The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The old Arsene Wenger 'we nearly signed him before he became successfull' never fails to amuse

Arsène Wenger: I was angry when I found out Arsenal had let Harry Kane go | Football | The Guardian

Except we did have him and we let him go?

Also headline and content doesn't even match.

“I didn’t know, I read it in the papers,” Wenger said. “I found it quite funny, you know, and you are always a bit angry as well because I asked: ‘Why did he go?’ But at that age, boys can move here and there.”

That has always been the case, players get released or sold on and it gives them the kick up the **** to knuckle down. We had Andy Cole once upon a time.

Principle is still the same though. Letting talented players slip through the grasp who later go on and become great players

Archetypal sensationalist headline. What do you expect?

These things regularly happen with most clubs. Players switch clubs at young ages. Remeber that most of these 'nearly signed' players were around the time of the invincibles, so they would have struggled to fit into the team. Work permit rules were also a hinderance. In other cases e.g. Cristiano Ronaldo, we couldn't afford them because of the stadium and we almost ran out of money to pay players.

Definitely would not have taken a draw before the match, but with our display, especially in the first 45, I'm content with a point.

Exactly. **** poor performance with Spurs bypassing our midfield like it didn't exist but after that I would take a point anyday.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Exactly. **** poor performance with Spurs bypassing our midfield like it didn't exist but after that I would take a point anyday.

We were non-existent in the centre of the park. I know numbers are short due to injuries but Cazorla has been playing alongside Coquelin all season and he had a nightmare this afternoon.

All the way to Munich? Now that's some travelling and then some.

Still away game at the best team in the world. Arsenal had 2 away games and in both games they were ragged, whereas Spurs had the easiest ties at home with no travelling at all.

There wasn't any advantage to Arsenal in terms of preparation time considering how they were chasing shadows of Bayern players for 90 mins.

Still away game at the best team in the world. Arsenal had 2 away games and in both games they were ragged, whereas Spurs had the easiest ties at home with no travelling at all.

There wasn't any advantage to Arsenal in terms of preparation time considering how they were chasing shadows of Bayern players for 90 mins.

I was actually negating Damola or anyone else potentially rolling with Munich tiredness as an excuse after the post, but there's no excuses either way.

You play the games if you want to be in these competitions and be successful. English clubs are too quick to trot out the midweek European travelling bunkum.

Carzola's worst game in the premier league this season by a long shot.

Back