The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Will be interesting to see what Arsene does now considering we look disjointed now.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Tough one this, personally speaking.

Arsenal away would be a **** of a draw on a Wednesday night. Hillsborough I could never imagine watching another game at and haven't outside the year after.

Well it didn't take long for the #WengerOut plastic fans to come back!

Well it didn't take long for the #WengerOut plastic fans to come back!

Did the majority ever go away? Gonna' take a tad more from him then hitting top spot in October to quell a decades worth of frustration.

Did the majority ever go away? Gonna' take a tad more from him then hitting top spot in October to quell a decades worth of frustration.
They generally go into hiding when we win then spring back to life when we lose. Of course it is going to take alot to end the ongoing frustration that is amongst the fans and with the current league situation there is no better time than now to end it.

How bad are the injuries?
Hopefully we will find out tomorrow ( Assuming the press conference is scheduled for Thursday ) the full extent of the injuries and how long the will actually be out for but this puts us in a very bad situation nonetheless.

Jesus Christ it looks like we have to rely of either Joel ******* Campbell or Alex Iwobi for the right flank. I would rather we actually change formation tbh because those players aren't sufficient options!

I could not care less about the coc. We started 5 or 6 first team debutants.

When you've only won 2 FA Cups and 2 Charity Shields the last decade, I would of thought as a fan you'd be craving for Arsenal to do well in every competition and win some silverware. Shrugs.

Jesus Christ it looks like we have to rely of either Joel ******* Campbell or Alex Iwobi for the right flank. I would rather we actually change formation tbh because those players aren't sufficient options!

I don't see much options tbh, Cazorla can play in more advanced position but who are you gonna play instead of Cazorla? Chambers is an option, but the lack of playmaker is gonna be noticeable. 4-4-2 is another option, but again, there's lack of wide players, maybe Gibbs/Ozil?

I still think playing youngsters is the best option, they can only surprise, Adelaide for example.

I don't see much options tbh, Cazorla can play in more advanced position but who are you gonna play instead of Cazorla? Chambers is an option, but the lack of playmaker is gonna be noticeable. 4-4-2 is another option, but again, there's lack of wide players, maybe Gibbs/Ozil?

I still think playing youngsters is the best option, they can only surprise, Adelaide for example.

Jeff would of been a plausible option if he wasn't at World Cup. A lot of our young crop is out on loan especially Gnarby would should be considered for a recall simply because of lack of game time. There really is not youngsters at the club that are ready to compete for the Premier League.

When you've only won 2 FA Cups and 2 Charity Shields the last decade, I would of thought as a fan you'd be craving for Arsenal to do well in every competition and win some silverware. Shrugs.

The capital one cup is nothing more than a hinderance. The success of our season doesn't depend on the Capital One Cup. If we win it, no one cares. It's the premier league or champions league that we need to win. The game against Wednesday pretty much showed how pointless the competition is. All it does is burnout players and the injuries! If we hadn't played that game, Walcott and Chamberlain would have been fit. Those to could be the difference between points in our premier league games and champions league group.

The capital one cup is nothing more than a hinderance. The success of our season doesn't depend on the Capital One Cup. If we win it, no one cares. It's the premier league or champions league that we need to win. The game against Wednesday pretty much showed how pointless the competition is. All it does is burnout players and the injuries! If we hadn't played that game, Walcott and Chamberlain would have been fit. Those to could be the difference between points in our premier league games and champions league group.

And the last time you even came close to winning the league was ..... ? Exactly. (I won't even insult you by asking that on Arsenal and something you know next to nothing about. Success in European football.).

That arrogance astounds me from a club that's won pretty much f-all for over a decade. And for any fan to not be interested in winning a trophy just baffles me.

But hey ho, each to their own.

And the last time you even came close to winning the league was ..... ? Exactly. (I won't even insult you by asking that on Arsenal and something you know next to nothing about. Success in European football.).

That arrogance astounds me from a club that's won pretty much f-all for over a decade. And for any fan to not be interested in winning a trophy just baffles me.

To be fair, the same can be said about Liverpool when it also comes to silverware.

To be fair, the same can be said about Liverpool when it also comes to silverware.

No argument there but most of us would be gutted to be out the League Cup right now.

Never understand how fans flippantly dismiss a trophy, day out at Wembley, and a European place booked before the Winters over.

We've won the FA cup in the past 2 years (much more prestigious) with community Shields and the squad is more than capable of winning the league. There's no arrogance there. Arsenal have come close to winning the league a few times on the last decade but we've come up short. The fact is, you can't say we've won **** all for the past few years. The fact is that club's can only register 25 players in a season. When you have 7 injured going into a capital one cup game (now 9), you can't be playing a remotely strong team, especially with more important league fixtures and a champions league clash with Bayern.

Fact is, top 4 and the Capital One Cup would be a successful season for Liverpool, while it wouldn't for Arsenal. What you're saying is that we should treat the Capital One Cup the same as all other competitions. You have a point if players had infinite amounts of fitness and couldn't ever get injured.

You are just trying to stir the pot on 8 words I posted.

If wenger wants to play his youth team in the coc...I could not care less about the coc.

Go ahead and call me names and show your ****, you are typically a good poster but you are on some sort of kick lately.

Back