The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Excellent combative

Not excellent midfielder

He gets stuck in and fights it out. Is he a passing wizard or an attacking threat? Nah, but we don't need that.

Too much is read by single game. Arsenal have this habit of making bad starts before going on a run.

Apparently Wenger was livid after that display and kept the team for 45 minutes after the game in dressing room.

Apparently Wenger was livid after that display and kept the team for 45 minutes after the game in dressing room.
Every time the camera shows him (about 4-5 times at least) he is shaking his head. Not surprised that he is furious after that game.

People do realise Benzema and Giroud absolutely HATE each other right? I mean teammates don't have to get on, but they don't even speak to each other on French duty. Massive talk that his agent is in Manchester today/ tonight (the blue half); so it may well be a futile discussion anyways.

Oh yeah, I'll say it again, Ozil is a massively over priced flop. Has the young SIXTEEN year old let him out of his back pocket yet?

People do realise Benzema and Giroud absolutely HATE each other right? I mean teammates don't have to get on, but they don't even speak to each other on French duty. Massive talk that his agent is in Manchester today/ tonight (the blue half); so it may well be a futile discussion anyways.

Oh yeah, I'll say it again, Ozil is a massively over priced flop. Has the young SIXTEEN year old let him out of his back pocket yet?
Benzema wont leave Madrid not a chance imo. And City wont buy Benzema and De Bruyne which sounds like its close to done deal.

How is ozil a massive over priced flop? Just over one performance? The whole team played poorly so I wouldn't single him out.

Benzema wont leave Madrid not a chance imo. And City wont buy Benzema and De Bruyne which sounds like its close to done deal.

Whether it's him or whomever else, City will buy what they think they need.

Since when have the Arabs been bothered about splashing the major money?

How is ozil a massive over priced flop? Just over one performance? The whole team played poorly so I wouldn't single him out.

If it was only 'one' performance he wouldn't be such a glaring failure.

On his day, he can be excellent. But those days are few and far between as a difference maker. And maybe it's me, but when you drop £ 40 odd million on someone, he needs to be that difference making player. For Arsenal, even taking into account his injury's, he's been FAR from that on a consistent basis. You're pretty much where you were before you paid that for him. A ways off challenging and crashing out of Europe the first knock-out stage every year.

Massively over hyped player for the actual difference making production he's given you IMHO.

Whether it's him or whomever else, City will buy what they think they need.

Since when have the Arabs been bothered about splashing the major money?
They still have to watch there spend and wage bill if they like it or not. They are still being watched by FFP and the club no this. Don't think Benzema will sit on the bench behind aguero either.

Ozil has been **** poor for 75% of his time at Arsenal.. he has no intensity whatsoever, looks like he's sleepy half the games.

He had 4 key passes and 87% pass completion. To give you the comparision that would hit close to home, Coutinho averages 1.7 key passes with 80% completion.

Safe to say its not 16-year old who was in the back pocket the whole game.

When will people learn that looking absolutely **** all the time, while still producing end result, is kind of Ozill's thing.

He had 4 key passes and 87% pass completion. To give you the comparision that would hit close to home, Coutinho averages 1.7 key passes with 80% completion.

Safe to say its not 16-year old who was in the back pocket the whole game.

When will people learn that looking absolutely **** all the time, while still producing end result, is kind of Ozill's thing.

Yeah add to the fact that he is usually one of the players who has covered most ground and made most sprints...

I love to know what constituted '4 key passes' by whomever records these stats from today's game.

I love to know what constituted '4 key passes' by whomever records these stats from today's game.

I've honestly stopped even attempting to understand what is it that he exactly does. I don't follow either Arsenal or Real Madrid regularily, but I must have watched over 50 random games with him, and he was absolutely awful every single time.

Ozil is basically Inzaghi of attacking midfielders. Like a regular bloke who accidentally wondered on the pitch. His touch is *****, he gets dispossessed far too easily, he looks like he's about to die after 30 minutes. But then you take a look at the stats and go...okay, what?

I've honestly stopped even attempting to understand what is it that he exactly does. I don't follow either Arsenal or Real Madrid regularily, but I must have watched over 50 random games with him, and he was absolutely awful every single time.

Ozil is basically Inzaghi of attacking midfielders. Like a regular bloke who accidentally wondered on the pitch. His touch is *****, he gets dispossessed far too easily, he looks like he's about to die after 30 minutes. But then you take a look at the stats and go...okay, what?

Oxil is a player who manages to produce and dictate a lot, while looking like he does nothing at all. all he needs to do now is score more goals

All he needs to do now is score more goals

He won't though, it's just not how he plays. Even at Madrid, he was far from a prolific goalscorer, and he needs the right players infront and around him to really shine. Sanchez was a massive step in the right direction but they're still missing the big name striker.

He won't though, it's just not how he plays. Even at Madrid, he was far from a prolific goalscorer, and he needs the right players infront and around him to really shine. Sanchez was a massive step in the right direction but they're still missing the big name striker.

It's something he will have to learn, especially if they don't sign benzema, which i fully expect.

Back