The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
All he said is that Arsenal were chasing a big player and Lord Harris confirmed this. Someone at the club told him that talks were under embargo and Benzema wasn't signing. He doesn't seem at the top end, but high enough to know a fair bit. He hasn't made any bold claims.

Oh come on mate, I could have made that claim by using common sense. All the big clubs are chasing major signings. It's very easy for me to sit at home and tweet that Chelsea are chasing a major signing in Pogba and gain the adulation of twitter. Color me impressed when he actually calls a signing before anyone even reports it otherwise he is just another one of those ITKs

I never claimed that football is top, however Arsenal is his biggest holding and if you pay attention, he visits most to all home games.

I still find it hard for him to attend from USA. He's not a regular visitor here and to visit most of home games a season would require odd 15-20 trips in a year.

He's not exactly an ambitious man either. If I remember correctly none of his teams are real contenders in their respective leagues. This is worrying as this shows that there will be no pressure from him towards Gazidis and Wenger to do better.

Wenger's priceless (no pun intended) isn't he?

' ..... There is more money in football clubs with more substantial resources and less available players' , said theArsenal coach who recruited only Cech this summer, while his rivals have brought in more players. 'This is a big problem. [...] It's simple, when you want to buy something, you'll see the owner and if he does not sell, he does not sell. You can not buy. In our business it is exactly the same. In Europe there are 15 clubs withenormous financial resources.'

Tell it to Rybolovlev Arsène, he didn't want to sell Martial until Utd made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Everything is for sale in this crazy football World Wenger. It's just a matter of how much. And you certainly now have the resources.

Enough with your tired, repeated excuses already.

Wenger's priceless (no pun intended) isn't he?

' ..... There is more money in football clubs with more substantial resources and less available players' , said theArsenal coach who recruited only Cech this summer, while his rivals have brought in more players. 'This is a big problem. [...] It's simple, when you want to buy something, you'll see the owner and if he does not sell, he does not sell. You can not buy. In our business it is exactly the same. In Europe there are 15 clubs withenormous financial resources.'

Tell it to Rybolovlev Arsène, he didn't want to sell Martial until Utd made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Everything is for sale in this crazy football World Wenger. It's just a matter of how much. And you certainly now have the resources.

Enough with your tired, repeated excuses already.

Everything has a price yes

And everyone has a limit.

Wenger has seen legendary footballers first hand, he isn't going to spend outrageous money on someone who doesn't justify it. These clubs with big budgets can afford to not sell players which drives the prices up.

Wenger has seen legendary footballers first hand, he isn't going to spend outrageous money on someone who doesn't justify it. These clubs with big budgets can afford to not sell players which drives the prices up.

What was wrong with Schneiderlin or Kondogbia?

Why didn't you go to the next bracket down in terms of strikers considering you needed one? I'm talking the ones who were actually available such as Jackson Martinez and Carlos Bacca. Not the world-class names but proven very good strikers who could of done a job at Arsenal as an alternative to Giroud.

Now you're just left short in key areas of the pitch if you ask me. Wenger makes these excuses every year and honestly I don't see how Arsenal fans are not tired of it?

See, I'd agree and even admire his stance if it wasn't for the fact he's not there to balance the books. He's there to put the best side together and win trophy's for Arsenal FC. Nothing more. Nothing less.

And his (and the club to a large extent over the past decade or so) reluctance to do that on experienced players has proven VERY costly to you. It's sadly the way of the World now that if you want to compete at the very top, you HAVE to spend whatever it takes. Both on fees and salary's.

To come out of this summer, having added the 'keeper you've been crying out for since Seaman (Lehman excepted), with NO additions in the glaringly weak areas is nothing shy of criminal. You must be SO frustrated as a supporter surely when the finances are there?

Instead you get his version of 'money ball' and (in all probability) another fruitless season with a domestic cup your best hope of success.

I like Wenger and admire his principles. But those same principles are consistently holding you back.

I'm pretty sure where I an Arsenal fan my patience with him would of LONG since worn thin by now.

Last edited:

I think the most telling statistic for me this summer is that Arsenal are the only team in Europe who haven't purchased on out-field player. In this day and age you just can't sit on your laurels and wait for the right player to come at the right price you deem necessary.

I think the most telling statistic for me this summer is that Arsenal are the only team in Europe who haven't purchased on out-field player. In this day and age you just can't sit on your laurels and wait for the right player to come at the right price you deem necessary.

SERIOUSLY?

Man alive, I never realised that. Good God is that damning!

SERIOUSLY?

Man alive, I never realised that. Good God is that damning!

It really is. What exactly is the club's excuse for the ticket prices nowadays? Emirates is paid off. There's no signings that needed funding. They've got shitload of cash in the bank just gathering dust. The **** is up with that.

It really is. What exactly is the club's excuse for the ticket prices nowadays? Emirates is paid off. There's no signings that needed funding. They've got shitload of cash in the bank just gathering dust. The **** is up with that.

Like most everything else in the PL, GREED!

Welbeck 'ruled out for months', who is your backup to Giroud now?

Decision to not sign a striker looks absolutely even more bonkers now.

Welbeck has missed more days through injury at Arsenal than he has in his past 5 seasons at United and Sunderland combined!

Convenient to announce it only after the transfer window shuts though

There is something wrong with Arsenal. Player out for weeks end up missing months.

Back