The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
One word for this game as well as two previous. Disappointing.

Really need to make a purchase or two.

Oh I fully agree - the side is unbalanced currently because of it

Ramsey drifts inside, contributes to build up play and is very good in and around the box. This is the most balanced Arsenal side atm. If you watched us last season, you would know that. We are playing once a week at the early stage of the season, so rotating is pointless.

Ramsey drifts inside, contributes to build up play and is very good in and around the box. This is the most balanced Arsenal side atm. If you watched us last season, you would know that. We are playing once a week at the early stage of the season, so rotating is pointless.

You were not balanced at all, you were too narrow, lacked penetration.

Known all summer you need at least two signinga, striker and DM. Same mistakes every transfer window isn't it?

Obviously signings would be preferable, however they are hardly needed. A striker would be nice, however the squad seems fine as it is imo. You can't panic over a game. Coquelin and Cech literally saved us at the back today. Coquelin made more last itch interceptions and tackles th an I could count. This was a lot like Monaco last year, except we have a world class keeper this time around.

If you played 11 Mertesacker's you'd be balanced to hear you talk

Known all summer you need at least two signinga, striker and DM. Same mistakes every transfer window isn't it?

Yeah if you look at posts couple months ago I've been crying for those two.

Petr Cech MOTM and I think Gabriel was quite good and would like to see him start next to Koscielny.

Obviously signings would be preferable, however they are hardly needed. A striker would be nice, however the squad seems fine as it is imo. You can't panic over a game. Coquelin and Cech literally saved us at the back today. Coquelin made more last itch interceptions and tackles th an I could count. This was a lot like Monaco last year, except we have a world class keeper this time around.

No panic, but we are already 5 points behind City and aren't scoring goals.

You were not balanced at all, you were too narrow, lacked penetration.

We just weren't as sharp up top today. A fully fit Alexis and Giroud would have taken the chances. This is exactly the same team that won 4-1 last season barring central defenders and the keeper. Should those chances have been taken, we wouldn't be talking about a lack of width. The disallowed goal is another example of what Ramsey does from that role.

We need width, pace and trickery on the flanks with some good crosses for Giroud. Ramsey is much better in the middle, where he can make long passess and runs that help us break down teams.

Yeah if you look at posts couple months ago I've been crying for those two.

Petr Cech MOTM and I think Gabriel was quite good and would like to see him start next to Koscielny.

No offense, but wasn't it you who said we don't need a typical DM and wanted Vidal? Although it was probably damola from the sound of it.

Tbf, Ramsey needs to be dropped......it's baffling what Wenger sees in him playing wide. Ox deserves a proper run in the team.

We need width, pace and trickery on the flanks with some good crosses for Giroud. Ramsey is much better in the middle, where he can make long passess and runs that help us break down teams.

From January to May last season, we started pretty much the same team we played tonight and had the most points in Europe in the second half of the season. We also beat City and United away, as well as bash Liverpool 4-1 at home. This is a tried and tested lineup. 2 games doesn't change that.

No offense, but wasn't it you who said we don't need a typical DM and wanted Vidal? Although it was probably damola from the sound of it.

No I think I said that I would take WC player like Vidal over pure DM as we aren't going to get Busquets, Mascherano or like of that DM though I'd personally go right now and activate Krychowiak's RC.

I was all in for Schneiderlin. Coquelin was very decent today.

From January to May last season, we started pretty much the same team we played tonight and had the most points in Europe in the second half of the season. We also beat City and United away, as well as bash Liverpool 4-1 at home. This is a tried and tested lineup. 2 games doesn't change that.

For decades, fast players with flair are playing on the wing. One stubborn manager can't change that.

Seriously, Ox has been on fire, and we need to get crosses to Giroud and fast players to give Ozil more passing options, also more width to help us score more cuz we ain't scoring now.

The 4-1 you keep bringing up

You do realise we disgracefully went on our holidays as soon as the whistle went against Utd and stopped playing for the manager last year right the game before that? You had absolutely NOTTIN' to beat that day. As did nobody the last 8 or 9 games.

But regardless .....

Great games guys. We bossed the first. You came back into it the second. Terrible non-offside call. But to be fair it was REAL tight in real time. Woodwork struck. Excellent goalkeeping both ways. Top notch entertainment. THAT'S what you want as a fan.

We probably just about deserved it on chances but more than happy with a draw.

The 3 way battle for the top 4 (as I see it. Chelsea and City are out on their own IMHO) is going to be a great one this year.

As a bad/good experience this was for chambers, I really think he needs more game time so he can adapt to the centreback.

As a bad/good experience this was for chambers, I really think he needs more game time so he can adapt to the centreback.

Also most of the problems were caused by himself rather than opposition which is mostly down to being rusty. He will get better, but needs games.

For decades, fast players with flair are playing on the wing. One stubborn manager can't change that.

Seriously, Ox has been on fire, and we need to get crosses to Giroud and fast players to give Ozil more passing options, also more width to help us score more cuz we ain't scoring now.
Again, you can't really question such a tried and tested starting lineup that's been the most balanced seen in years. We have the same number of points as City at this stage.
The 4-1 you keep bringing up

You do realise we disgracefully went on our holidays as soon as the whistle went against Utd and stopped playing for the manager last year right the game before that? You had absolutely NOTTIN' to beat that day. As did nobody the last 8 or 9 games.

But regardless .....

Great games guys. We bossed the first. You came back into it the second. Terrible non-offside call. But to be fair it was REAL tight in real time. Woodwork struck. Excellent goalkeeping both ways. Top notch entertainment. THAT'S what you want as a fan.

We probably just about deserved it on chances but more than happy with a draw.

The 3 way battle for the top 4 (as I see it. Chelsea and City are out on their own IMHO) is going to be a great one this year.
After losing to United, that was arguably the second most important match of the season, where you wanted to keep top 4 hopes alive and bounce back. You were beaten by a much superior Arsenal side on the day. Looking at the squads and how we played last season, there is no reason why we aren't going to challenge for the title. On current squads, we ain't definate favourites, however I'm still optimistic that we can pip City .
His positioning was fine today, however he was out of sorts against Benteke today. He's definately a natural center back, however he has 6-7 years to develop. Gabriel player a few games last season and was excellent.

Back