The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I was just quoting the ranking of Arsenal from Scouse, hope I didn't offend you :)
I didn't bring up the CL as one of the areas Arsenal is underperforming. I mentioned it because I can remember one season where they excelled (with other English clubs), and except for that, during the long period Wenger has been managing Arsenal he hasn't excelled at alot of top competitions. Thats why I'm not sure if he can make a team champions, but he's most definately a good manager for being this consistant.
This is the first squad since 2006, capable of winning the title. We'll see in the next 2 seasons. Between 2006-2010 we made the latter stages of the champions league every year. Before the invincibles era,Arsenal were inconsistent in Europe. We lost in the UEFA cup final to Galatasaraay and failed to make it through the champions league knockouts at times. 2010-2015, we've underperformed. At current squad strength, we should be making the quarters.

Liverpool have won a few more trophies, however Arsenal are bigger in every single other way and so are Chelsea. No one gives a **** about trophies won in the 80's. Arsenal have more fans, a bigger stadium, much stronger squad, much stronger financial stature, a better manager and greater future prospects. It's the same with Chelsea apart from the stadium.

'80's? You've won less than Liverpool in the 2000's! How up to date do you want to get?

You have little to NO relevance on the Continent however much you want to delude yourself into thinking you have. The bunkum about fans we'll let slide as part of that.

But hey, you got us (currently) on bigger stadium and much stronger financial structure. Pat yourself on the back.

It's SO cute when anyone outside of Utd fans try to play the bigger club game.

Last edited:
But the injuries to all of those players and others isn't uncommon reducing the effectiveness of them as back ups and yes as you say about Courtois as he is out for a game for the next week chelsea are weaker in keeper depth Courtois is as useful as the injured arsenal players. I would also point out the use those subs were against west ham and question the metric you use to put arsenal as the second biggest club in the country

Your logic is stupid. We had a game against West H, but Walcott and Alexis are hardly poor subs. You can't assume each player will play 50+ games per season.

Your logic is stupid. We had a game against West H, but Walcott and Alexis are hardly poor subs. You can't assume each player will play 50+ games per season.
How is saying injured backups and those who are prone to injuries aren't as good back ups poor logic ad also by what metric is arsenal the second biggest club in England

You also want a core of key players to play around fifty games if they are your best ie Alexis koscielney and cech

'80's? You've won less than Liverpool in the 2000's! How up to date do you want to get?

You have little to NO relevance on the Continent however much you want to delude yourself into thinking you have. The bunkum about fans we'll let slide as part of that.

But hey, you got us (currently) on bigger stadium and much stronger financial structure. Pat yourself on the back.

It's SO cute when anyone outside of Utd fans try to play the bigger club game.

Since 2000 Arsenal have won 10 major honours, while Liverpool have won 7. Arsenal have more fans worldwide than Liverpool. Arsenal are much more relevant and reputable in Europe. There are many players in Europe that would love to play for Arsenal some day. Benzema basically called Liverpool not big enough for his ambitions.

Since 2000 Arsenal have won 10 major honours, while Liverpool have won 7. Arsenal have more fans worldwide than Liverpool. Arsenal are much more relevant and reputable in Europe. There are many players in Europe that would love to play for Arsenal some day. Benzema basically called Liverpool not big enough for his ambitions.
I would say Liverpool are bigger in the continent as they have won the champions league and I would also say that almost all of those players who want to play for arsenal would play for any of the top English teams

When was the last time Liverpool signed a world-class player? In what world would a player join Liverpool over Arsenal? No one gives a **** about a bit of glory in the 80's. Even Benzema said that Liverpool aren't good enough. Arsenal could attract Özil despite a trophy drought and United could sign Di Maria despite being out of the champions league. Alexis chose Arsenal despite being offered more.

You get more and more delusional by the post.

And your highlighted figures are as off as your fantasy's.

Do you REALLY want to play the trophy game? Because you'll get a serious embarrassment both last Century and this.

Might even invite a Tottenham fan in being as you've won less in Europe than them. But you go '2nd biggest club in England!'

When was the last time Liverpool signed a world-class player? In what world would a player join Liverpool over Arsenal? No one gives a **** about a bit of glory in the 80's. Even Benzema said that Liverpool aren't good enough. Arsenal could attract Özil despite a trophy drought and United could sign Di Maria despite being out of the champions league. Alexis chose Arsenal despite being offered more.
kolo toure in 2013

Alexis chose Arsenal, after having agreed a deal with Liverpool, by his own admission, reiterated by Werner just this past couple of weeks; down to his wife wanting London. Nothing more. Nothing less. To foreign players, London is a MAJOR pull. Even Utd have struggled with that through their PL domination.

Why I'm even bothering enabling your delusions is to my detriment so I'll leave you to them.

Again, we look forward to the challenge a week Monday. Being as you have the deepest squad in Europe and all. And at a scandalous 64 notes, it's no surprise you're reaping those financial benefits.

You get more and more delusional by the post.

And your highlighted figures are as off as your fantasy's.

Do you REALLY want to play the trophy game? Because you'll get a serious embarrassment both last Century and this.

Might even invite a Tottenham fan in being as you've won less in Europe than them. But you go '2nd biggest club in England!'

Apologies, I'm slightly tired. Since 2000, Liverpool have won 11, while Arsenal have won 11. Excluding super cups, Arsenal have won 7, while Liverpool have won 6.

I know they have Munir, Sandro etc, however they are unproven at this level. Vermaelen and Pique are the only natural Centre backs, while Bartra is more of a full back. Mascharano isn't a natural centre back and Barca have gotten away with it at times.

They have Turan and Rafinha, both can be quite effective out wide. Iniesta can also moonlight outwide if neccessary and he'll rip ****, just like he rips **** anywhere in the midfield.

Bartra is a center back who is fast. That doesn't make him a full back.

Mascherano gets away with it because he's the best tackler the modern game has seen since the days of Allessandro Nesta. Barca are also very clever in pressing people out of wide areas, so they don't actually have to defend that many crosses.

Apologies, I'm slightly tired. Since 2000, Liverpool have won 11, while Arsenal have won 11. Excluding super cups, Arsenal have won 7, while Liverpool have won 6.

This years Charity Shield. I neglected that. My bad. You've won the same amount of trophy's since 2000. With no European trophy's to L'pool's 4. But hey, you're the major club and the one with all the European relevance right?

Alexis chose Arsenal, after having agreed a deal with Liverpool, by his own admission, reiterated by Werner just this past couple of weeks; down to his wife wanting London. Nothing more. Nothing less. To foreign players, London is a MAJOR pull. Even Utd have struggled with that through their PL domination.

You are wrong. Alexis by his own admission said that the ambition of the club and chance to play with Özil had convinced him to join. At the end of may he said, ‘The reason why I moved to Arsenal is because there were a group of young players with the ambition to achieve things.

‘I thought that Arsenal was the perfect club for me, the perfect club to win titles and compete in every competition'.

Who in their right mind would join Liverpool over Arsenal? Tom Werner was just damage controlling.

You are wrong. Alexis by his own admission said that the ambition of the club and chance to play with Özil had convinced him to join. At the end of may he said, ‘The reason why I moved to Arsenal is because there were a group of young players with the ambition to achieve things.

‘I thought that Arsenal was the perfect club for me, the perfect club to win titles and compete in every competition'.

Who in their right mind would join Liverpool over Arsenal? Tom Werner was just damage controlling.

James Milner.

You can pull Alexis recently saying that. Or you can pull Alexis at the time wanting London.

As much as you want to try sway it otherwise, his wife wanting London was the deciding factor in that move.

They have Turan and Rafinha, both can be quite effective out wide. Iniesta can also moonlight outwide if neccessary and he'll rip ****, just like he rips **** anywhere in the midfield.

Bartra is a center back who is fast. That doesn't make him a full back.

Mascherano gets away with it because he's the best tackler the modern game has seen since the days of Allessandro Nesta. Barca are also very clever in pressing people out of wide areas, so they don't actually have to defend that many crosses.

Rafinha, Turan and Iniesta aren't natural wide players. None of them have the pace to be truly effective, plus they offer no width. Barca do play with width, despite Messi and sometimes Neymar cutting inside. Those players have to cover attacking midfield and the flanks. 2 wingers would increase depth greatly. If you consider Bartra a CB, then they have no cover for Alves until Aleix Vidal joins. Mascharano is a great tackler, however he's too short to be as effective as a natural CB. He didn't play there today, however couldn't compete with Adruiz in the air.

James Milner.

You can pull Alexis recently saying that. Or you can pull Alexis at the time wanting London.

As much as you want to try sway it otherwise, his wife wanting London was the deciding factor in that move.

He joined Liverpool to play regular football and Arsrnal weren't prepared to meet his rediculous 150k per week wage demands.

FWIW, I sincerely hope you win the league. Out of the other 3, it's no contest. Always really liked and respected Arsenal and the way they go around things. And Highbury remains one of my favourite English grounds ever.

But you aren't half as big a deal as you'd like to think you are.

Back