The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
He joined Liverpool to play regular football and Arsrnal weren't prepared to meet his rediculous 150k per week wage demands.

You offered him a heck of a lot more than he's currently getting paid. And apparently as we're learning a lot better chance of success.

James Milner.

You can pull Alexis recently saying that. Or you can pull Alexis at the time wanting London.

As much as you want to try sway it otherwise, his wife wanting London was the deciding factor in that move.

That was just damage controlling by Liverpool. Nobody ever claims that the player's wife would rather choose London and nor do players call them not big enough. In fact Luis Suarez kicked up a fuss 2 summers ago because we are a bigger club with better prospects and luckily for him, he eventually got that at Catalonia.

He joined Liverpool to play regular football and Arsrnal weren't prepared to meet his rediculous 150k per week wage demands.
Regular football is why ozil and Alexis joined arsenal it isn't an uncommon reason to move clubs

Regular football is why ozil and Alexis joined arsenal it isn't an uncommon reason to move clubs

Alexis left for regular football and I never disputed that or said anything wrong. What I was disputing was that Arsenal are a more attractive destination than Liverpool. Özil left because he felt disrespected and unimportant by Real Madrid. He was undisputedly the best in the world in his position at the time he left. He was their best player bar Ronaldo.

James Milner agrees to sign for Liverpool on free from Manchester City | Football | The Guardian

He joined Liverpool to play more. On what world would Arsenal put Milner on over 200k per week and pay him more than Özil and Alexis! He wouldn't be a starter in our midfield.

I know why he left City and why he signed.

But being as you have a lot more chance of success/ have a much bigger stadium/ much bigger fanbase/ are a much bigger deal in Europe/ and offered him a far bigger salary than the one he's currently enjoying; just HOW did you lose out to just a lack of games?

You asked who'd want to play for Liverpool over Arsenal. Shrugs.

I know why he left City and why he signed.

But being as you have a lot more chance of success/ have a much bigger stadium/ much bigger fanbase/ are a much bigger deal in Europe/ and offered him a far bigger salary than the one he's currently enjoying; just HOW did you lose out to just a lack of games?

You asked who'd want to play for Liverpool over Arsenal. Shrugs.

Skysports reported that we held talks and that was it. Since when did Arsenal offer him a far ****** salary?

Skysports reported that we held talks and that was it. Since when did Arsenal offer him a far ****** salary?

Since when is he getting 150 grand a week? He had a bigger offer on the table from Arsenal. Pity he's not foreign, or London may well of swung it. :$.

And enjoy the much bigger ground and better financial stability whilst you can the next few years as those arguments are soon coming to en end.

Since when is he getting 150 grand a week? He had a bigger offer on the table from Arsenal. Pity he's not foreign, or London may well of swung it. :$.

James Milner agrees to sign for Liverpool on free from Manchester City | Football | The Guardian

He was warning 150k per week at City. He took a pay cut to join Liverpool. He wanted regular first team football, which arsenal could never offer, plus his wages are way to high relative to his ability. If there was a much bigger offer (which is bs), then he would be our highest earner.

And enjoy the much bigger ground and better financial stability whilst you can the next few years as those arguments are soon coming to en end.

Arsenal have a much larger revenue than Liverpool and a larger ground wont make up that shortfall. Arsenal are rapidly expanding commercially and Liverpool won't be able to touch Arsenal in terms of financial power in the long term.

That's presuming you believe the figure in the article you keep positing on what he's now getting. ;).

But regardless, you asked who would join L'pool over Arsenal .....

I seriously hope you're trolling man.

Its either that or you just had a lobotomy.

You're not even biggest club in London, let alone England. Move along now.

I seriously hope you're trolling man.

Its either that or you just had a lobotomy.

You're not even biggest club in London, let alone England. Move along now.

I need to do. It's nearly half 2 in the morning and I've gotten into a stupid debate that's probably boring anyone else reading far more than even myself. Sorry for that.

I should of just shaken my head and given the (ridiculous) claims the response they deserved. None at all.

damola. We shall see you a week on Monday.

Barcelona's squad depth is virtually non existent. They use the same magic beans as Chelsea. They have no other strikers other than Suarez, and Pedro is their only backup out wide. They also only have 2 natural centre backs. PSG couldn't field a second 11 either. The only team that could is Bayern. Looking all round, the only area of the pitch where PSG are arguably better is striker (Cavani and Ibra).

Only left wing for second team is lacking.

Not sure whether you are talking about PSG first 11 or second. Their first 11 ****** all over Arsenal. Thiago Silva and David Luiz is better than whatever Arsenal can offer. Matuidi, Verratti are better than Arsenal midfield and now that they have added Di Maria their attack is better too.

Only left wing for second team is lacking.

Not sure whether you are talking about PSG first 11 or second. Their first 11 ****** all over Arsenal. Thiago Silva and David Luiz is better than whatever Arsenal can offer. Matuidi, Verratti are better than Arsenal midfield and now that they have added Di Maria their attack is better too.

In centre back, David Luiz is arguably not as good than what we have. Thiago Silva is a world class centre half definately. Are Matuidi and Verratti as good as Cazorla, Özil and Ramsey? I think not. Alexis Sanchez and Di Maria are quite comparible. Di Maria had one average season, however he still top class. The only position I can compromise is striker. Ibra and Cavani are a class above what we have.

In centre back, David Luiz is arguably not as good than what we have. Thiago Silva is a world class centre half definately. Are Matuidi and Verratti as good as Cazorla, Özil and Ramsey? I think not. Alexis Sanchez and Di Maria are quite comparible. Di Maria had one average season, however he still top class. The only position I can compromise is striker. Ibra and Cavani are a class above what we have.

It isn't about the inidividual ability of the centre-backs. Luiz and Silva work fantastically well as a unit which is partly why PSG shelled out close to £50m to partner Luiz with Silva

It isn't about the inidividual ability of the centre-backs. Luiz and Silva work fantastically well as a unit which is partly why PSG shelled out close to £50m to partner Luiz with Silva

Koscielny and Mertesacker had gone 2 years in the league without losing when starting together. When any of them are unavailable (particularly Koscielny) we are shambles at the back.

Matuidi and Verratti are better than Arsenal midfield, there is a reason why PSG are the only team who gave Barca run for their money and midfield went toe to toe and also out played Chelsea with only 10 players.

You overrate Arsenal players a lot, if anyone who never watched football reads your posts then they think you are talking about a team that won them all in last few years.

Back