The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Shame. Arsenal seem to deserve it more. Referee seems Barca biased, or it just seems to me.
Hope Arsenal can manage to at least put 1 back.
Cant understand phenomen of Ramsey. This game shows it the most, he has been so awful, dosent add anything on the pitch.

Ramsey was quite good in first half, but in second a liability. This game needed Cazorla or even Wilshere there alongside Coquelin.

Overall I think Wenger got everything right except the substitution of Flamini on for Coquelin. Don't know if Coquelin picked a knock or something so if it was forced, but didn't look like it.

Referee was clearly biased towards Barca (as always... Remember RVP red card at Camp Nou?). Starting with harsh yellow for Monreal at start and then after that allowing Barca to make similar fouls all over and letting it slide. Then there was the Suarez dive in 2nd half which he saw clearly, but did nothing and Alba playacting and headbutting Giroud which warranted at least a yellow. I hope the club makes a complaint on this matter.

But even incompetent display form ref wasn't the reason we lost. Players all over the pitch really let Wenger down.

Mertesacker has his fair share of the second goal. Flamini had the bad luck of being there to receive that awesome pass.
Also, wanna bet Pique will get away with deliberately getting a yellow card?

Mertesacker has his fair share of the second goal. Flamini had the bad luck of being there to receive that awesome pass.
Also, wanna bet Pique will get away with deliberately getting a yellow card?

Mertesacker I think also could have stopped the first goal with a tactical foul upfield, but still apart these two occasions I think he did quite well and shows that anticipation > pace for a defender. After second viewing I don't fault Flamini one bit for the penalty. Mertesacker should have just cleared it.

Is there some rule or something against doing what Pique did? It was awfully convenient after his little chat with manager.

What did Pique do out of interest?

He was one yellow from automatic one match suspension and looked like he deliberately got it by fouling Welbeck. He also had a sneaky chat with Enrique just before it, but even if he did it he did it in quite good situation as Welbeck had just skipped past 2 or 3 Barca players before Pique foul.

He was one yellow from automatic one match suspension and looked like he deliberately got it by fouling Welbeck. He also had a sneaky chat with Enrique just before it, but even if he did it he did it in quite good situation as Welbeck had just skipped past 2 or 3 Barca players before Pique foul.

Meh, little problem with that personally. Rightly or wrongly it just falls under the being 'proffesional' bracket and happens all the time at most every club/ National team tournaments.

From Arsenals POV look on it as a gamble you want to backfire and take advantage of him not being there the second leg.

Meh, little problem with that personally. Rightly or wrongly it just falls under the being 'proffesional' bracket and happens all the time at most every club/ National team tournaments.

From Arsenals POV look on it as a gamble you want to backfire and take advantage of him not being there the second leg.

Checked it out and it actually warrants a two game ban, but quite hard to prove. Personally more bothered about Barca players playacting. Game a nice refresher why I dont watch them at all.

Even without Pique 2-0 is hard to overturn.

What's that? I hear a pin dropping.

What can you say, this was the most embarrassing loss since the 8-2.

It's one thing to get beaten by superior opposition when your squad is in injury crisis. But to lose like this, against United C team, while featuring the strongest lineup bar Cazorla?

Ouch.

Only saw the first half (wasn't really watching but it was on the pub I was in), and your defending was beyond abysmal. The Utd kid couldn't of had two easier goals if you'd scripted them.

Arsenal's soft centre continues to bite them hard in the **** season on season.

Well thank god for the **** eh?

Always bound to provide every league season with boundless comedy, always a banker for ridicule at OT.

Long live Whinger!!!:wub:(6)

Arsenal have lost three consecutive games in all competitions for the first time since April 2010

An unwanted stat. It's incredible to think that 12 years ago we didn't lose a single game for 49 consecutive matches.

Here's my thought:

The league is far from over. Yes, we've had a miserable week in the fact that we've lost 3 consecutive games. Leicester City are 6 points ahead of Arsenal - that's 2 games out of the 10 remaining in which we can hope for a turnaround in form and luck, and the same goes for our noisy neighbours.

Put it this way, there's no way that we're going to get a result at Barcelona in the second leg, Pique or no Pique. We should wave the white flag in Europe this season and concede yet another First Round Knockout defeat by fielding a relatively weak team (do we have a 'weak' team anymore?!) to save fitness for the league and FA Cup. It's still a realistic target - for now - but we just need everybody to step up and take every game by the scruff of the neck, as per the Leicester City match.

As much as I adore Arsene Wenger, and I really, REALLY do, I firmly believe it's time for him to step down. If we finish the season without silverware then we ought to have a major shake-up, and not just on the pitch, either.

I hear Manuel Pellegrini's looking for a job...

This season has been a rollercoaster. So many strange wins and loses. It might go to the last game and everyone are in the race for now.

Arsenal biggest miss is Santi Cazorla in my opinion. There is something missing in your midfield and Ramsey cant fill it.
As i can see that he just has achilles tendonitis after knee injury... So he will be out for some time.

Ah of course, Santi Cazorla. He's been missed so, so badly. He's confirmed his return to fitness for April 1st, which is a massive boost but may already be too little, too late by then.

And Petr Cech getting injured in the dying embers of last night's game is really frustrating.

Also, would we like to see this? Would suit Arsenal down to the ground: young, English and injury prone <)

do10fo.png

Back