The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Jack Wilshere is to undergo an operation to his left fibula

3 months out. With probably one more getting fit i guess, that means he's out until January. So yeah, this is probably not gonna be "Jack's season".

Also, I noticed, like with Welbeck's injury, we're waiting with operation until it's inevitable. Like our medical team is waiting for a miracle to happen and it does not. So, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really see into injuries, but wouldn't it be better to operate right away then to wait few weeks/months and than operate anyway? Seems to me that club is really naive and hopes all injuries are just gonna heal like they expect them to.

Jack Wilshere is to undergo an operation to his left fibula

3 months out. With probably one more getting fit i guess, that means he's out until January. So yeah, this is probably not gonna be "Jack's season".

Also, I noticed, like with Welbeck's injury, we're waiting with operation until it's inevitable. Like our medical team is waiting for a miracle to happen and it does not. So, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really see into injuries, but wouldn't it be better to operate right away then to wait few weeks/months and than operate anyway? Seems to me that club is really naive and hopes all injuries are just gonna heal like they expect them to.

Always best if it heals naturally as with every operation there is risks involved.

It might be bad to say this, but we don't actually need Wilshere that much anymore. Welbeck's injury is far bigger hit to us imo.

Unsure about the lineup today. Would honestly prefer to do well and field a strong XI against the weaker teams.

If we fail to win this, we can forget trying to top our champions league group.

Stupid challenge and a fit of petulance. What a way to get sent off, you guys must be furious.

What is going on? Anyone watching?

Arsenal are *****, worse than united and city.

Good bye top 4 and hello top 3 once germany and/or italy jump us in the rankings, well done english sides you bag of shites and that goes for the europa lot who can never be assed with it.

Basically we went down to ten men and conceded two goals and its history from there on.
The team still should be wiping their arses with Dynamo Zagreb, with 10 men. The display was disgraceful all round. The difference between Bayern and us at this stage of the Champions League is that there's no room for complacency at this stage. Watch as Bayern roll Zagbreb over 4-5-6 nil home and away. We may nick a win against Bayern, however it wouldn't count for nothing because we keep shooting ourselves in the foot in these sorts of game. It wasn't even a huge, high pressure game. We were expected to turn up and roll over Zagreb comfortably. All we've done is hand over the group to Bayern after 90 minutes. After his performances recently and Giroud's lack of discipline tonight, Walcott will surely get a run up top.

Good bye top 4 and hello top 3 once germany and/or italy jump us in the rankings, well done english sides you bag of shites and that goes for the europa lot who can never be assed with it.

Yeah arsenal were bad, we actually did alright with just 10 men and without Giroud on the pitch, United were also bad and City actually did the worse of the bunch. However, your still right about english clubs always doing *****.

Premier League clubs are nowhere near losing the 4th place spot if you've looked at coefficient rankings. Germany have already overtaken England and Italy are so far off England, that the 4th place spot isn't under huge threat at the moment.

Premier League clubs are nowhere near losing the 4th place spot if you've looked at coefficient rankings. Germany have already overtaken England and Italy are so far off England, that the 4th place spot isn't under huge threat at the moment.

Keep thinking that, wouldn't be surprised if only 2-3 make it through from both comps this year and next season won't be no different because in europe the managers and players are well behind, especially tactically wenger, rodgers and manuel pelle are laughable.

It's safe for now.

Keep thinking that, wouldn't be surprised if only 2-3 make it through from both comps this year and next season won't be no different because in europe the managers and players are well behind, especially tactically wenger, rodgers and manuel pelle are laughable.

It's safe for now.
Arsene Wenger's record in Europe hasn't been bad over the past few years apart from the game against Monaco. We should beat Olympiakos and Zagreb to second in the group. Chelsea can't really fail to qualify. United will at least stumble across looking at their group. I also expect City to bounce back and qualify over Sevilla (just) and Monchengladbach.

It would be ignorant to say that the English clubs are terrible compared to our European counterparts. Surely United are better than PSV and Arsenal are better than Zagreb? City are tactically very poor and lack game planning, as we saw against an arguably inferior Juve side in terms of personnel. United don't look very cohesive in attack and are struggling to create and score goals. With us, it's not like we lack Champions League game planning and no how. Arsene Wenger has managed as many champions league games as anyone. We've beaten teams like Bayern and Dortmund in recent years. There's too much room for complacency and we start too slowly. It was the same against Anderlecht, Schalke, Olympiakos etc that we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot. I have no clue of which Arsenal will turn up on Sunday. That says a lot.

It's safe for now.

Oh man, if they were laughable. It's not even funny anymore. Honestly, I'm tired of seeing the same **** every year. Every year, we **** up easy match(es) in our group, that puts us 2nd, that means tough draw, the team ***** themselves and loses first knockout match, comes close in 2nd but can't quite do it.

I'm not even looking forward to this season, I have watched just 2 matches so far and they've both been quite bad.

Oh man, if they were laughable. It's not even funny anymore. Honestly, I'm tired of seeing the same **** every year. Every year, we **** up easy match(es) in our group, that puts us 2nd, that means tough draw, the team ***** themselves and loses first knockout match, comes close in 2nd but can't quite do it.

I'm not even looking forward to this season, I have watched just 2 matches so far and they've both been quite bad.
Looking at squad strength, we should be making at least the quarter finals with maybe the odd lucky push to the semis, however we always bottle it against smaller teams. I'm fine if we're knocked out by Real Madrid, Barca or Bayern, however at least win the easy matches to give yourself a chance to compete. We always **** up against these sort of wins. I'm getting sick of the same old, same old each year. How can we batter a good Stoke side, then play this **** 4 days later?

It's safe for now.

Might not be safe for much longer, as both Inter and Milan have new ownership and they might be making a comeback in a year or two. And I'll bet you anything, if they actually get the squads up to par, it won't be taking them City's 5+ years to stop sucking in Europe.

Might not be safe for much longer, as both Inter and Milan have new ownership and they might be making a comeback in a year or two. And I'll bet you anything, if they actually get the squads up to par, it won't be taking them City's 5+ years to stop sucking in Europe.
INTER and Milan have new owners, however they will NEVER compete with premier league clubs in terms of resources. There isn't one world class player between Milan and Inter. They don't have the resources to compete with Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and even Spurs financially. One or two owners aren't going to give then a huge revival. Milan didn't even qualify for Europe this year. Looking at the recruitment and resources available to English clubs, the poor European performances for the past 3-4 years look nothing more than a blip.

INTER and Milan have new owners, however they will NEVER compete with premier league clubs in terms of resources. There isn't one world class player between Milan and Inter. They don't have the resources to compete with Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and even Spurs financially. One or two owners aren't going to give then a huge revival. Milan didn't even qualify for Europe this year. Looking at the recruitment and resources available to English clubs, the poor European performances for the past 3-4 years look nothing more than a blip.

It all depends how rich those owners are. Just look at PSG.
Also what will be attracting to those players will be that they are in Italy and will always play for the title and be garantueed for CL football.

INTER and Milan have new owners, however they will NEVER compete with premier league clubs in terms of resources. .

They don't need to compete in terms of resources. They can just beat you on the pitch, which shouldn't bee too hard considering you can't even beat champions of Croatia.

There isn't one world class player between Milan and Inter.

By your definition of world class, the whole serie A and serie B are world class.

One or two owners aren't going to give then a huge revival.

Depends on how much money they have.

Looking at the recruitment and resources available to English clubs, the poor European performances for the past 3-4 years look nothing more than a blip.

You keep looking at the resources, the rest of the planet will continue looking at the results.

You keep looking at the resources, the rest of the planet will continue looking at the results.

Well yeah, because in "unused resources laying in bank" table, Arsenal is at the very top ;)

Back