The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I said it earlier in the summer and I will say it again, Granit Xhaka is an absolutely brilliant signing. The way he sent Mane flying to stop a counter-attack describes him in a nutshell. He takes no **** from anyone and is the type of midfielder who will drive Arsenal to a trophy if only Wenger puts the right players around him.
Not really needed. He's like coquelin but with better ball skills.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Beggared belief that the only player of note Wenger's actually signed this summer, he didn't start. In the opener. At home. Against a major rival with a weakened defensive middle.

Except he's Wenger. Listening to Arsenal fans the tube after, this is going to get REAL ugly REAL quick again. The majority have MORE than had enough of him now. The lads arguing that he should of been sacked after the 8-2 loss to Utd a few years back got roundly cheered which was amusing.

I have been saying it for eons and eons that he should be sacked. I agree that he did very well in a tough period when the club had to service their debt for the new stadium and major rivals were spending big but he can't use that excuse now when Arsenal have enough to spend but are simply waiting for players to fall into their lap (See Cech, Petr). Same old problems afflict the team every season and they always collapse when they are on the verge of winning a title. The game has clearly passed him by.

I still think Arsenal will be top of the table come Boxing Day, but will fade. And they did make Liverpool look far better than they are.

That's the thing. At this rate we will make any team look better than they are but that will be overshadowed by the result. Liverpool fans will be milking this.

To add insult to injury, one of the hottest strikers in Europe that the Gunners have been heavily linked with in recent weeks, and may of had signed and ready for the Liverpool match had Wenger swallowed his pride and matched the asking price, scored a hat-trick tonight in Lyon's 3-0 away win.

lacazette.PNG

Still not convinced by Lacazette. He won't improve us he but he will give us another option and that is it.

Not really needed. He's like coquelin but with better ball skills.

Are you high?

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

I still think Arsenal will be top of the table come Boxing Day, but will fade. And they did make Liverpool look far better than they are.

I missed this until it was highlighted above.

Dude, you got absolutely obliterated the 15 minutes after half time. That had nottin' to do with you being poor. You couldn't cope and got a VERY pubic *** whooping.

There's no shame in admitting you got destroyed by the opposition.

Agreed. That said, Moreno did the same for Arsenal

I missed this until it was highlighted above.

Dude, you got absolutely obliterated the 15 minutes after half time. That had nottin' to do with you being poor. You couldn't cope and got a VERY pubic *** whooping.

There's no shame in admitting you got destroyed by the opposition.

The most biased and deluded comment on this forum to date. Unbelievable.

EDIT: Actually I'm just going to assume your being sarcastic with this one and will let it slide ;)

Last edited:

EDIT: Actually I'm just going to assume your being sarcastic with this one and let it slide ;)

And yet it happened. And no amount of tawdry belittling of it will change that.

EDIT: Actually I'm just going to assume your being sarcastic with this one and let it slide ;)

Outside of those brutal 18 minutes it was never destruction. It was a high tempo error strewn game that was great for easy neutral watching, but both managers warning of big improvements needed

Still not convinced by Lacazette. He won't improve us he but he will give us another option and that is it.

In terms of being an out & out number 9, then surely he's a big improvement on the rather stiff Giroud. The only reason both Giroud and Gignac were in the French squad over Laca was down to the fact that Deschamps prefers to go with an old fashioned target man to lead the line, whereas Lacazette has pace and prefers runs in behind, which I think would be suit Arsenal down to the ground with the likes of Ozil feeding for fun. But that's just my opinion, you may be right.

Outside of those brutal 18 minutes it was never destruction. It was a high tempo error strewn game that was great for easy neutral watching, but both managers warning of big improvements needed

Exactly. It will look like a total destruction based on the scoreline alone but the fact is Arsenal was no where near prepared for this match and questions should be asked of the manager of why we couldn't cope physically during the second half.

I have been saying it for eons and eons that he should be sacked. I agree that he did very well in a tough period when the club had to service their debt for the new stadium and major rivals were spending big but he can't use that excuse now when Arsenal have enough to spend but are simply waiting for players to fall into their lap (See Cech, Petr). Same old problems afflict the team every season and they always collapse when they are on the verge of winning a title. The game has clearly passed him by.
He shouldnt be sacked! Who ll ensure a steady flow of comedy in the EPL if he does?!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

And yet it happened. And no amount of tawdry belittling of it will change that.
Mate where were you (you personally and the team you support) in the first 25 minutes?! Nowhere near the ball thats where!! And to a very depleted **** as well.

Im not saying you (not you personally) were not impressive at times but really!! Get those red blinkers off fffs!!

Mate where were you (you personally and the team you support) in the first 25 minutes?! Nowhere near the ball thats where!! And to a very depleted **** as well.

Im not saying you (not you personally) were not impressive at times but really!! Get those red blinkers off fffs!!

For 18 minutes they were unstoppable. But they were haphazard for a good 35 minutes against a depleted Arsenal side who have failed to win 5 of their last 7 opening fixtures iirc.

A good away win, and thats about it.

Mate FFS. Follow the posts.

I said they got utterly destroyed the 20 minutes after half time that had notin' to do with the claim 'Arsenal made L'pool look better than they are' and was all about how great L'pool were. He laughingly disputed that.

Don't indiscriminately pick a post without context. You're better than that.

Mate FFS. Follow the posts.

I said they got utterly destroyed the 20 minutes after half time that had notin' to do with the claim 'Arsenal made L'pool look better than they are' and was all about how great L'pool were. He laughingly disputed that.

Don't indiscriminately pick a post without context. You're better than that.
Im on holiday at the seaside and on tapatalk which i hate. Permanently drunk as well. Excuuuuse me if i missed a couple of posts :cool:

Im on holiday at the seaside and on tapatalk which i hate. Permanently drunk as well. Excuuuuse me if i missed a couple of posts :cool:

In that case apologies, consider yerself excused, and get back to the holiday!

Jonny Evans.

Really?

From what I've heard he is on the shortlist, but merely as a backup option.

However if we end up with just him things will get really ugly.

Last edited:
From what I've heard he is on the shortlist, but merely as a backup option.

However if we end up with just him things will get really ugly.

By the look of how your transfer window is going you'll be lucky to get him in.

Back