The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Because it's ironic picking on that lad for believing some twitter guy.

Who is clearly unreliable as Quasit confirmed whereas my source wasn't. You can go ask any reliable CFC fan who will tell you that Rob Beasley is close to the Mourinho camp. I already gave you enough evidence to which you agreed. Stop beating a dead horse for arguments sake

Who is clearly unreliable as Quasit confirmed whereas my source wasn't. You can go ask any reliable CFC fan who will tell you that Rob Beasley is close to the Mourinho camp. I already gave you enough evidence to which you agreed. Stop beating a dead horse for arguments sake

And I told you before he trolls his followers from time to time and he did that by reporting about Stones bid.

I didn't take it as dig neither did I try to make one in return.

For United the gamble on Martial is minor even if it feels like a panic buy. Still it's a gamble Arsenal couldn't afford without turning for Uzmanov for help.

Lack of ambition is really worrying and I feel the main culprit isn't even Wenger who's a competitor, but our American owner who seems to be content to hoard millions for Arsenal and use those cash reserves and Arsenal as collateral for his other ventures.

There's still time to make a transfer, but I feel it will be more of a Welbeck than Özil one if it happens and this is not to disrespect Welbeck who I actually like.

I agree about Martial, but I'd rather we signed someone than not address our striker issue at all. If he turns out no good then questions again have to be asked about our scouting and recruitment policy. I think we're due one turning out good, whether he will or not, time shall tell. People seem to know little about him.

Maybe Wenger will still pull one out of the bag.. this is D-Day after all.

I agree about Martial, but I'd rather we signed someone than not address our striker issue at all. If he turns out no good then questions again have to be asked about our scouting and recruitment policy. I think we're due one turning out good, whether he will or not, time shall tell. People seem to know little about him.

Maybe Wenger will still pull one out of the bag.. this is D-Day after all.

Nothing to do with united's scouting system if he turns out rubbish as plenty of other clubs rate him as well as journos etc etc.

On arsenal, i'd be shocked if they sign nobody.

One player and not a single outfield player. This is embarrassing even by Arsene Wenger standards.

And I told you before he trolls his followers from time to time and he did that by reporting about Stones bid.

Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. He is ahead of the media curve on things chelsea related. It took general media nearly one month to catch on to the fact that CFC board had not released funds when he had been saying it for the longest time

We got a couple prospects earlier in summer. Our team is stacked...would like a dm but there is no quality out there. Every club always wants a world class striker.

Just got to get our team confident and in form

Lack of ambition is really worrying and I feel the main culprit isn't even Wenger who's a competitor, but our American owner who seems to be content to hoard millions for Arsenal and use those cash reserves and Arsenal as collateral for his other ventures.

There's still time to make a transfer, but I feel it will be more of a Welbeck than Özil one if it happens and this is not to disrespect Welbeck who I actually like.
Stan Kronke has many other big spending sports ventures. He doesn't even own the whole club, nor can he just pull out money when he likes. The Stan Kronke stuff was just BS and irrelevant. If he wanted money, the last thing he would do is buy a football club.
One player and not a single outfield player. This is embarrassing even by Arsene Wenger standards.
Nothing embarrassing about signing a legendary keeper. Name a world-class striker we could sign.
We got a couple prospects earlier in summer. Our team is stacked...would like a dm but there is no quality out there. Every club always wants a world class striker.

Just got to get our team confident and in form

After losing out on Schneiderlin, there were no world class holding midfielders or strikers realistically available.

Stan Kronke has many other big spending sports ventures. He doesn't even own the whole club, nor can he just pull out money when he likes. The Stan Kronke stuff was just BS and irrelevant. If he wanted money, the last thing he would do is buy a football club.

Nothing embarrassing about signing a legendary keeper. Name a world-class striker we could sign.

After losing out on Schneiderlin, there were no world class holding midfielders or strikers realistically available.[/QUOTE]

Well done, you signed one player... Board/Wenger not helping Arsenal's cause in the slightest

Jesus that could be said for just about any big club. Chelsea were working on Pogba signing. United were working on Bale signing. City were also trying for Pogba. Madrid tried for De Gea. Any one of them would have been signings of the season if they went through

Seems like this guy just exploited the lack of news about arsenal chasing a big target and filled the vacuum with his misinformation getting you hooked

I don't believe BS twitter journos, however this guy is a genuine football agent. He never made an outlandish claim. He said that Arsenal are trying to work on a big deal in July. Since them he's said that Benzema won't be signing. There's been no outlandish claims.

After losing out on Schneiderlin, there were no world class holding midfielders or strikers realistically available.

Well done, you signed one player... Board/Wenger not helping Arsenal's cause in the slightest[/QUOTE]
World class strikers and holding midfielders don't fall out of the sky. PSG and Madrid didn't want to sell Cavani or Benzema and Napoli rejected 44 million for Higuain after we lost out on Schneiderlin.

He owns majority which is enough to use that as collateral to secure loans cheaply. He actually hasn't pulled any dividents out as he'd have to give Uzmanov also, but he has now once taken millions out as "consulting fees".

Price of Arsenal shares have gone up significantly since he bought those and if he wanted to sell would go on yet still. Now only thing keeping at the current level is because of stalemate with Uzmanov.

I don't believe BS twitter journos, however this guy is a genuine football agent. He never made an outlandish claim. He said that Arsenal are trying to work on a big deal in July. Since them he's said that Benzema won't be signing. There's been no outlandish claims.

Thats the thing though. He may be a genuine football agent but I am not sure how high he is on the totem pole and what he actually knows compared to what he claims he knows. You won't see proper top-tier agents like Jorge Mendes or Mino Raiola tweeting about their transfer dealings.

He reminds me of those people on twitter who are associated with football in some capacity but really not high enough to actually know what's going on. You know club employee who claims he has been asked to print hundreds of Chelsea Pogba shirts and that sort of thing

Well done, you signed one player... Board/Wenger not helping Arsenal's cause in the slightest
World class strikers and holding midfielders don't fall out of the sky. PSG and Madrid didn't want to sell Cavani or Benzema and Napoli rejected 44 million for Higuain after we lost out on Schneiderlin.[/QUOTE]

I've said on many occasions that I quite like Arsenal, and each year I think they'll close to challenging - then they do poorly in the transfer window whilst rivals strengthen and it's back to square one

Thats the thing though. He may be a genuine football agent but I am not sure how high he is on the totem pole and what he actually knows compared to what he claims he knows. You won't see proper top-tier agents like Jorge Mendes or Mino Raiola tweeting about their transfer dealings.

He reminds me of those people on twitter who are associated with football in some capacity but really not high enough to actually know what's going on. You know club employee who claims he has been asked to print hundreds of Chelsea Pogba shirts and that sort of thing

All he said is that Arsenal were chasing a big player and Lord Harris confirmed this. Someone at the club told him that talks were under embargo and Benzema wasn't signing. He doesn't seem at the top end, but high enough to know a fair bit. He hasn't made any bold claims.

He owns majority which is enough to use that as collateral to secure loans cheaply. He actually hasn't pulled any dividents out as he'd have to give Uzmanov also, but he has now once taken millions out as "consulting fees".

Price of Arsenal shares have gone up significantly since he bought those and if he wanted to sell would go on yet still. Now only thing keeping at the current level is because of stalemate with Uzmanov.

There are still lesser risky ways to make a profit than buy a football club. He didn't take 3 million out of the club exactly. They were for advisory services from one of his other companies. Remember that they are involved in 6 other sports teams and he's worth 6.4 billion. I don't think that he's in it for profit if a man who owns 7 sports teams takes 3 million quid for advisory services after a decade.

There are still lesser risky ways to make a profit than buy a football club. He didn't take 3 million out of the club exactly. They were for advisory services from one of his other companies. Remember that they are involved in 6 other sports teams and he's worth 6.4 billion. I don't think that he's in it for profit if a man who owns 7 sports teams takes 3 million quid for advisory services after a decade.

Yeah his personal holding company took it. He's worth 6,4 billion, but he's not exactly cash rich. Most of what he owns has been gotten through loan money. Also I think big part of his wealth is because of his wife who inherited quite a lot.

When he sells Arsenal he will be making easiest millions or even over billion he will ever make.

Yeah his personal holding company took it. He's worth 6,4 billion, but he's not exactly cash rich. Most of what he owns has been gotten through loan money. Also I think big part of his wealth is because of his wife who inherited quite a lot.

When he sells Arsenal he will be making easiest millions or even over billion he will ever make.

That's why he's worth 6.4 billion. If he had no debt, he would be worth alot more. The company he went to isn't his holding company. It's a completely separate entity I think. The selling Arsenal shares is a big if. He's a genuine sports fan that visits every Arsenal home game and owns 6 other sports teams. You are right that he'd make loads of his shares. Arsenal are worth 1.3 Billion quid.

That's why he's worth 6.4 billion. If he had no debt, he would be worth alot more. The company he went to isn't his holding company. It's a completely separate entity I think. The selling Arsenal shares is a big if. He's a genuine sports fan that visits every Arsenal home game and owns 6 other sports teams. You are right that he'd make loads of his shares. Arsenal are worth 1.3 Billion quid.

Now you are actually talking out of your ***. Last season he attended one league game and FA Cup final. He is a sports fan, but football or soccer to him isn't on top.

Now you are actually talking out of your ***. Last season he attended one league game and FA Cup final. He is a sports fan, but football or soccer to him isn't on top.

I never claimed that football is top, however Arsenal is his biggest holding and if you pay attention, he visits most to all home games.

Back