The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Arsenal's board is happy to do nothing if a player is over-priced by their valuation and not sign anyone, even though it leaves the squad short.

Indeed. With Coquelin they're going to burn him out or he'll get injured and Welbeck (who actually scored all of 4 EPL goals last season btw) being injured for long they ve got Giroud with nobody (ok Campbell?!) as back up.

This happens every year. **** are within touching distance from having a squad that can challenge for the EPL at least -something that everybody sees and acknowledges except from Whinger and/or the board and some of **** supporters though their number is dwindling by the season.

It would be a shame if it werent so side splittingly funny. "Predicting" the trajectory of ****'s season every time is like shooting fish in a barrel as a result.

Not to mention I believe Martial signed a contract for Monaco in June until 2019. So why would they want to offer him to other clubs a month later? Let alone for 30m euros in this market.

Arsene Wenger is questioning it because he is the only manager in the big 5 leagues not to sign an outfield player and his fans want to know why, so he deflects.

Arsene Wenger is questioning it because he is the only manager in the big 5 leagues not to sign an outfield player and his fans want to know why, so he deflects.

The fact that they knew Welbeck was going to be out for months and still did nothing is just plain insulting to the fans.

Make no bones about it, I am not digging at Arsenal at all here, in fact I quite like them as a club. I just find it outrageous how they can continue to do this in the transfer market with all their financial muscle now and still charge so much to the fans in terms of season ticket prices. They are mugging the fans plain and simple, it's not on.

The fact that they knew Welbeck was going to be out for months and still did nothing is just plain insulting to the fans.

Make no bones about it, I am not digging at Arsenal at all here, in fact I quite like them as a club. I just find it outrageous how they can continue to do this in the transfer market with all their financial muscle now and still charge so much to the fans in terms of season ticket prices. They are mugging the fans plain and simple, it's not on.
Wenger is obsessed with the perfect signing. anything less and he walks away Unless you are willing to pay the kind of money Arsenal hate spending, that is not going to happen. The inability to adapt and compromise has long hurt Arsenal

Wenger is obsessed with the perfect signing. anything less and he walks away Unless you are willing to pay the kind of money Arsenal hate spending, that is not going to happen. The inability to adapt and compromise has long hurt Arsenal

This.

Not only player who needs to be right for him, but also the fee.

This.

Why is he so bothered though? It's not HIS money that is being spent. Or does he just want to use it as a convenient excuse when his team fails to challenge by blaming the City and Chelsea's of the world for buying the title

Why is he so bothered though? It's not HIS money that is being spent. Or does he just want to use it as a convenient excuse when his team fails to challenge by blaming the City and Chelsea's of the world for buying the title

It's not his money, but its still money he has largely made for the club so that may be the reason why he's so hesitant with it.

There's also still the Emirates loan and we don't know how much the club needs to keep stashed as per agreement.

Personally i think there is now two ways to move forward:

1) Continue like this, but slash ticket prices heavily. Invest and focus on youth

2) If you cant beat them become them. We have an oligarch of our own owning 30% of the club. We need to use that asset better as he has often said he would be open for investment. He could pay off remaining debt of Emirates freeing 20mil a year in debt payments for example.

Does Sanchez has any international games? Or he can rest these two weeks?
He is the only hope to get top. Must have 20+goals and 10+ assists season.

Has friendly against Paraguay tomorrow.

This.

Waiting for the right fee is not always good for the club. Sometimes you have to over pay to get the player who will improve the team short or long term.

Wenger lost Ronaldo because of few millions and ended up regretting. Kenyon ****** up Ronaldinho deal to save 2 Million. Sometimes getting the player is more important than few million in the bank.

Same old same old. Ramsey on the wing again with Ox on the bench and Walcott against Geoff Cameron will be interesting.

It's not his money, but its still money he has largely made for the club so that may be the reason why he's so hesitant with it.

There's also still the Emirates loan and we don't know how much the club needs to keep stashed as per agreement.

Personally i think there is now two ways to move forward:

1) Continue like this, but slash ticket prices heavily. Invest and focus on youth

2) If you cant beat them become them. We have an oligarch of our own owning 30% of the club. We need to use that asset better as he has often said he would be open for investment. He could pay off remaining debt of Emirates freeing 20mil a year in debt payments for example.
Arsenal have no net debt. This means that an oligarch won't make much of a difference, as Arsenal have the cashflow to structurally spend £60+ million net per season. There are still limits as to how much he can invest, which is barely above negligible for a club of Arsenal's financial strength.

Ticket prices aren't going to be slashed because there are 44,000 people on the season ticket waiting list and the demand is so big that there's no reason for them to cut prices unfortunately. It's the simple concept of supply and demand.

Arsene Wenger has no problems spending money, looking at the past 3 years. I don't think that it's reasonable to expect a Martial-type signing at this moment.

Waiting for the right fee is not always good for the club. Sometimes you have to over pay to get the player who will improve the team short or long term.

Wenger lost Ronaldo because of few millions and ended up regretting. Kenyon ****** up Ronaldinho deal to save 2 Million. Sometimes getting the player is more important than few million in the bank.
Arsenal nearly had a finance crisis related to building the Emirates Stadium, because we struggled to finance the stadium. At the time we bid for Ronaldo, it was revealed that Arsenal were days away from failing to pay staff and players. It was a last-minute property deal that saved our arses.

~http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-invincibles-were-within-days-6413388

Butland having a great game, without him and with more precision we should be 5 up.

I'm happy that we won convincingly today. Our performances this season had been lacklustre so far. We just need to gain ground on City due to the 5 point gap.

good win, both walcott and giroud needed that goal. confidence booster

Back