The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
What happened to the deadline day kings who were working on a 'mystery signing' all summer according to great football agent Muzzie Ozcan that would win them league? Yeah thought as much ...

haha guy is probably even more unreliable then ******* and it tells everything needed.

haha guy is probably even more unreliable then ******* and it tells everything needed.

He's a legitimate football agent. he said that Arsenal were working on a player that would be the signing of the season if it went through weeks ago. There were no claims that a deal was anywhere near completed. It looks like clubs weren't prepared to sell transfer targets.

David Orstein @bbcsport_david:

"Very unlikely #AFC will make any signings today. Explored options but nothing was close and almost certainly no ins or outs now. #DeadlineDay"

Ouch, Arsenal have only spent like 10m this summer, even Chelsea who were the Champions last season have spent over £50m.

Pure incompetence and lack of ambition by Arsenal board and Wenger if you ask me. I actually feel bad for their fans.

Ouch, Arsenal have only spent like 10m this summer, even Chelsea who were the Champions last season have spent over £50m.

Pure incompetence and lack of ambition by Arsenal board and Wenger if you ask me. I actually feel bad for their fans.

To be fair to Wenger, when he has a WC player for most every position; and a second XI that could win the league; it must be hard to find a better calibre of talent to bring in .....

To be fair to Wenger, when he has a WC player for most every position; and a second XI that could win the league; it must be hard to find a better calibre of talent to bring in .....

.... Yes, perfect poster boy in Giroud as well, what more could he want?

He's a legitimate football agent. he said that Arsenal were working on a player that would be the signing of the season if it went through weeks ago. There were no claims that a deal was anywhere near completed. It looks like clubs weren't prepared to sell transfer targets.

Jesus that could be said for just about any big club. Chelsea were working on Pogba signing. United were working on Bale signing. City were also trying for Pogba. Madrid tried for De Gea. Any one of them would have been signings of the season if they went through

Seems like this guy just exploited the lack of news about arsenal chasing a big target and filled the vacuum with his misinformation getting you hooked

Moreover, the Cech transfer only happened because Cech pushed it through and initiated the whole thing himself by making his desire to join known to Arsenal and Roman was kind enough to let him go. If Chelsea had been more stubborn, god knows if Arsenal would even have signed a proper GK

Yet they still are behind and show no signs of quality.

I agree that lack of ambition is worrying, but spending for spendings sake isn't the right way to do it especially if we intend to keep being self sustainable. I'd be more worried if we started to spend 36 - 58 mil on a 19-year old.

Moreover, the Cech transfer only happened because Cech pushed it through and initiated the whole thing himself by making his desire to join known to Arsenal and Roman was kind enough to let him go. If Chelsea had been more stubborn, god knows if Arsenal would even have signed a proper GK

I doubt it, but Ospina was really good for us last season and relying on him would be no problem for me even if I'm glad we have Cech.

Yet they still are behind and show no signs of quality.

I agree that lack of ambition is worrying, but spending for spendings sake isn't the right way to do it especially if we intend to keep being self sustainable. I'd be more worried if we started to spend 36 - 58 mil on a 19-year old.

But they continue to try and invest into the squad regardless, being behind isn't exactly saying much after 4 games in the season. The squad problems will show over the course of a season and reflect on the results usually.

Meh, who would be worried about spending so much on a teenager when we have 0 net spend this summer and a 750m kit deal with **** loads of other sponsors. If he turns out the next big thing it will be a bargain because like you guys have tried, getting any top striker like Cavani will cost £50m. Benzema/Lewandowski/Muller probably similar, if not more.

Not saying it isn't a gamble, but there is some calculation to it in theory, with United's money it is a very small one in the scheme of things, rather than getting no one at all. Like you guys seem to be doing.

Honestly wasn't even having a dig at you, I was genuinely saying that I felt sorry for you. Highest season ticket prices in the league and yet you always show lack of ambition in every transfer window. Or leave it very late to make one big signing that appease the fans rather than thinking of the squad problems.

Last edited:
Jesus that could be said for just about any big club. Chelsea were working on Pogba signing. United were working on Bale signing. City were also trying for Pogba. Madrid tried for De Gea. Any one of them would have been signings of the season if they went through

Seems like this guy just exploited the lack of news about arsenal chasing a big target and filled the vacuum with his misinformation getting you hooked

Like your chelsea guy. Still waiting to see any paper picking up on ManUtd making bid for Stones.

Like your chelsea guy. Still waiting to see any paper picking up on ManUtd making bid for Stones.

Keep waiting then. No paper will report it because it's worthless now. Everton have made it clear they don't want to sell so no deadline day shenanigans. Mike also confirmed that United had registered an interest for Stones and asked to keep informed. United were also in the market for a CB. So that rumour is certainly far more plausible than Arsenal chasing some mystery player that no one even knows who

Keep waiting then. No paper will report it because it's worthless now. Everton have made it clear they don't want to sell so no deadline day shenanigans. Mike also confirmed that United had registered an interest for Stones and asked to keep informed. United were also in the market for a CB. So that rumour is certainly far more plausible than Arsenal chasing some mystery player that no one even knows who

Yeah, being interested is same as making bid.

No paper picks it up because it never happened and that troll just trolled few people.

I doubt it, but Ospina was really good for us last season and relying on him would be no problem for me even if I'm glad we have Cech.

Thats the point though. Like you wouldn't even have gotten Cech unless Cech pushed the move through ... It's fine relying on Ospina but every EPL winning team needs a quality GK like Cech

But they continue to try and invest into the squad regardless, being behind isn't exactly saying much after 4 games in the season. The squad problems will show over the course of a season and reflect on the results usually.

Meh, who would be worried about spending so much on a teenager when we have 0 net spend this summer and a 750m kit deal with **** loads of other sponsors. If he turns out the next big thing it will be a bargain because like you guys have tried, getting any top striker like Cavani will cost £50m. Benzema/Lewandowski/Muller probably similar, if not more.

Not saying it isn't a gamble, but there is some calculation to it in theory, with United's money it is a very small one in the scheme of things, rather than getting no one at all. Like you guys seem to be doing.

Honestly wasn't even having a dig at you, I was genuinely saying that I felt sorry for you. Highest season ticket prices in the league and yet you always show lack of ambition in every transfer window. Or leave it very late to make one big signing that appease the fans rather than thinking of the squad problems.

I didn't take it as dig neither did I try to make one in return.

For United the gamble on Martial is minor even if it feels like a panic buy. Still it's a gamble Arsenal couldn't afford without turning for Uzmanov for help.

Lack of ambition is really worrying and I feel the main culprit isn't even Wenger who's a competitor, but our American owner who seems to be content to hoard millions for Arsenal and use those cash reserves and Arsenal as collateral for his other ventures.

There's still time to make a transfer, but I feel it will be more of a Welbeck than Özil one if it happens and this is not to disrespect Welbeck who I actually like.

Thats the point though. Like you wouldn't even have gotten Cech unless Cech pushed the move through ... It's fine relying on Ospina but every EPL winning team needs a quality GK like Cech

There are many other goalkeepers and if Wenger believed that position was really a weakness he would have signed someone, but I actually think it was more about signing Cech than signing a goalkeeper. Only shame is that it was 12 years late.

Yeah, being interested is same as making bid.

No paper picks it up because it never happened and that troll just trolled few people.

Believe what you want. I already told you he is very reliable on CFC matters. No idea why you are so insistent on going on about a dead issue ....

Believe what you want. I already told you he is very reliable on CFC matters. No idea why you are so insistent on going on about a dead issue ....

Because it's ironic picking on that lad for believing some twitter guy.

Back