The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You are just trying to stir the pot on 8 words I posted.

If wenger wants to play his youth team in the coc...I could not care less about the coc.

Go ahead and call me names and show your ****, you are typically a good poster but you are on some sort of kick lately.

Not 'stirring' anything. And I'll pass on calling you anything ta.

I just don't get how any Arsenal fan can so flippantly dismiss a trophy when they've had a grand total of 2 major ones to show for the last decade. But again, each to their own.

I just don't get how any Arsenal fan can so flippantly dismiss a trophy when they've had a grand total of 2 major ones to show for the last decade. But again, each to their own.
We won the FA cup which is a much more prestigious competition in the past 2 years with consecutive community shields. Given the resources, experience and stature of Arsenal, we should be challenging for the league and going into the latter stages of the champions league. The success of Arsenal's season doesn't depend on the Capital One Cup and it's a hinderance to many more important competitions, therefore it's pointless us playing Alexis, Ozil, Cazorla and the whole lot. To even justify my point, even Arsene Wenger said he regretted playing so many senior players (albeit backup) in the match and would have rather played more academy youngsters who are "not ready for this level". Coming into the game with 7 injuries, call it arrogance if you please, but it reeks of nothing more than common sense. We had a premier league away game 3 days later and a clash away to Bayern less than a week later.

I stated my reason clearly twice. If you 'dont get it' that is on you not me.

I think we should take CoC more seriously simply because of young players development. What good is it to play so many youngsters when they get to play one match a year which they lose. If less of them played 3-4 matches, I think it'd be better for their development.

I'm never confident when we visit Liberty Stadium but we put in a solid performance today especially in the second half and I have to say Joel Campbell proved me wrong big time.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Fabregas got 18 and the record is 20 by Henry. He's on track to smash that.

He is seriously coming into his own now and it is great to see, I have been a massive fan of Ozil since he burst onto the scene all those years ago, only Silva who is better for me in the league and even then it is very close. Just glad he is getting his rewards now some of the stick he got was ridiculous and unwarranted.

He is seriously coming into his own now and it is great to see, I have been a massive fan of Ozil since he burst onto the scene all those years ago, only Silva who is better for me in the league and even then it is very close. Just glad he is getting his rewards now some of the stick he got was ridiculous and unwarranted.
He's created the most chances in Europe's top 5 leagues since 2008 and made the second most assists (94) behind Messi (98).

Bellerin out. Just what we ******* needed.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

We still have Debuchy, however the only issue is how fit he is. He started his Arsenal career well, had two 3 month layoffs last season and has only started 3 games since then. In those games, he hasn't looked sharp enough at all.

We still have Debuchy, however the only issue is how fit he is. He started his Arsenal career well, had two 3 month layoffs last season and has only started 3 games since then. In those games, he hasn't looked sharp enough at all.

He has declined severely IMO since Bellerin kept him out of the starting spot. The fact that he did so poor against Sheffield Wednesday does not make me optimistic at all.

He has declined severely IMO since Bellerin kept him out of the starting spot. The fact that he did so poor against Sheffield Wednesday does not make me optimistic at all.

Debuchy has hardly declined. No defender looks sharp after playing hardly no football after two 3 month layoffs. Sheffield Wednesday are a quality side. He's a naturally very fit player and he just needs match sharpness. No player declines that much in 6 months. It was only a year ago that he was being heralded an excellent replacement for Barcary Sagna.

First goal was honestly the worst attempt at offside trap I've seen. Wow.

Back