The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Koscielny and Mertesacker had gone 2 years in the league without losing when starting together. When any of them are unavailable (particularly Koscielny) we are shambles at the back.
That's only 28 games though which is less impressive than two years it's a slightly misleading stat as it is only about a quarter of the games over two years

Matuidi and Verratti are better than Arsenal midfield, there is a reason why PSG are the only team who gave Barca run for their money and midfield went toe to toe and also out played Chelsea with only 10 players.

You overrate Arsenal players a lot, if anyone who never watched football reads your posts then they think you are talking about a team that won them all in last few years.
Firstly, Matic and Fabregas are a class above Matuidi and Verratti. They didn't 'outplay' Chelsea with 10 men. Chelsea were wining the tie until PSG got a late goal. Chelsea's strategy was to park the bus. Why do you think that we have a poor record against Chelsea despite 'out playing' them. PSG couldn't compete with Barca's midfield as they lost 5-1 on aggregate and were pretty much swept aside by Barcelona. PSG play with 3 central midfielders and they don't play with a no 10. I'd give Matuidi the nod over Coquelin as he's an experienced player that's done it for years, however Verratti isn't in the same League as a player like Özil or even Cazorla. I'd even take Ramsey over him because he's more complete. As well as having a great passing range and defensive ability, he's a better goalscorer than Verratti.

I never said that we've won everything for the past decade. Our first 11 could improve, however there's no doubt that we have great squad depth.

That's only 28 games though which is less impressive than two years it's a slightly misleading stat as it is only about a quarter of the games over two years

28 games is over a third of games in 2 years. 28 games without losing when starting together is still an incredible statistic.

28 games is over a third of games in 2 years. 28 games without losing when starting together is still an incredible statistic.
It is a great record I just feel that two years makes it seem far better the it was as you think more 40-50 games at least

Firstly, Matic and Fabregas are a class above Matuidi and Verratti. They didn't 'outplay' Chelsea with 10 men. Chelsea were wining the tie until PSG got a late goal. Chelsea's strategy was to park the bus. Why do you think that we have a poor record against Chelsea despite 'out playing' them. PSG couldn't compete with Barca's midfield as they lost 5-1 on aggregate and were pretty much swept aside by Barcelona. PSG play with 3 central midfielders and they don't play with a no 10. I'd give Matuidi the nod over Coquelin as he's an experienced player that's done it for years, however Verratti isn't in the same League as a player like Özil or even Cazorla. I'd even take Ramsey over him because he's more complete. As well as having a great passing range and defensive ability, he's a better goalscorer than Verratti.

I never said that we've won everything for the past decade. Our first 11 could improve, however there's no doubt that we have great squad depth.

Fabregas and Matic are not level above, Matuidi and Verratti are brilliant players. When PSG were down to 10 men they created as many chances as Chelsea and in the first leg Chelsea hardly had a sniff at goa.

Yeah you will take Arsenal players over PSG, after all they are multiple treble winners. Verratti isn't in the same league as Carzola? Yeah if you are talking about actual playing league. Ozil is AM whereas Verratti is deeper midfielder.

Ramsey must be the most overrated player since Balotelli BPITW.

How do you start with both Chamberlain and Walcott on the bench? SERIOUSLY?!

Some of Wenger's decision baffle the living **** out of me. Which would be outright frustration and anger if I were of an Arsenal persuasion.

Last edited:
How do you start with both Chamberlain and Walcott on the bench? SERIOUSLY?!

Some of Wenger's decision baffle the living **** out of me. Which would be outright frustration and anger if I were of an Arsenal persuasion.

Wenger tries to fit in Cazorla, Ramsey and Özil when he should rotate better and use Chamberlain on the wing as he's probably the best option there.

Only Özil offers the needed speed from those three.

Another game, another goal because Koscielny would rather mantain his haircut than block the shot. Unbelievable.

tbh I dont think the first tackle was even yellow worthy. Second one shoulder to shoulder and Zaha went flying.

Tbh I would have to see the first one again to comment but the second one was defo a yellow, with the pace on the break palace have could be a tricky second half for Coquelin. Tbf he has done decent enough seems to have a good range of passing too.

Back