The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You can tell the people who watch every arsenal match from the ones who just watch the openers.

Ozil is one of the most efficient midfielders in the epl statistically and has a fair share of assists. My only problem has been with his defense and hustle. But today I saw him close down the keeper, track back constantly and even win a couple tackles.

His overall game has improved since joining Arsenal and has helped us win many games.

30m euro buyout clause for Krychowiak from Sevilla, what's Wenger's excuse this time?

At the moment he's the best option to sign for that position and we should be all over it and according to this we are: Arsenal transfer news: Arsène Wenger weighing up £22 million bid for Sevilla midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak - Telegraph

I don't know much about that reporter is he usually reliable?

Yeh it would be a very sensible and wise move for you guys, putting all the pressure on Coquelin is a big ask for someone still establishing himself. Good competition for places as well.

Honestly at the start of the window I thought you needed a DM and ST to be strong title challengers, so if this does happen it would tick one of the boxes at least.

I don't know much about that reporter is he usually reliable?

Yeh it would be a very sensible and wise move for you guys, putting all the pressure on Coquelin is a big ask for someone still establishing himself. Good competition for places as well.

Honestly at the start of the window I thought you needed a DM and ST to be strong title challengers, so if this does happen it would tick one of the boxes at least.

From what I heard he is quite reliable, but this only indicated we have watched him.

We are at a stake where we can afford to have a complete squad and it could potentially just get Coquelin to work harder for his place. Bit same as with Ospina who was great last season had a chance to leave this summer, but wanted to stay and fight Cech for a place in team.

We desperately need a DM. Striker is also needed, but honestly we are one injury from having to start Arteta who hasn't looked the same for over a year now. Another option is to throw Bielik into the fire and hope he does well which isn't really wise.

I've been watching Krychowiak about 4 years now, you wouldn't believe how much progress he made.

4 years ago he had a frame of Auschwitz survivor and the only good thing about him was that he apparently had 4 lungs, because you can't possibly run that much with just 2. Technically he was very raw, no first touch to speak off, could only hoof the ball forward at random directions and so on.

Now he looks like a freaking Hulk, seems to have acquired reasonably good passing range and 4 lungs are still there.

Tactically he can a bit suspect, doesn't have the the best judgement at times, and generally doesn't seem like the smartest bloke you've ever met (somehow managed to forgot half of Polish language after playing 1 year in France, what the ****).

But when it comes to kicking the **** out of people and winning the ball back, he's probably the best bargain on the market. And at 25 he should still improve a bit.

Correct, not as rounded as, say Morgan S, but a proper DM

I have no clue still to this day what Arsenal were playing at in missing out on Schneiderlin, he was truly the one they should of got. By all accounts sounds like they were penny pinching again, due to the board or Wenger I don't know.

I have no clue still to this day what Arsenal were playing at in missing out on Schneiderlin, he was truly the one they should of got. By all accounts sounds like they were penny pinching again, due to the board or Wenger I don't know.

Too high demands from agent is the reason I've heard.

He won't though, it's just not how he plays. Even at Madrid, he was far from a prolific goalscorer, and he needs the right players infront and around him to really shine. Sanchez was a massive step in the right direction but they're still missing the big name striker.

Özil struggled with his fitness in the second half of last season due to a lack of a winter break. At Real Madrid, he was subbed off every 60 min. He's also missed 30 league games in the past 2 seasons due to injury. I don't see how a player is expected to be that consistent with that sort of injury record, especially if they have average stamina like Özil.

Too high demands from agent is the reason I've heard.

I doubt it. I heard that apparently, United wanted it wrapped up quickly and Arsrnal were never in for him. Wenger doesn't actually negotiate or dictate a transfer fee. He just shortlists players he wants, then the board sends chief negotiator, **** Law to thrash out a deal. Looking at transfer dealings from the past few seasons, I don't think it's agent demands. Coquelin is excellent at tackling, interceptions and reading the game. His distribution isn't as good as Schneiderlin's, however it's better than most holding midfielders. We already have the deepest squad in the league.

I doubt it. I heard that apparently, United wanted it wrapped up quickly and Arsrnal were never in for him. Wenger doesn't actually negotiate or dictate a transfer fee. He just shortlists players he wants, then the board sends chief negotiator, **** Law to thrash out a deal. Looking at transfer dealings from the past few seasons, I don't think it's agent demands. Coquelin is excellent at tackling, interceptions and reading the game. His distribution isn't as good as Schneiderlin's, however it's better than most holding midfielders. We already have the deepest squad in the league.

Yeah there might be players, but if we start sending Arteta or Flamini on field we stop even thinking about title.

Wenger was interested and we wanted him in january, but couldn't agree fee with Southampton. Then come summer his agent was demanding wages comparable to Özil and Sanchez with a big signing on fee so there's no surprise that we dropped our interest then.

**** Law is the negotiator yes, but you can bet your *** Wenger is the one who gives him the parameters in which he can negotiate and not Gazidis.

Yeah there might be players, but if we start sending Arteta or Flamini on field we stop even thinking about title.

Wenger was interested and we wanted him in january, but couldn't agree fee with Southampton. Then come summer his agent was demanding wages comparable to Özil and Sanchez with a big signing on fee so there's no surprise that we dropped our interest then.

**** Law is the negotiator yes, but you can bet your *** Wenger is the one who gives him the parameters in which he can negotiate and not Gazidis.

Mikel Arteta is a quality, consistent central midfielder, who also offers experience and leadership. Flamini is just a back up. The argument is as stupid as saying that Chelsea can forget the title if they have to play Mikel or Ramires. We have the strongest overall squad in the league. We could field 2 11's good enough to start.

Mikel Arteta is a quality, consistent central midfielder, who also offers experience and leadership. Flamini is just a back up. The argument is as stupid as saying that Chelsea can forget the title if they have to play Mikel or Ramires. We have the strongest overall squad in the league. We could field 2 11's good enough to start.

Arteta was quality... in 2014 before he lost his legs. Mikel and Ramites as backups beat Arteta and Flamini, but if Chelsea were to lose Matic it would hurt them considerably.

Overall our squad is strong, but to be able to say strongest we need a striker and defensive midfielder.

I would love to hear these 2 11's good enough to win the league, especially considering Arsenal haven't had a squad good enough to even challenge.

Also Arteta was never really good enough a few years ago when he was good, never mind now when his legs have gone.

Why Arsenal have the best second string in the Premier League - Telegraph

Reading the article, Arsenal clearly have the strongest overall squad, however Chelsea have the best first 11. Ramires offers more legs than Flamini, however he has a poor first touch and he's clueless tactically. If we were to sign another DM, I'd rather have Flamini leave. Arteta is club captain for a reason, however unfortunately his legs are going. Remember that they are only backups. I don't things that there are many or any teams in Europe with better squad depth, explaining the transfer strategy of signing only 'exceptional players'. For example, Jackson Martinez wouldn't have been an improvement on Giroud, while Benzema is a class above both. If we can sign him, well win the league imo. We've also signed a legendary goalkeeper that can be worth 12-15 points per season.

Back