The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Who cares how much he earns? (Which is around 80k as he's on par with Wilshere)

Most disturbing fact is that we've now went into season with one recognized lamp post sorry striker... Which is something Wenger knew and still decided not to sign a forward.

If we don't compete for the league and progress further in CL Wenger has no excuses and should quit IMO.

Doesn't matter what welbeck earns, what matters is that he isn't very good.

Most disturbing fact is that we've now went into season with one recognized lamp post sorry striker... Which is something Wenger knew and still decided not to sign a forward.

If we don't compete for the league and progress further in CL Wenger has no excuses and should quit IMO.

Unless he retires through old-age I can't see that happening. It's not like he has left within the last 10 seasons when he has finished 4th.

We should have bout Anthony Martial? I don't see the point of buying a striker for the sake of it, unless he meets are criteria. There wasn't a decision not to sign a striker,but the aim was to sign a world class one. Realistically, those teams were never going to sell.
Doesn't matter what welbeck earns, what matters is that he isn't very good.
Welbeck is paid £115,000 an over inflated per week, however to suggest he isn't very good is rediculous. He isn't the most clinical player, however his all round play and work rate is solid.

On more serious note, is Girud injured as well? That would leave Arsenal as Walcott as a striker. Can't be that bad?

from what i saw in his last outing, they better give sanogo a chance
He can't hold a ball up to save his life. Looks like we'll hope that Giroud keeps up his excellent fitness record until January and we'll probably loan someone like Zaza until the end of the season, where well get our striker fix.

We should have bout Anthony Martial? I don't see the point of buying a striker for the sake of it, unless he meets are criteria. There wasn't a decision not to sign a striker,but the aim was to sign a world class one. Realistically, those teams were never going to sell.

Now you have one maybe two... Giroud. The only other is a youngster anyway in the name of Joel Campbell.

At the end of the day I don't see why you would only target 'world-class' when you didn't have intentions to pay the price. If you wanted Cavani or Benzema you were going to pay £50m minimum.

You should of targeted players from a bracket lower, because now you are lacking strikers.

Dybala went to Juventus for £23.5m

Dzeko went on loan to Roma.

PSG were willing to sell Ibrahimovic for the right price.

Carlos Bacca was sold for £21m.

Lacazette at Lyon. United prized away Martial so why couldn't you of done the same for Lacazette if you really wanted a striker?

Jackson Martinez sold this summer for £25m.

There is plenty of options this summer to get a striker if you really wanted one but fact is, you didn't want to pay the money to get the top strikers so you should of got a slightly lower-bracket like some I've mentioned above who have moved this summer. Players like Bacca and Martinez are not world-class, but they would still improve Arsenal squad well.

There's quite a lot of strikers in between Martial and world class striker like Benzema who we could have signed.

There is plenty of options this summer to get a striker if you really wanted one but fact is, you didn't want to pay the money to get the top strikers so you should of got a slightly lower-bracket like some I've mentioned above who have moved this summer. Players like Bacca and Martinez are not world-class, but they would still improve Arsenal squad well.

To be fair, the same can be said about Manchester United, none of ur strikers has even scored a goal yet... or even come close.

To be fair, the same can be said about Manchester United, none of ur strikers has even scored a goal yet... or even come close.

What does that have anything to do with Arsenal not signing a striker? Say what you like but United have tried to address their issues by signing a striker in Martial. Over-paid price yes but even Thierry Henry says you have to take that gamble in this market.

What does that have anything to do with Arsenal not signing a striker? Say what you like but United have tried to address their issues by signing a striker in Martial. Over-paid price yes but even Thierry Henry says you have to take that gamble in this market.

It's the fact that Manchester United could of also targeted a striker from a lower bracket and instead gone for an unproven 19 year old. It's evident that Manchester United also needed a striker, so what's their excuse? I'm not defending Arsenal in the slightest but surely something does not add up...

It's the fact that Manchester United could of also targeted a striker from a lower bracket and instead gone for an unproven 19 year old. It's evident that Manchester United also needed a striker, so what's their excuse? I'm not defending Arsenal in the slightest but surely something does not add up...

United have got a striker though, it doesn't matter if he is young or not, the matter is that our board has tried to improve the squad by signing him. We may of wanted Martial all a long anyway, only in the last few weeks did he become available when Monaco went out of CL.

Arsenal's board is happy to do nothing if a player is over-priced by their valuation and not sign anyone, even though it leaves the squad short.

United have got a striker though, it doesn't matter if he is young or not, the matter is that our board has tried to improve the squad by signing him. We may of wanted Martial all a long anyway, only in the last few weeks did he become available when Monaco went out of CL.

Arsenal's board is happy to do nothing if a player is over-priced by their valuation and not sign anyone, even though it leaves the squad short.

Monaco demanded 30mil euros from Martial at start of summer from Spurs and was it Inter who were also interested.

Monaco demanded 30mil euros from Martial at start of summer from Spurs and was it Inter who were also interested.

That wasn't true, transfer BS as its finest. No way was Monaco ever offering away their star young talent for 30m euros in this market. They didn't even want to sell him, they admitted that themselves.

Back