The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Good start. I'll be interested to see Xhaka and El Neny playing next season.

Come on Arsne, push on with a few more now!

Good start. I'll be interested to see Xhaka and El Neny playing next season.

Come on Arsne, push on with a few more now!

Looks like Arsene is looking in to bring at least a CB (Benatia, Manolas, Musacchio), RW (Mahrez, Mhiktaryan) and ST (Morata, Janssen,?)

Reals buyback clause for Morata activates again in one week so we will see if they use it or can Juve pay them enough to not use it. Lot of rumours of Juve being on a hunt for a new striker (Lukaku, Berardi) would suggest they are resigned to losing Morata.

Looks like Arsene is looking in to bring at least a CB (Benatia, Manolas, Musacchio), RW (Mahrez, Mhiktaryan) and ST (Morata, Janssen,?)

Reals buyback clause for Morata activates again in one week so we will see if they use it or can Juve pay them enough to not use it. Lot of rumours of Juve being on a hunt for a new striker (Lukaku, Berardi) would suggest they are resigned to losing Morata.

This is probably being unrealistic but Xhaka, Morata (although personally I really like Lacazette), and Manolas would be a pretty good summer.

This is probably being unrealistic but Xhaka, Morata (although personally I really like Lacazette), and Manolas would be a pretty good summer.

I don't know as I read somewhere Roma need to acquire 30mil euros by the end of June. Don't know how legit that is, but if it is Manolas along with Pjanic is one of their most coveted players and could cover that easily.

I don't even think it's that far fetched to think we'd end up with Morata as rumours coming from Juve point out that his relationship with Allegri isn't the best as he hasn't played as much as he'd want and he's not going to Real to sit on the bench as Benzema is favourite of both Zidane and Perez. He is interested in Premier League and here we are really the best option for him with Utd and Chelsea out of Champions league and City having Aguero up front. Only real question is Manolas, but there are good options for him like Benatia and Musacchio.

Great signing on Xhaka.

Would of liked him if for nothing else to have a commentators wet dream of he and Can in midfield.

Jeremy Wilson saying we're targeting Koulibaly from Napoli and Morata remains the prime target for attack. Personally speaking, Manolas would be great but Koulibaly seems to have had a good season for Napoli too. Xhaka is a good start to the window though.

Jeremy Wilson saying we're targeting Koulibaly from Napoli and Morata remains the prime target for attack. Personally speaking, Manolas would be great but Koulibaly seems to have had a good season for Napoli too. Xhaka is a good start to the window though.
Manolas is ours :p can't see Arsenal paying 70m euros for Morata. Not worth that anyway. Xhaka is a very good signing!

Manolas is ours :p can't see Arsenal paying 70m euros for Morata. Not worth that anyway. Xhaka is a very good signing!

The fee being mooted for Morata is indeed crazy. I highly doubt Wenger would be willing to pay anything close to that for Morata but then again this should be one of the craziest transfer windows in history. Icardi/Janssen seem to be possible alternatives from the rumours.

Granit Xhaka is exactly the type of '*******' player that every club with aspirations of winning trophies needs

The fee being mooted for Morata is indeed crazy. I highly doubt Wenger would be willing to pay anything close to that for Morata but then again this should be one of the craziest transfer windows in history. Icardi/Janssen seem to be possible alternatives from the rumours.

Might be that press again confusing euros with pounds. Widely known that Reals buyback clause is in euros, but saw some British outlet say that it is £30mil when it's 30mil euros. At first it was rumoured Real are buying him back for that and then selling straight away for 50mil euros which is a 66.6% profit on the initial capital. That 50mil euros sounds more reasonable for him in this current market.

Kicked and Bild also are reporting Wolfsburgs Ricardo Rodriquez is a target this summer. Wolfsburg were left without Euro football for next season and apparently he has a € 25mil release clause on his contract if that happens.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/652838/artikel_wolfsburg_rodriguez-vor-dem-absprung.html

This is the best video on the internet.

[video=youtube;nvRTnXaDRjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvRTnXaDRjU[/video]

Last edited:
If everything that is rumored will come true Wenger will have spent close to £70mil pounds before Euros start and he isn't even done. Looking for not one, but two strikers and a CB along with some of the targets touted around.

Weird summer... usually as Arsenal there is yearly season ticket renewal hype which will then go on until transfer window closes with disappointment, but not this year it seems. Wenger might be going out with a bang.

If everything that is rumored will come true Wenger will have spent close to £70mil pounds before Euros start and he isn't even done. Looking for not one, but two strikers and a CB along with some of the targets touted around.

Weird summer... usually as Arsenal there is yearly season ticket renewal hype which will then go on until transfer window closes with disappointment, but not this year it seems. Wenger might be going out with a bang.

He really has to spend now, I mean the competition in league is going to be bigger than ever this coming season with teams and managers especially.

I just can't get my head round you lot signing Vardy, you've looked for a few seasons now at getting a top class striker and you choose Vardy. It just seems odd to me, yes he has been superb this season for Leicester but I don't know whether he would even suit the possession system you play. Then on top of that you have to wonder if he can even replicate the form again for another season again the best teams, I mean we're not talking only league here also in Europe.

I just question whether Vardy will fit your team and if so how effective he will be. Time shall tell. Odd signing for me, I thought you would push for Aubemayang, Morata or even Lacazette.

He really has to spend now, I mean the competition in league is going to be bigger than ever this coming season with teams and managers especially.

I just can't get my head round you lot signing Vardy, you've looked for a few seasons now at getting a top class striker and you choose Vardy. It just seems odd to me, yes he has been superb this season for Leicester but I don't know whether he would even suit the possession system you play. Then on top of that you have to wonder if he can even replicate the form again for another season again the best teams, I mean we're not talking only league here also in Europe.

I just question whether Vardy will fit your team and if so how effective he will be. Time shall tell. Odd signing for me, I thought you would push for Aubemayang, Morata or even Lacazette.

You are right. Xhaka transfer was great to start with and now it looks like we are selling Gibbs and replacing him with Rodriquez is another piece of brilliant transfer dealing. Along with Gibbs we look to sell Walcott and if what I've gathered is correct Vardy isn't coming in as the big striker signing, but as a kind of replacement for Welbeck who's injured for long time and also to cover the HG quota which is dropping with sales of Gibbs and Walcott and likely loans of Chamberlain and Chambers.

Have to wait and see what happens, but with all the out going players Wenger still has quite a lot to spend on signings.

You are right. Xhaka transfer was great to start with and now it looks like we are selling Gibbs and replacing him with Rodriquez is another piece of brilliant transfer dealing. Along with Gibbs we look to sell Walcott and if what I've gathered is correct Vardy isn't coming in as the big striker signing, but as a kind of replacement for Welbeck who's injured for long time and also to cover the HG quota which is dropping with sales of Gibbs and Walcott and likely loans of Chamberlain and Chambers.

Have to wait and see what happens, but with all the out going players Wenger still has quite a lot to spend on signings.

If Vardy is a replacement for Welbeck that makes more sense, rather than the main striker for sure.

I like the Xhaka signing and think that is good business. Rodriguez for Gibbs would also be very good if it happens.

Personally hope Arsenal go for it this summer, they really need to and it will make league even more interesting.

If Vardy is a replacement for Welbeck that makes more sense, rather than the main striker for sure.

I like the Xhaka signing and think that is good business. Rodriguez for Gibbs would also be very good if it happens.

Personally hope Arsenal go for it this summer, they really need to and it will make league even more interesting.

Yeah I personally feel show is just about to start and these transfers before Euros are only the prelude for the rest of the transfer window. Interesting to see the Mourinho v Pep fight begin truly on transfer front.

Back