The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Was just about to write neuer was the best ive ever seen then he flaps like his been possessed by mignolet. LOL.

What sort of protest is that?

Oh, agreed. Though probably not the way you meant. The thing to do would be to not of travelled at all and left the whole section empty. That said Bayern charged them £37 and made up the difference themselves which spoke highly of them but still an absolute disgrace.

The sentiment is spot on.

Glad the officials made a fantastic decision there after the f-up on Giroud's hand ball.

Takes the controversy out of it.

Congratulations.

Last edited:
Oh, agreed. Though probably not the way you meant. The thing to do would be to not of travelled at all and left the whole section empty. That said Bayern charged them £37 and made up the difference themselves which spoke highly of them but still an absolute disgrace.

The sentiment is spot on.
It's kind of a self-defeating protest. The away fans damage their team's away support for a few minutes and pay for the ticket at the same time. To make matters worse, they missed 5 minutes of the expensive game that they paid for.

The reason that German tickets are cheap in comparison to those of other countries, is that they have 50+1 fan ownership. This means that by law, clubs must be majority owned by fans, meaning that any external entities cannot own more of the clubs than fans. This was allowed when the Bundesliga was formed in 1990, built with fans in mind from the ground up. Majority fan ownership means that tickets are cheap, fans get free rail travel etc. If you're wondering why this hasn't been considered is that the FA was formed in 1863 with clubs allowed ownership from any legal entity. This combined with the fact that the football pyramid has had very few reforms, means that there will be investor-state disputes if the Government try to push this through. This basically means that the Abramovic's, FSGs, Glazers etc will sue the government and the state will probably have to spend 10s to hundreds of billions in buying out football clubs.

Football clubs are businesses for fact and Arsenal realistically don't have to lower ticket prices. Pretty every match is a sell-out, we have some of the highest match day attendances in Europe, 45,000 on the season ticket waiting list and over £100 millions worth of match day revenues each season. Fact is there is a huge demand to see Arsenal.

Dude, did you just seriously try justify the prices Arsenal charge? Let alone the rest of the Country.

As a fellow football 'fan?' SERIOUSLY?

The only thing we're in agreement on is the first 2 lines.

I understand BT neglected to show it too which if so is sadly no disappointing surprise in the same way the major networks neglected to give decent coverage to the Nationwide 'twenty's plenty' protests the start the month.

Last edited:
It's kind of a self-defeating protest. The away fans damage their team's away support for a few minutes and pay for the ticket at the same time. To make matters worse, they missed 5 minutes of the expensive game that they paid for.

The reason that German tickets are cheap in comparison to those of other countries, is that they have 50+1 fan ownership. This means that by law, clubs must be majority owned by fans, meaning that any external entities cannot own more of the clubs than fans. This was allowed when the Bundesliga was formed in 1990, built with fans in mind from the ground up. Majority fan ownership means that tickets are cheap, fans get free rail travel etc. If you're wondering why this hasn't been considered is that the FA was formed in 1863 with clubs allowed ownership from any legal entity. This combined with the fact that the football pyramid has had very few reforms, means that there will be investor-state disputes if the Government try to push this through. This basically means that the Abramovic's, FSGs, Glazers etc will sue the government and the state will probably have to spend 10s to hundreds of billions in buying out football clubs.

Football clubs are businesses for fact and Arsenal realistically don't have to lower ticket prices. Pretty every match is a sell-out, we have some of the highest match day attendances in Europe, 45,000 on the season ticket waiting list and over £100 millions worth of match day revenues each season. Fact is there is a huge demand to see Arsenal.

Seriously Seriously?. Your happy with the price of an Arsenal ticket these days?. Dude with the money coming into football with the new TV deals the Premier league clubs dont have to charge such obscene amounts. Jheez are you even a football fan. Or are you happy with the emirates being filled out with prawn sandwhich eating ******. The atmosphere is abysmal anyway ( How many times do I have to stand up to show I hate tottenham oO) ).

In 2015, Arsenal have beaten Manchester United (twice), Chelsea, Manchester City and Bayern Munich, keeping clean sheets in all of those games. How's that for a stat!

Dude, did you just seriously try justify the prices Arsenal charge? Let alone the rest of the Country.

As a fellow football 'fan?' SERIOUSLY?

The only thing we're in agreement on is the first 2 lines.

I understand BT neglected to show it too which if so is sadly no disappointing surprise in the same way the major networks neglected to give decent coverage to the Nationwide 'twenty's plenty' protests the start the month.

Seriously Seriously?. Your happy with the price of an Arsenal ticket these days?. Dude with the money coming into football with the new TV deals the Premier league clubs dont have to charge such obscene amounts. Jheez are you even a football fan. Or are you happy with the emirates being filled out with prawn sandwhich eating ******. The atmosphere is abysmal anyway ( How many times do I have to stand up to show I hate tottenham oO) ).
There are many variables to consider. If I'm to be balanced here, tickets are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. There is a fixed supply of tickets and a huge demand of tickets, meaning that they are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. If football prices were unreasonably priced, clubs like Arsenal won't be seeing a huge demand. It's the same for music concerts etc. Arsenal vs Bayern Munch is a huge match and there are only 60,000 seats.

Selling for market value is hardly 'disgraceful' when that's the market value. Obviously, from a fans perspective I'd want ticket prices to be as low as possible, however as with anything other than football, we pay for it because is maximises our utility. As the clubs are privately and publicly owned (some listed on stock exchanges) they are well within their rights to charge the market equilibrium for ticket prices. The clubs are hardly to blame. It's an FA and Government 'issue' more than anything else; if it's an issue at all.

In 2015, Arsenal have beaten Manchester United (twice), Chelsea, Manchester City and Bayern Munich, keeping clean sheets in all of those games. How's that for a stat!

You didn't keep a clean sheet against us at old trafford...that's never happened since 2007

There are many variables to consider.....

You could of just qualified that with 'out and out greed' and left it at that instead of trotting out the stereotypical club B/S to justify that greed and treating the fan as a 'customer.'

New member, Arsenal fan

Great to see a thread for Arsenal fans, but why is the first thing I am seeing arguments amongst fans about ticket prices? It's as if we didn't just beat the 2nd best team in the world, arguably the best 2-0, and our rivals recently also 3-0. We're genuine title contenders for once this season with Chelsea having the poor start and Man City so prone to losing against average teams (see Tottenham game), but really come on guys. Support the club. (P.S. this post is not condoning the astronomical ticket prices.)

Great to see a thread for Arsenal fans, but why is the first thing I am seeing arguments amongst fans about ticket prices? It's as if we didn't just beat the 2nd best team in the world, arguably the best 2-0, and our rivals recently also 3-0. We're genuine title contenders for once this season with Chelsea having the poor start and Man City so prone to losing against average teams (see Tottenham game), but really come on guys. Support the club. (P.S. this post is not condoning the astronomical ticket prices.)

But arsenal are inconsistent...

Who wants to say koscielny isnt world class?

There is a reason we kept Laurent and gave up verminator. In fact he is one of my favorite players.

Back