The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
cannot see you going through now at all, Bayern will be just too strong.
We can definitely do a job at home, however this is probably one of the worst Arsenal European performances I've ever seen.
Sorry man. Wengers a complete ***. Maybe if you do indeed sit at 0-4 after the Munich back-to-backs it might wake up the Arsenal board to stop letting him just settle for top 4 and no more.
It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Arsenal and Arsene Wenger are just happy to settle for top 4. This is about shocking performances in Europe by experienced international players, such as dropping the ball at a corner and conceding at kick off. The games against Bayern haven't even been played yet.

Who still doesn't believe that Ospina isn't a good enough first choice. That's about his 7th error leading to a goal in half a season and two champions league games. I've said below that his handling is below par.

That's okay, at least the rest of your clearly World Class squad is up to the challenge.

Not only is this bad for us, it is also bad for the clubs consistently finish outside of the top 3

Fixed that for you.

I mean, no one wants us to drop that spot but the fact that it's (currently) most likely to screw over Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal is considerable consolation.

We can definitely do a job at home, however this is probably one of the worst Arsenal European performances I've ever seen.

It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Arsenal and Arsene Wenger are just happy to settle for top 4. This is about shocking performances in Europe by experienced international players, such as dropping the ball at a corner and conceding at kick off. The games against Bayern haven't even been played yet.

Even if you manage to sneak a win at home (which I really do not think will happen), you would still have to win in Greece and better this result (think I am right in saying h2h decides placings). TBF you may get lucky and Olympiacos vs dynamo games end in draws but it is a massive uphill battle now.

Fixed that for you.

I mean, no one wants us to drop that spot but the fact that it's (currently) most likely to screw over Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal is considerable consolation.
Roma lost 3-2 at home to BATE....
By the way, we finished third last season.

Roma lost 3-2 at home to BATE....
By the way, we finished third last season.

I know you did, but out of Chelsea, United, City and you, you're the odd ones out in terms of how many boatloads of cash you will throw at the problem to ensure you stay top 3.

It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Arsenal and Arsene Wenger are just happy to settle for top 4.....

Where yer been the last decade when he's done exactly that? Only to make an even bigger mockery of it by crashing out the first knockout stage most every year in Europe.

Keep on burying that head in the sand my man. And Wenger will keep on delivering for yer.

But hey, think of all the money you have sloshing around in the coffers right? ;).

I know you did, but out of Chelsea, United, City and you, you're the odd ones out in terms of how many boatloads of cash you will throw at the problem to ensure you stay top 3.
That's a very hypothetical statement.

Where yer been the last decade when he's done exactly that? Only to make an even bigger mockery of it by crashing out the first knockout stage most every year in Europe.

Keep on burying that head in the sand my man. And Wenger will keep on delivering for yer.

But hey, think of all the money you have sloshing around in the coffers right? ;).
Taking a comment years ago from when the club was under financial constraints. The performance tonight was a joke, however your comment was totally illogical and has nothing to do with tonight's events. Fact is, the team put out should be beating Zagreb and Olympiakos.

Taking a comment years ago from when the club was under financial constraints. The performance tonight was a joke, however your comment was totally illogical and has nothing to do with tonight's events. Fact is, the team put out should be beating Zagreb and Olympiakos.

It is only illogical to those that blindly back a clown of a manager who LONG since had his day at Arsenal.

How's that sand looking?

fact is you didn't and this isn't the first time you have made it hard for yourselves in the CL, and the arrogance of you to say you shoulh be beating them LOL.

It is only illogical to those that blindly back a clown of a manager who LONG since had his day at Arsenal.

How's that sand looking?
That's your opinion. You've just totally backtracked on you illogical statement when you suggested that Arsene Wenger doesn't care about anything other than 4th place. I fully expect Arsenal to sort this out.

fact is you didn't and this isn't the first time you have made it hard for yourselves in the CL, and the arrogance of you to say you shoulh be beating them LOL.
So a team of established international footballers that make the last 16 each year from a nation with co-efficient rankings over twice as high as Greece shouldn't be beating Olympiakos at home? There is no arrogance there's a huge gulf between the teams and this is a game we should be winning.

That's your opinion. You've just totally backtracked on you illogical statement when you suggested that Arsene Wenger doesn't care about anything other than 4th place. I fully expect Arsenal to sort this out.

*Top 4 place.

If your going to talk bollocks in a vain attempt to climb out of this self made hole, at least be accurate with it.

'Backtracked' indeed.

So a team of established international footballers that make the last 16 each year from a nation with co-efficient rankings over twice as high as Greece shouldn't be beating Olympiakos at home? There is no arrogance there's a huge gulf between the teams and this is a game we should be winning.

Coefficients mean jack ****, at the end of the day it is 11 vs 11, and they will have played this like a cup final, add into that your unbalanced squad and people probably having the same attitude as you that you should just be rolling these teams over with ease, then yeah I can see quite easily why things are unravelling at the emirates. One day you will take off your gooner specs, football doesn't work like that, I can suggest a few books I am reading ATM that changed my view of the game if you would like.

*Top 4 place.

If your going to talk bollocks in a vain attempt to climb out of this self made hole, at least be accurate with it.

'Backtracked' indeed.
An extremely negligible error still doesn't change my point. When people refer to Arsenal and the champions league, they commonly referred to the 4th spot. The performance tonight was disgraceful, however it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Arsene Wenger is satisfied by just making the top 4.

An extremely negligible error still doesn't change my point. When people refer to Arsenal and the champions league, they commonly referred to the 4th spot. The performance tonight was disgraceful, however it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Arsene Wenger is satisfied by just making the top 4.

You bury that head any deeper you'll be coming up in Australia .....

Coefficients mean jack ****, at the end of the day it is 11 vs 11, and they will have played this like a cup final, add into that your unbalanced squad and people probably having the same attitude as you that you should just be rolling these teams over with ease, then yeah I can see quite easily why things are unravelling at the emirates. One day you will take off your gooner specs, football doesn't work like that, I can suggest a few books I am reading ATM that changed my view of the game if you would like.
League coefficients do mean something because European places are awarded because of them and they take into account European performances of a club from a particular nation. So I'm arrogant to suggest that we should be beating Olympiakos at home?

Back