The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Yes, if Cech comes out he should get it but equally Arsenal's defending overall was terrible from that set-piece.

Unless that one player is Messi or Ronaldo yes. Benzema would be massive improvement on Giroud, but to win Premier League there would need to be improvement from other players as well that's basically the point Wenger was making imo.

Suarez for Liverpool? Hazard for Chelsea? That one player, even if not at the level of Messi and Ronaldo can be huge.

Benzema is a huge upgrade on Giroud

Everyone's looked underwhelming except Ox and Ramsey. We've misplaced quite a few passes already. Definitely need to step it up in the second half. West Ham doing a good job of suffocating the space in the middle. Walcott RW, Ox LW (considering Tomkins on a yellow) perhaps?

Suarez for Liverpool? Hazard for Chelsea? That one player, even if not at the level of Messi and Ronaldo can be huge.

Benzema is a huge upgrade on Giroud

Suarez didn't win it for Liverpool ;)

Also while Hazard carried Chelsea at times for latter part of last season Cesc, Costa and others also played huge part in winning the league and for me their defence was more crucial factor to title than Hazard.

Suarez didn't win it for Liverpool ;)

Also while Hazard carried Chelsea at times for latter part of last season Cesc, Costa and others also played huge part in winning the league and for me their defence was more crucial factor to title than Hazard.

Arsenal have a lot better side than Liverpool do - You put Suarez in your side and you win the league or go very, very close

Arsenal seem so close yet their transfer window has been non existent

EDIT: I'm not saying one player can win everything for a team, but Arsenal already have a fantastic team. They just need that extra bit and they'll be challenging

Everyone's looked underwhelming except Ox and Ramsey. We've misplaced quite a few passes already. Definitely need to step it up in the second half. West Ham doing a good job of suffocating the space in the middle. Walcott RW, Ox LW (considering Tomkins on a yellow) perhaps?
OX motm so far imo. Arsenal always struggle to break down teams who pack the centre. Need more width 2nd half. But even the crosses put in there is only Giroud in there against Reid and Ogbonna who has been very impressive signing for WH.

Arsenal have a lot better side than Liverpool do - You put Suarez in your side and you win the league or go very, very close

Arsenal seem so close yet their transfer window has been non existent

EDIT: I'm not saying one player can win everything for a team, but Arsenal already have a fantastic team. They just need that extra bit and they'll be challenging

When team is starting to be "ready" it gets harder to find a player who really improves the team.

TBH im not surprised by the result ATM. West Ham have some very good players, and are my dark horses/surprise package with Palace this season. Add Song,Jenkinson,Valencia and possibly Halalovic and Hernandez to the mix there squad looks good.

Wenger wants goals to come from all angles. Well there are few strikers better than Benzema at playing wide players and onrushing mids in.

Back