The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The simple fact is , there has never, ever been a top league without world class local players serving its backbone. And Premier League won't pull it off either. Its all going to **** really quick and without some reforms to schedules and changes to how young players are being trained...darkness, I see darkness.

The simple fact is , there has never, ever been a top league without world class local players serving its backbone. And Premier League won't pull it off either. Its all going to **** really quick and without some reforms to schedules and changes to how young players are being trained...darkness, I see darkness.
It's disappoint and ridiculous how English clubs are performing in Europe, however there haven't been many world-class English players for the best part of a decade.

But but but ..... It's the best, richest League in the World.

I heard it on Sky! Or was it damola? I forget ....

League coefficients do mean something because European places are awarded because of them and they take into account European performances of a club from a particular nation. So I'm arrogant to suggest that we should be beating Olympiakos at home?

Coefficients mean nothing do they, Benfica are higher than Arsenal so are we saying that they will humble arsenal? (well on current form....) and you didn't suggest anything you explicitly stated they should be beating them, on SSN even Charlie Nicholas said before the game he expected Arsenal to mess it up. I am not really that surprised by this result and I reckon many on these forums are of the same attitude. The sooner you wake up the better.

I heard it on Sky! Or was it damola? I forget ....
Best is a very broad term. Best in terms of entertainment and overall strength, however there are no English clubs as good as Real, Barca or Munich. The premier league is the richest league in the world.

It's disappoint and ridiculous how English clubs are performing in Europe, however there haven't been many world-class English players for the best part of a decade.

there all at arsenal aren't they....sorry could not resist

Coefficients mean nothing do they, Benfica are higher than Arsenal so are we saying that they will humble arsenal? (well on current form....) and you didn't suggest anything you explicitly stated they should be beating them, on SSN even Charlie Nicholas said before the game he expected Arsenal to mess it up. I am not really that surprised by this result and I reckon many on these forums are of the same attitude. The sooner you wake up the better.
I'm talking about nation coefficient. Benfica have performed consistently well in the Europa League hence their club co-efficient is higher than Arsenal's. So what I can get from the discussion is that Arsenal shouldn't be expected to beat Olympiakos and Croatia/Greece have stronger league systems that England.

I am not even surprised anymore tyton dunno bout you, most teams have forgotten how to defend, and when I watch English teams in Europe I am mostly left wondering what the gameplan is.

I am not even surprised anymore tyton dunno bout you, most teams have forgotten how to defend, and when I watch English teams in Europe I am mostly left wondering what the gameplan is.
It can't be just game planning. You don't need to tell a team of internationals not to drop the ball from a corner and to concentrate from a kick-off.

I'm talking about nation coefficient. Benfica have performed consistently well in the Europa League hence their club co-efficient is higher than Arsenal's. So what I can get from the discussion is that Arsenal shouldn't be expected to beat Olympiakos and Croatia/Greece have stronger league systems that England.

What bearing does a nation coefficient have on a champions league match please? do players sit in the dressing room logged into the UEFA website? I can see it now Marco Silva whips out his iPhone "**** me lads check this out England has a higher coefficient than us best not even bother tonight."

Yup. There's some things money can't buy. You can't buy the kind of passion and determination a local lad has when playing for his childhood club. You just can't. PL has fuckton of great foregin players, but they have no connection to the clubs, to the fans, or to the city. None of them will stay in Manchester or Liverpool when they retire. They play only for themselves. And it shows.

It can't be just game planning. You don't need to tell a team of internationals not to drop the ball from a corner and to concentrate from a kick-off.

Maybe if you didn't have a manager who changed his 'keeper that wouldn't of happened?

I know, I know, you probably didn't get your head out of the sand quick enough to notice .....

I have not seen the goals but on the first one you play cech its that simple, second one does come from the manager and how they set up from the kick off surely?

Fixed that for you.

I mean, no one wants us to drop that spot but the fact that it's (currently) most likely to screw over Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal is considerable consolation.
Thanks man.

Still Pretty ****** about the result and yeah, I completely agree.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

That's your opinion. You've just totally backtracked on you illogical statement when you suggested that Arsene Wenger doesn't care about anything other than 4th place. I fully expect Arsenal to sort this out.

You see, that is the problem. Even if we somehow get out of this group, and manage to get some form and start winning is the league, this season is pretty much ****** again, we'll get tough draw in CL and we lost too many points with "lesser" teams in league already, we can start talking about how the next year is gonna be the one.

I did not want to spoil it to you, but next season, exactly the same thing is gonna happen, unless there are some changes, personell-wise.

BTW, haven't seen the game, what happened to Kos? I see he was subbed, hope it isn't injury.

What bearing does a nation coefficient have on a champions league match please? do players sit in the dressing room logged into the UEFA website? I can see it now Marco Silva whips out his iPhone "**** me lads check this out England has a higher coefficient than us best not even bother tonight."
I never said that it had the bearing on the actual match. You said that I was "arrogant" to suggest that Arsenal should be beating Olympiakos and I said that such a huge disparity in nation co-efficient is a huge indicator as to which games should be won. Arsenal also have more players playing for the top 10 international teams, with hundreds of caps between them.
Yup. There's some things money can't buy. You can't buy the kind of passion and determination a local lad has when playing for his childhood club. You just can't. PL has fuckton of great foregin players, but they have no connection to the clubs, to the fans, or to the city. None of them will stay in Manchester or Liverpool when they retire. They play only for themselves. And it shows.
There are plenty of other reasons to be motivated. To suggest that it's because the foreign players don't care is ridiculous. If they played for themselves, then they will play for club honours and salary, although I agree that youth recruitment in England is a resounding failure.
Maybe if you didn't have a manager who changed his 'keeper that wouldn't of happened?

I know, I know, you probably didn't get your head out of the sand quick enough to notice .....
I also don't agree with this league and champions league keeper ****. Your first choice should play in the league and Champions League and your second choice should play in domestic cups. I don't think that Ospina is cut for this level.
I have not seen the goals but on the first one you play cech its that simple, second one does come from the manager and how they set up from the kick off surely?
Arsene Wenger and Steve Bould can't possibly be expected to tell players how to set up every kick-off? Nearly 600 caps for top international teams and your manager should be expected to help organise each kick off? The players are to blame.

I never said that it had the bearing on the actual match. You said that I was "arrogant" to suggest that Arsenal should be beating Olympiakos and I said that such a huge disparity in nation co-efficient is a huge indicator as to which games should be won. Arsenal also have more players playing for the top 10 international teams, with hundreds of caps between them.

There are plenty of other reasons to be motivated. To suggest that it's because the foreign players don't care is ridiculous. If they played for themselves, then they will play for club honours and salary, although I agree that youth recruitment in England is a resounding failure.

I also don't agree with this league and champions league keeper ****. Your first choice should play in the league and Champions League and your second choice should play in domestic cups. I don't think that Ospina is cut for this level.

Arsene Wenger and Steve Bould can't possibly be expected to tell players how to set up every kick-off? Nearly 600 caps for top international teams and your manager should be expected to help organise each kick off? The players are to blame.

I cba to even engage with you no more, please do carry on thinking everything is great at arsenal and that you have all these world class players it entertains us all.

There's been enough. You don't "many". You just need a few longterm squad members, who are world class, local and serve as a spine.

If I could be bothered, I could pretty much mathematically pin down the beginning of PL European decline, to the exact same moment in time when the Lampard, Giggs, Scholes, Cole, Terry, Gerrard and so on, all started to age and eventually retire.

It really isn't rocket science. Great local players are gone, and so are the results.

Seriously does anyone even remember when the last time English team went past top foreign club, and actually dominated the tie, and not just squirmed through sheer luck and desperate last ditch defending? 5-6 years ago?

Back