The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Bacca would be a good buy for Arsenal I think. Would suit him. He's fairly limited but knows how to hit the net clinically and often.

Bacca is someone I wouldn't mind as a starting CF. Will Arsenal persue him? that is the question.

In a way I almost wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal beat Liverpool in the first game of the season as their is no pressure on them and does any team do better without pressure than Arsenal? They would then lose the next game with some pressure on them as is the Arsenal way

In a way I almost wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal beat Liverpool in the first game of the season as their is no pressure on them and does any team do better without pressure than Arsenal? They would then lose the next game with some pressure on them as is the Arsenal way

If there's no pressure on them to win their home opener against a major rival regardless of the defensive injury's then they may as well be counted out now for the season.

I can see that being the complete opposite Sunday after yet another summer of virtually nottin' in the transfer market and the Emirates crowd turning REAL quick if they don't start well and things getting ugly as it did most of last season.

If there's no pressure on them to win their home opener against a major rival regardless of the defensive injury's then they may as well be counted out now for the season.

I can see that being the complete opposite Sunday after yet another summer of virtually nottin' in the transfer market and the Emirates crowd turning REAL quick if they don't start well and things getting ugly as it did most of last season.

I'm tempted to bet on a 0-0 draw now

Arsenal are two players away from being a bigger threat than Liverpool. The issue as ever is the utter reticience of the club to buy said players. Mustafi must arrive, and if they get Icardi they are in a great position. Think they have might enough to take a draw from the game, maybe nick a win, depending on Alexis/Ozil making it

I have no worries against Liverpool as its... Liverpool. Klopp has done incredibly well in strengthening their team but I still don't consider it top 4 worthy. Should be a breeze! :D

I doubt Lacazette is the main target here. If he truly has truly backing of the board to go big he is looking at higher calibre of strikers. Can he convince one of those to come is different matter.

At least Mustafi seems pretty close now and we've actually bid 50mil euros for Mahrez now.
Sky, The Times, The Guardian and Leicester themselves say Mahrez rumours are nonsense. Mahrez is staying.
Arsenal pledge more funds to land Wenger targets | Sport | The Times & The Sunday Times
The Times say that Wenger has been given a blank cheque for Lacazette.

Arsenal are two players away from being a bigger threat than Liverpool. The issue as ever is the utter reticience of the club to buy said players. Mustafi must arrive, and if they get Icardi they are in a great position. Think they have might enough to take a draw from the game, maybe nick a win, depending on Alexis/Ozil making it
Especially with Mustafi, we're better than Liverpool in every position but striker with better squad depth. I still expect us to win.

I have no worries against Liverpool as its... Liverpool. Klopp has done incredibly well in strengthening their team but I still don't consider it top 4 worthy. Should be a breeze! :D

Enjoy the game. Fixing to be a gorgeous day Sunday looking at the forecast. Great day out to start the season.

I'd love to see Liverpools signings in the new season. You have bought well imo.

Thank you. We think so. Shy of a left FB and maybe a controlling CM/ DM (although the need for a true DM is completely lessened the way Klopp utilises his players and I very much doubt one of that type will ever be bought just for the sake of a handful of games a season we'd use one. But another controlling player the middle would be nice), this is arguably the strongest squad we've had going into a season since Houllier's 2000/01 vintage.

We're set. Should be a great game Sunday. Here's to that and no more blasted injuries.

Last edited:
French news outlets say the opposite and for example when Kante moved it was exactly the same.

He has been given a blank cheque on striker, but he's not gonna blow 60mil on a 20mil player.
Not worth 60 mill imo but he's more than a 20 mill player. His market value is surely 40-50 mill? Scored 21 and 27 in his last 2 league seasons at 25 years old. Considering there are no other real options of that quality, he's surely worth getting albeit a bit prices? With Benteke and Batshuayi going for 30+, this is his new market value.

Not worth 60 mill imo but he's more than a 20 mill player. His market value is surely 40-50 mill? Scored 21 and 27 in his last 2 league seasons at 25 years old. Considering there are no other real options of that quality, he's surely worth getting albeit a bit prices? With Benteke and Batshuayi going for 30+, this is his new market value.

It still is in french league. Benteke had the premier league increase, but I think Batshuayi is good comparison and if I recall he went for something like bit over £30mil. Is he worth it at the moment? No, but I think he scored something similar to Lacazette last season as well in much worse team.

Personally if he is given blank cheque I'd much rather he went in for Icardi with it then Lacazette, but thats my opinion. Also likes of Bacca would be better options I think and Milan aren't really in position to decline moves eventhough they have new owners in.

Today we could have a total calamity in defence or we could have a total masterclass... Hoping for the latter but we will soon find out.

3-1 Alexis Sanchez to score first. (Hopefully!)

With the new TV deal, inflation has gone bonkers in the footballing world for EPL clubs. You might as well throw out any pre-conceived notions of what a player is worth. All the benchmarks will be set this season.

Nice start Arsenal.
Great finish from Theo after the penalty miss.

Nice start Arsenal.
Great finish from Theo after the penalty miss.

He's finding a ridiculous amount of space in that sort of area, Arsenal need to try and feed him another couple of times before half time, as Klopp will resolve that issue and he won't get just as much joy.

Back