The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Inter won the ******* champions League a few years ago.

Just because they are down does not mean they are out. Those clubs have a lot of history, passionate fans, and a large beautiful city behind them.

INTER and Milan have new owners, however they will NEVER compete with premier league clubs in terms of resources.....

You may well be surprised when Mr Bee's investment is official at the end of the month. Their projections for extra marketing revenue alone in Far East alone are for an extra £ 73 million a year.

He isn't the new owner BTW. The Berlusconi family still have the controlling interest. Bee is just the main partner who'll have a 48% stake. But he's bringing SERIOUS wealth to the table he's more than willing to invest. Along with his expertise in the Far East to grow the brand.

Milan will be major players again over the coming years.

It all depends how rich those owners are. Just look at PSG.
Also what will be attracting to those players will be that they are in Italy and will always play for the title and be garantueed for CL football.
Milan and Inter haven't played in the CL for years.
They don't need to compete in terms of resources. They can just beat you on the pitch, which shouldn't bee too hard considering you can't even beat champions of Croatia.

By your definition of world class, the whole serie A and serie B are world class.

Depends on how much money they have.

You keep looking at the resources, the rest of the planet will continue looking at the results.
It's absolutely stupid to refer to one shocker against Dinamo Zagreb. That's as stupid as me saying that Bradford are the best in England because they beat Chelsea last season. Mr Bee could barely scrape together enough to buy the football club. Mr Bee is nowhere near rich enough. His whole family have revenues of only £64 million. He has external creditors. Money is nothing more than a standard of deferred payment. The English TV deal is going to cause even more inflation, so Mr Bee's 'investment' looks even more risky by the day.

Sarcastically suggesting that I apparently have no clue as to what constitutes world-class counts to nothing more than pseudo intelligence.
Well yeah, because in "unused resources laying in bank" table, Arsenal is at the very top ;)
Over 4x higher gate receipts, a £500 million stadium, a much better performing playing squad and much better infrastructure. My point was that Premier League clubs have huge amounts of resources that realistically prevent Italy from posing a realistically huge long term threat to a champions league place.
Inter won the ******* champions League a few years ago.

Just because they are down does not mean they are out. Those clubs have a lot of history, passionate fans, and a large beautiful city behind them.
Unfortunately, 5 years is a long time in football and the clubs don't have the resources compared to their other European counterparts. They won't reach the heights of the past. They are stuck with old stadiums and infrastructure due to lessened economic activity and austerity. The new stadium they're building will have a 48,000 capacity and Milan's max gate receipts would barely be half of United and Arsenal's. This makes financing them a huge issues. Big clubs need big stadiums to sustain commercial growth.

Last edited:
You may well be surprised when Mr Bee's investment is official at the end of the month. Their projections for extra marketing revenue alone in Far East alone are for an extra £ 73 million a year.

He isn't the new owner BTW. The Berlusconi family still have the controlling interest. Bee is just the main partner who'll have a 48% stake. But he's bringing SERIOUS wealth to the table he's more than willing to invest. Along with his expertise in the Far East to grow the brand.

Milan will be major players again over the coming years.
Unfortunately, Mr Bee has admitted that he has external creditors funding the purchase of his 48% stake. His family aren't rich relative to this situation at all. I can't see how they're going to turn over an extra £15 million a year let alone £73. Clubs like Man City are far stronger commercially and have a far stronger global brand. Their only saving grace is their new stadium.

Unfortunately, Mr Bee has admitted that he has external creditors funding the purchase of his 48% stake. His family aren't rich relative to this situation at all. I can't see how they're going to turn over an extra £15 million a year let alone £73. Clubs like Man City are far stronger commercially and have a far stronger global brand. Their only saving grace is their new stadium.

No new revelation there. He's not alone in the investment. He's just heading as the principle investor. Milan will be in a far stronger position over the next few years.

But if your seriously attesting a club like City has a 'far stronger global brand' than Milan do I seriously do not know what to tell you.

But hey, they may well now be staying at the San Siro so that helps with the narrative.

No new revelation there. He's not alone in the investment. He's just heading as the principle investor. Milan will be in a far stronger position over the next few years.

But if your seriously attesting a club like City has a 'far stronger global brand' than Milan do I seriously do not know what to tell you.

But hey, they may well now be staying at the San Siro so that helps with the narrative.
http://www.statista.com/statistics/234493/football-clubs-in-europe-by-brand-value/
The brand value is a positive statement, therefore it's a fact. Football has become an untapped market in developing countries such as China, so European clubs are trying to establish their brands in these countries in an attempt for high commercial growth.

The issue with the San Siro is that Milan don't get to keep all of the gate receipts since the stadiums are state owned. Their average attendance is only 40,000 (less than half of the San Siro's capacity). City have higher average attendances. Italian clubs desperately need their new stadiums.

You can put up whatever you like. City is nowhere near as big a brand as Milan on a World wide scene.

I know exactly what the issue is with the San Siro ta. But they still may well now not be moving.

You can put up whatever you like. City is nowhere near as big a brand as Milan on a World wide scene.

I know exactly what the issue is with the San Siro ta. But they still may well now not be moving.
Milan have more 'supporters' worldwide, however City have an overall larger brand. that's pretty much fact Scouse. These market researchers spend millions to conduct this research.

Commerical income - City 166 million, Milan 74 million

Commercial income is a huge indicator of brand value.

This officiating is a farce. Diego Costa's behaviour is an absolute joke. What a disgusting personality.

This officiating is a farce. Diego Costa's behaviour is an absolute joke. What a disgusting personality.

Biting people takes a crazy person. Behaving like Costa takes a calculating psychopath.

If Walcott wants to be a striker he really needs to tighten up his game. His pace is by far his greatest asset, yet he seems determined to hang off the shoulder of the last defender at every opportunity. I mean, he could just not walk that delicate line and still beat the majority of defenders to the ball but he seems determined to be caught offside as much as physically possible.

Arsenal down to 9. At least that yellow was correct, but this match is a joke.

Biting people takes a crazy person. Behaving like Costa takes a calculating psychopath.

We got off easy, at least he's not hurting anybody. He could choose a career of a priest or school teacher.

What an obsolute joke of game. Diego Costa is also an obsolute joke too.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I have no problem with players slightly bending the rules to their teams advantage, however Diego Costa took it too far today.

Got to say, that was pretty ridiculous. Costa should get a retrospective ban, though whilst the red on Gabriel was harsh, I doubt that will be overturned. Cazorla can't really complain though.

Costa should be suspended. I saw 2 red cards in 10 seconds from him. A 3rd if you count him grabbing Gabriels neck.

If not then the ref crew should lose their game pay or be suspended for not watching.

Back