The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Jeez lads.
Just finished up for the day and turned on the telly.
Get the finger out.

Jeez lads.
Just finished up for the day and turned on the telly.
Get the finger out.

Bayern have been excellent, but we've actually played quite well considering the injuries and the fact we've played away to Bayern. We've had chances in the second half but Bayern are the best team on earth atm.

We've had chances in the second half but Bayern are the best team on earth atm.

I actually don't like seeing Arsenal get beaten in Europe.
I'm quite fond of them as a team.

There's something honest about them.
Can't explain it.

Bayern have been excellent, but we've actually played quite well considering the injuries and the fact we've played away to Bayern. We've had chances in the second half but Bayern are the best team on earth atm.

Thats the thing, we have been good going forward but we are really missing key players.

Need to win both including by two clear goals in Greece and Bayern to win against Olympiakos...

Still possible, but going to be difficult

Last minute Olympiacos winner.

See yers in the Europa after Chrimbo.

Last edited:
Last minute Olympiacos winner.

See yers in the Europa after Crhimbo.
We should go through provided we beat Zagreb at home and Olympiakos away, which we are more than capable of. We were never expected to beat Bayern away, let alone with 10 first team players injured. Nothing changes from before this game. Beat Zagreb and Olympiakos.

Last edited:
We should go through provided we beat Zagreb at home and Olympiakos away, which we are more than capable of. We were never expected to beat Bayern away, let alone with 10 first team players injured. Nothing changes from before this game. Beat Zagreb and Olympiakos.

I admire the belief.

However misguided it may be.

It is very possible so I wouldn't shut us out yet.

Also highly unlikely with Olympiacos needing just a point from the last two.

If Munich are savvy they play out a draw next game. Everyones a winner. Greeks qualify. Bayern remove another threat from the knock-outs.

But even if they lost your needing to win by two or score three or more if it's by one. In Piraeus.

Possible but highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Bayern will go out to hammer Olympiakos, simple as that. They might rotate but that side will still be stronger than anythink the Greeks can muster on paper.

This is not beyond Arsenal.

Need to win both including by two clear goals in Greece and Bayern to win against Olympiakos...

Still possible, but going to be difficult

Exactly, difficult, but not impossible. Stupid for anyone to be writing off Arsenal atm

Also highly unlikely with Olympiacos needing just a point from the last two.

If Munich are savvy they play out a draw next game. Everyones a winner. Greeks qualify. Bayern remove another threat from the knock-outs.

But even if they lost your needing to win by two or score three or more if it's by one. In Piraeus.

Possible but highly unlikely.

It's hardly highly unlikely. Bayern aren't going to purposely fail to win in order to knock us out. They will most likely roll over Olympiakos, meaning that realistically it's down to us to win those games. We are a miles better than Olympiakos and really should still qualify at this stage. You're telling me that it's unlikely for Arsenal to beat Zagreb and Olympiakos?

It's hardly highly unlikely. Bayern aren't going to purposely fail to win in order to knock us out. They will most likely roll over Olympiakos, meaning that realistically it's down to us to win those games. We are a miles better than Olympiakos and really should still qualify at this stage. You're telling me that it's unlikely for Arsenal to beat Zagreb and Olympiakos?

Regardless of what does or does not transpire in the game in Munich, yes, as I type, I'd think it unlikely you get what you need in Greece. That stadium will be bouncing and it's an exceptionally tough trip at the best of times. They never travel well (which made the home f-up even more ridiculous); but getting something out there is never easy.

But hey, it's all hypothetical which ever way you fall as the games have yet to played so time will out whether you qualify or not.

I would wish you luck but I've never been a big supporter of fellow English sides in Europe and even less so with all the massive money in play the Champions League now.

Exactly, difficult, but not impossible. Stupid for anyone to be writing off Arsenal atm

Exactly.

Btw Arsenal should qualify for next round for PL sake, there is a huge risk that PL might lose 4th spot to Serie A.

Also Arsenal have chance, tough but they have the quality to beat Greek team by more than 2 goals.

You lost to both of them already

Back