt actually very good at positioning to make interceptions, he's reckless in the tackle. He doesnt get injured lots because he is brave, he gets injured because he has glass ankles and doesn't know when to release a pass half the time. Rakitic is a superior long range passer. Hazard is the most fouled player in the league by a mile, and he isnt spending 3 months out...

As much as I don't want to believe this, this is as true as It gets :(

It's gonna be fun seeing damola and mike argue, since none of them backs off or changes their opinion :)

BTW this whole discussion brings an interesting question. If Jack's injury problems will continue for a 2-3 seasons, would you want the club to sell him?

It would probably be another abou diaby situation :/

To be honest the points Mike has made are spot on IMO. Damola just seems to be defending Jack's ability because he's an Arsenal player. It's rather simple... Wilshere's a good player, nothing more, nothing less.

If I was in Wenger's shoes I'd see how he develops over the next couple of seasons and if nothing changes, I'd sell. You can't keep relying on someone who's unreliable. However this all depends on whether or not he'd be content being a 'squad' player though.

To be honest the points Mike has made are spot on IMO. Damola just seems to be defending Jack's ability because he's an Arsenal player. It's rather simple... Wilshere's a good player, nothing more, nothing less.

If I was in Wenger's shoes I'd see how he develops over the next couple of seasons and if nothing changes, I'd sell. You can't keep relying on someone who's unreliable. However this all depends on whether or not he'd be content being a 'squad' player though.
Me defending him 'because he's an Arsenal player' is all subjectively your opinion. I never said that he's a world class player. I said that he's a natural talented player with world class quality that needs to be fit to become an established player. Rakitic is better at this stage, however isn't anywhere near as naturally talented Jack Wilshere who was playing regularly for Arsenal at 18. It's like Mario Balotelli. He's a definate world class talent but hasn't performed to le level of becoming world class even though the talent is there. He's much more talented than someone like Edin Dzeko who outscored him. Looking at Jack Wilshere, you look at someone that can potentially become a legend and captain club or country for the next decade (if he stays injury free). With Rakitic, you see a borderline world class player who was a late bloomer at 25-26 at top level. He's 27 years old now and he's never going to be considered as a legend, although a wonderful player. Looking at potential, Rakitic is pretty much at his peak, while Wilshere can easily surpass that barring injury. Likewise, should Balotelli sort his issues out, he will become world class, although I don't see that happening.

That's a very hypothetical question. Arsene a Wenger is of the opinion that he's developed remarkably well considering he's had over 3 years chalked off of his career at 23. Most players with those ch injuries would be retired or barely playing semi pro. To be talking about him at this stage is miraculously imo. Can you player as good at this stage, who's had 3 years worth of injuries at 23 and still played at international level?

That's a very hypothetical question. Arsene a Wenger is of the opinion that he's developed remarkably well considering he's had over 3 years chalked off of his career at 23. Most players with those ch injuries would be retired or barely playing semi pro. To be talking about him at this stage is miraculously imo. Can you player as good at this stage, who's had 3 years worth of injuries at 23 and still played at international level?

He hasn't developed though, if anything he's regressed. Aaron Ramsey was better than Wilshere at 23 and he's had three-years worth of injuries as well. Anyway as I've already said Jack's a good player, nothing more, nothing less. Now whether or not he can turn it around like Ramsey we don't know, I hope he does, but eventually enough is enough.

He hasn't developed though, if anything he's regressed. Aaron Ramsey was better than Wilshere at 23 and he's had three-years worth of injuries as well. Anyway as I've already said Jack's a good player, nothing more, nothing less. Now whether or not he can turn it around like Ramsey we don't know, I hope he does, but eventually enough is enough.

Ramsey has a bad injury history, however that was mainly due to the bad leg fracture sustained when Ryan Shawcross broke it with a bad tackle, keeping him out of action for 1.5 years. It's not like a broken leg is a recurring problem. Wilshere fractured his ankle in 2011, ruling him out for 18 months, before sustaining recurring ankle problems, leading to him having over 3 years out by 23. Ramsey hasn't had as much time out injured as Wilshere. After breaking his leg in 2010, Ramsey hasn't really had a long term injury until being ruled out for 2-3 months last season due to a knee injury.

U19's have won the Durban tournament. Fortune who joined with Reine-Adeleide has looked really promising from what I've seen.

Some rumours going around that agreement has been reached with Real for Benzema for £49mil (70million euros)

Some rumours going around that agreement has been reached with Real for Benzema for £49mil (70million euros)
Yeah his agent rubbished them straight away and said hes not leaving. Was a tweet yesterday or day before think it was Hunter or Ballague saying Madrid defo wont sell unless they have a world class replacement in before hand.

Yeah his agent rubbished them straight away and said hes not leaving. Was a tweet yesterday or day before think it was Hunter or Ballague saying Madrid defo wont sell unless they have a world class replacement in before hand.

His agent first said 1000% he's not leaving, then he's not looking to leave and then there's nothing going on. At the moment so much noise from many sources so something is happening.

His agent first said 1000% he's not leaving, then he's not looking to leave and then there's nothing going on. At the moment so much noise from many sources so something is happening.
Or nothing. Would be class signing but cant see it tbh.

Why? It's not like he is indespensable to the team and we have the money to sign him.
Just cant see it tbh. They will be left with Jese as the only recognized STR. The uncertainty of Bale and Ronaldo. Not saying you could not but will see I guess. Lots of talk does not mean a lot these days.

Just cant see it tbh. They will be left with Jese as the only recognized STR. The uncertainty of Bale and Ronaldo. Not saying you could not but will see I guess. Lots of talk does not mean a lot these days.

Possibly, but I doubt Real would reject almost 50 mil for a player who'd be on bench as Benitez wants to use both Isco and Rodriguez at the same time and Bale and Ronaldo are undroppable so that leaves out Benzema.

Possibly, but I doubt Real would reject almost 50 mil for a player who'd be on bench as Benitez wants to use both Isco and Rodriguez at the same time and Bale and Ronaldo are undroppable so that leaves out Benzema.

Then Benitez would be bigger dumbfuck that we all think. Benzema is world class player and if he is planning on leaving him on bench and play Ronaldo as striker then that's a failed tactic. Ronaldo can't link up like Benzema. His game is superb and perfect for likes of Ronaldo and Bale.

Then Benitez would be bigger dumbfuck that we all think. Benzema is world class player and if he is planning on leaving him on bench and play Ronaldo as striker then that's a failed tactic. Ronaldo can't link up like Benzema. His game is superb and perfect for likes of Ronaldo and Bale.

I agree, but it's Madrid and they want their new Galactico eventhough it might not suit team as well as some player who's being offloaded.

I agree, but it's Madrid and they want their new Galactico eventhough it might not suit team as well as some player who's being offloaded.

Yeah they are very unpredictable. Benzema would be unreal signing for any team in the world. Fantastic technique and physical presence. Hopefully we are in for him if he is available.

Back