The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Can't believe Friday is Arsenal's first pre-season game. 23 days before their first PL game against L'pool. The bulk of our squad will of played 4 games by then.

You then throw in Giroud, Koscielny, Ozil and Ramsey unbelievably not returning to training until August 7, ONE WEEK before the season starts, along with Sanchez being laid up with his ankle injury, that's half your starting XI in line to miss the opener.

Does Wenger NEVER learn from all Arsenal's past slow starts?

Last edited:
Can't believe Friday is Arsenal's first pre-season game. 23 days before their first PL game against L'pool. The bulk of our squad will of played 4 games by then.

You then throw in Giroud, Koscielny, Ozil and Ramsey unbelievably not returning to training until August 7, ONE WEEK before the season starts, along with Sanchez being laid up with his ankle injury, that's half your starting XI in line to miss the opener.

Does Wenger NEVER learn from all Arsenal's past slow starts?
Nah he never learns, anything. Whether it is doing those few key signings, slow starts, the way he sets the team up...
I pretty much stopped watching Arsenal matches the past season. Yes I'm foreign fan so I don't have real connection to the team, but it's so frustrating to watch over and over the same mistakes and knowing nothing exciting will really happen, yes you get the goals (getting into CL and getting out of the groups, and usually decent cup run).

Sky Sports News HQ– Verified account ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal sign defender Rob Holding from

FFP means they have to sell. They are bucketload of debt and need the cash despite being owned by a billionaire. FFP means his personal contributions are limited.

United are in a ton of debt, Valencia earn a lot and have lower costs to cover especially when they just sold Andre Gomes for 54 million

I thought that Lim settled the debts or at least made them manageable to the point they don't have to sell to buy etc??

United are in a ton of debt, Valencia earn a lot and have lower costs to cover especially when they just sold Andre Gomes for 54 million
United have the biggest turnover in world football. Relative to that, their debt in insignificant. Valencia turnover a fraction that United do.

Pretty much forces Wenger to sign a new CB. Can't go into new season with just Koscielny and Gabriel with Chambers and Holding as backups.
No, lets pray he does!! Will be very Wengeresque! And therefore soooo funny.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Chelsea have tried. It seems Valencia are more resistant now that Gomes has been sold.
There have been no solid links with Chelsea for Mustafi. The bid for Koulibaly is more than enough to meet his release clause. I doubt that Chelsea have gone in for him. IT was always Bonucci/Stones.

There have been no solid links with Chelsea for Mustafi. The bid for Koulibaly is more than enough to meet his release clause. I doubt that Chelsea have gone in for him. IT was always Bonucci/Stones.

Tbf we have only been tenuously linked to Stones and Bonucci so far this season.

Back